Speakers....check
    Microphone.....check
    Bluetooth connection to phone....check

Sounds doable to me. Anyone think this can be a future feature? I would find it useful while I'm working/playing with it and the phone's not nearby. For example, when the phone is in the charger, or in the holster, or the next room over.
    03-26-12 08:23 PM
    You'd think so... Maybe OS3.
    03-26-12 08:56 PM
    I was hoping some app would do it. OS3 (I assume this is BB10) probably won't be out till later this year or '13.

Its odd that RIM thought of bridging email, calendars, etc but didn't think of a phone's main function.
    03-26-12 09:06 PM
    That would be a NICE feature, I can see that being accomplished in the future, not so sure about the present PlayBook though
    03-26-12 09:09 PM
    I would love to atleast be able to dial from the playbook screen.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-3
    03-26-12 09:12 PM
    also I think this would be a fantastic feature when say...I have my playbook in the car in the dock and I can answer the phone hands free with it, while I was listening to music connected to my car sound system...incase I didnt have my bluetooth headphone...funny but when I think about it I can make a video call while driving when I have them tethered! LOL
    03-26-12 09:24 PM
    I've wished for this since I got the PB.
    RIM should definitely be able to do this, and to be quite honest, it shouldn't be that hard either. At worst case, make the PB act exactly as a bluetooth headset, and make it use a second bluetooth connection if going through the Bridge is too difficult.
    You could, say, open a 'phone' app that connects to your phone just as a bluetooth headset would when you press the dial button (or whatever it's called). An incoming call could work the same way. Your BB wouldn't have to know the difference (between a bt headset and the PB).

It would add so much functionality, and be such a cool feature, I would be able to leave my phone on the coffee table or dresser and would chat on speakerphone on the PB, it would free me of having the phone close because a call could come in.

If RIM could add this feature, and also add texts to PB, then we could truly be freed from the phone needing to be at arms length, and that would be a HUGE plus.
    03-26-12 09:26 PM
    That would be a NICE feature, I can see that being accomplished in the future, not so sure about the present PlayBook though
    What limitations do you thing the present PB has? As I listed in my OP I think it has all the necessary hardware to accomplish it.

I'm no software engineer but I would think all we need is the app. I also think there's no reason why it can't be done with OS2.

Perhaps I'm over-simplifying it.
    03-26-12 09:28 PM
    I dont know how hard this would be to develope, but personally I think this could be a gold mine for a dev...I would gladly pay say $5 bucks or alittle more for this app!! HINT HINT! LOL
    03-26-12 09:37 PM
    What limitations do you thing the present PB has? As I listed in my OP I think it has all the necessary hardware to accomplish it.

I'm no software engineer but I would think all we need is the app. I also think there's no reason why it can't be done with OS2.

Perhaps I'm over-simplifying it.
    I'm not so sure about the limitations of the present PlayBook, but more of the limitations that RIM puts on the PlayBook.
    03-26-12 09:38 PM
    I just want to be able to text without some dumb app that creates a new email address for everyone in your contact list...
    03-26-12 09:54 PM
    I would love to have more capabilities of my bb phone on the pb, such as gps or the phone call maybe even bbm will have texting to non bbm contacts. these are some of the things rim needs to work on.
    03-29-12 11:26 AM
    as well as i would like to be able to work with the android market without rooting my pb, rooting is too dangerous for me, will someone listen to our requests at rim and work on them, if rim wants a better pb the they need to listen to those that use one everyday.
    03-29-12 11:28 AM
    THis is a feature that would be a descriminator in the tablet wars for RIM. Don't know why it hasn't been implemented. I personally would love this option. Can you imagine working on a document or project, receiving a call and have the option to ignore, answer or go get your phone to answer. Then with the multitasking capabilities of the Playbook be able to continue your task hands free while talking. The Playbook would replace my hands free device in my truck especially if they added Blackberry traffic via the bridge.
    03-29-12 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD