View Poll Results: Will RIM make Us Whole Again?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES _ We will be in a state of joy, harmony, rest, and stability

72 47.06%
  • NO - We will be disappointed again

12 7.84%
  • I Don't Care, I don't support RIM or its products

2 1.31%
  • I'm hopeful, but taking a wait and see attitude!

67 43.79%
    This upcoming CES brings a lot of hope, as well as fear insofar as Blackberry is concerned. The poll is simple, will we be delivered from all the evil thrown at us by the naysayers, insofar as the Playbook Tablet is concerned, and will we be in a state of Nirvana come February?
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 01-09-12 at 07:42 PM.
    01-09-12 09:41 AM
    This upcoming CES brings a lot of hope, as well as fear insofar as Blackberry is concerned. The poll is simple, will we be delivered from all the evil thrown at us by the naysayers, insofar as the Playbook Tablet is concerned, and will we be in a state of Nirvana come February?
    CES?
    01-09-12 09:52 AM
    CES?
    Willard814: Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas: http://crackberry.com/press-release-...os-20-ces-2012
    01-09-12 09:57 AM
    CES?
    Willard.....get yourself a cup of joe post haste.
    01-09-12 10:18 AM
    I voted No. The reason is that no matter what they do at the show, it would NEVER live up to the false hopes and expectations of the BB Nation! RIM is in a damned if they do, damned if they don't position. Another "Look what we have here!! YIPPIE!! Oops, sorry, that is not for you right now. Maybe in about a month. Maybe!"

I'm pulling for you RIM, I really am, but CES never would nor could satisfy those hopes and dreams of current users. This announcement as well can be viewed as fuel for the fire of all those haters and naysayers out there!

Good Luck RIM. You're gonna need it. "H E double hockey sticks" week is upon us.
    01-09-12 10:48 AM
    I hope RIM understands the ramifications of a subpar update, it would be a huge disappointment if OS2.0 was NOT delivered as advertised, not to mention the waiting period. I have faith that RIM got it right this time ......PLEASE
    ralfyguy, Bob31464 and AggreX like this.
    01-09-12 10:51 AM
    All we will hear about is how it is too little too late. Already we are hearing the "what about this what about thats". The chains of slavery and bigotry will be on blackberry for some time to come.

I has trouble answering the poll because it is highly dependent on who "we" is - many will be filled with joy, many will be filled with complaints. I cant speak for others.

It should be changed to "I".

Personally I will be weeping tears of joy when I can pick up my phone and once again thumbtype with one hand
    with a REAL keyboard and a trackpad to move the cursor precisely!!
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 01-09-12 at 10:57 AM.
    yunvi and Bob31464 like this.
    01-09-12 10:53 AM
    Not sure why but voted #1. Don't think it is going to be all that but I do think it is going to add the things most complained about it missing.
    01-09-12 10:59 AM
    You should have given more options.
    01-09-12 11:09 AM
    From the Press Release about OS 2.0 I'll be happy if all thats delivered (& auto correct!)
    01-09-12 11:09 AM
    The chains of slavery and bigotry will be on blackberry for some time to come.
    I find the phrase "Chains of Slavery" somewhat extreme. It's ironic because BB folks that Apple/Droid folks are "slaves"(really don't like this word) to 'apps' and such, just as Apple/Droid folks don't understand BB folks and probably think that they're 'slaves" to outdate phone tech.

Can't everybody just get along?
    01-09-12 11:24 AM
    Will We be Imancipated From Ignorance this CES?
    Apparently, you will be emancipated if there is spellcheck.
    01-09-12 11:28 AM
    I agree with blackjack. I don't think the choice should be "we" because it's subjective. Some people will be satisfied, others will find it lacking. You can't please all of the people all of the time...
    01-09-12 11:31 AM
    I added a 4th option for those of us who are hopeful, BUT who have been burned by RIM many times in the past. And I corrected the spelling too.
    ScoobsDM likes this.
    01-09-12 11:32 AM
    Love the addition of the 4th choice. I was finally able to pick one!
    01-09-12 11:35 AM
    The chains of slavery and bigotry will be on blackberry for some time to come.
    Ladies and gentleman, today's winner of the "most bizarre hyperbole" award.
    pkcable and FF22 like this.
    01-09-12 11:35 AM
    Apparently, you will be emancipated if there is spellcheck.
    ROTFLMAO!! Can't stop laughing. Thanks - I needed that!
    01-09-12 11:36 AM
    I am very hopeful of what they will show at CES, however knowing RIM's past record.....

I'm liking what they've been saying so far, but i'll just have to wait it out before getting over excited.
    01-09-12 11:36 AM
    I added a 4th option for those of us who are hopeful, BUT who have been burned by RIM many times in the past. And I corrected the spelling too.
    Thanx...I wanted to ad a 4th option after I posted, but apparently that feature is not available to us regular folks. Oh, and what is wrong with the spell czech; it ercs find on mie nde.
    pkcable likes this.
    01-09-12 12:04 PM
    I voted that I will be happy.
    01-09-12 01:30 PM
    My RIMM portfolio is really going to get that proverbial "tingle running down my leg" feeling next month, that's for sure!
    01-09-12 07:34 PM
    And I corrected the spelling too.
    I don't think the spelling needed changing, just the capitalization.

We will be iMancipated...
    01-09-12 07:39 PM
    Ladies and gentleman, today's winner of the "most bizarre hyperbole" award.
    Well the OP for the poll did use the term "Emancipated" in the title.
    01-09-12 07:44 PM
    Well the OP for the poll did use the term "Emancipated" in the title.
    At least someone saw the connection...

Assuming I am voting for me - I went with option number one...but certain that option 2 will be popular also.
    01-09-12 07:55 PM
    Yes, it's true, Rim has made some bone headed mistakes in the recent past. But, I am hard pressed to think of any major corp that hasn't made at least a few. The question is, can RIM right the ship and deliver a really good, high quality OS to go along with what is already a high quality piece of hardware. Not only do I believe they can, I believe they will. Of course, I for one, have never disappointed with my PB since day one. I did my research and knew what it did and didn't do before buying it. So, I just don't see how I could be anything but pleased with the os2 update. I'm looking forward to the joy.
    01-09-12 08:05 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD