View Poll Results: Will RIM make Us Whole Again?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES _ We will be in a state of joy, harmony, rest, and stability

72 47.06%
  • NO - We will be disappointed again

12 7.84%
  • I Don't Care, I don't support RIM or its products

2 1.31%
  • I'm hopeful, but taking a wait and see attitude!

67 43.79%
    Ladies and gentleman, today's winner of the "most bizarre hyperbole" award.
    Perhaps it was the use of the word emancipation in the title that inspired Jack...sometimes we have to, or atleast make an effort to, think outside of the box when attempting to interpret what exactly a poster is trying to convey.
    01-10-12 05:19 AM
    IU think the PlayBook update will not be enough and just start another huge FURY over the lack of RIM caring or being able to care.
    01-10-12 05:54 AM
    Looking forward to 2.0, but recognize that it will most likely have problems 'out of the gate' and will lack the functionality and applications we were originally led to expect. Never-the-less, I hope it exceeds all of our expectations.
    01-10-12 06:41 AM
    We COULD be.... If they actually pull off what they are promising in February without too many brutal bugs and deal with the price issue, RIM has a shot. Delays or failure to see the market as it is rather than as they want it to be and the PB will be on major life support for 2012.
    01-10-12 08:16 AM
    I voted "I'm hopeful, but taking a wait and see attitude!". While I am fairly confident that this time RIM will deliver in the time frame recently announced, it wouldn't bother me if it where still a bit later as long as it arrives and works as seen in yesterdays leaked video. That was great to see (if you were one of the lucky ones like me) because it really showed off the PB capabilities and some very cool additional features.

I really like my PB as it is and any thing more is icing on the cake to me.

I notice there is 1 vote for "I Don't Care, I don't support RIM or its products" which leads me to ask; why come into a forum where the goal is to provide support for each other on RIM products? Probably didn't need the question in the poll.

Cheers
    01-10-12 08:54 AM
    Cause there's always haters. Doesn't matter if the playbook was 100% perfect. So its good that the op added that option cause it gives trolls and haters a chance to participate
    01-10-12 09:37 AM
    The haters would select the NO response.
    01-10-12 09:51 AM
    s
    The haters would select the NO response.
    Not really, the 3rd choice is most appropriate for the haters, but that doesn't matter; it is now official that 2.0 is here, and that native e-mail, multi-tasking within that social networking (e-mail, FB, Twit, etc) is included, a favorites tray where you can place your most used apps, and a new intuitive, predictive, and contextual keyboard will have you all changing your shorts three times a day, or at the very least, wearing Depends.

01-10-12 02:00 PM
    This thread actually shows you exactly why RIM shares are dropping. 55% are skeptical of their ability to follow through with what is needed.
    01-10-12 02:10 PM
    I was wondering when the first fly was going to land on the ointment.

Oh, and 55% are not skeptical, they are more like hopeful; the difference is like the glass is either half full or half empty.
    01-10-12 02:16 PM
    If they really want to capture excitement and move the focus to them in a positive way they would release OS2.0 this week while the CES is going on. That would create a lot of attention and press. Having people walking around there with their PB fully functional would cause all the others to stop and drool.
    01-10-12 02:59 PM

Oh, and 55% are not skeptical, they are more like hopeful; the difference is like the glass is either half full or half empty.
    Eternal optimist I see...I just stated a fact. I actually voted NO personally, and not so much because I do not believe RIM will deliver something good to us, but rather that they will not deliver what everyone wants them to deliver. To paraphrase, expectations are high, very high, and when they are not met people will respond with a negative undertone no matter how good the changes. I personally am already disappointed at the lack of DLNA, no video store for Canada at launch, and no external storage support. DLNA + external storage support would basically enable this device to act as a full HTPC for all intents and purposes, which would be huge.

For the general public, the biggest disappointment will be the inability to actually get Android apps onto the PB in a simple and ready fashion without having to root your device. I am not confident in the app development community coming through with actually porting their apps for the PB despite the apparently easy process. Everyone sees RIM as an irrelevant small-time player now and that is very sad.

Anyway, I'm hoping for the best, but I'm ready to be let down again and won't think much of it.
    Last edited by dejanh; 01-10-12 at 03:13 PM.
    01-10-12 03:11 PM
    It will never have everything but to me this will atleast finish PB OS 1 and be on par will more all other tabs functionality wise finally. Time will tell if its too little to late for the PB 1.
    01-10-12 05:51 PM

Correct.
    Hopeful is to be Optimistic as Skeptical is to be Doubtful.

I remain optimistic.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    01-10-12 06:02 PM
    This thread actually shows you exactly why RIM shares are dropping. 55% are skeptical of their ability to follow through with what is needed.
    Stock dropping? Not any more. Stock is up about 25% and climbing. With the new OS proven and sales up, stock will continue to climb.

Ok for folks to take a wait and see attitude, better than the haters who disparage regardless of the positive developments.
    01-10-12 06:10 PM
    I Love the company but they sure do have a pack of troubles. they have to
    get their flagship phone to wakeup every morning. I thinks it will be along and
    tedious road. but lets go with the 4th choice..
    01-10-12 06:15 PM
    Well, it looks like CES is over....do we all feel better now insofar as the Playbook is concerned?
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-14-12 03:58 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD