How soon can I expect to get one, has anybody heard?
    08-03-12 02:14 PM
    I would assume so, if in doubt call rim or verizon.
    08-03-12 04:07 PM
    Remember a few weeks ago when there was a Verizon store showing in App World for a few hours? I hope we will see it available soon.
    08-03-12 05:06 PM
    08-03-12 06:42 PM
    And unfortunately they did not have a release date either.....
    08-04-12 08:28 AM
    I doubt it. I get the distinct impression that Verizon and RIM are splitsville. When I went to buy my 9370, I was strongly encouraged by the VZW rep to buy anything other than BB. VZW strategically delayed introduction of the 9370 until after the Christmas buying season; its high $100, barely-subsidized price tag discouraged sales to all but BB die-hards; and 7.1 for the 9370, strongly advertised as "coming soon" back in January, has been a colossal no-show for seven months now---thanks only to repeated stonewalling by Verizon.
    Last edited by dugggggg; 08-04-12 at 10:05 AM.
    08-04-12 09:35 AM
    I've been with Verizon for many many years, I hope they continue a good relationship with RIM because I have no interest in the other crappy carriers and don't care for the other smartphone platforms.

However, I am getting more and more disgusted with Verizon Wireless with their treatment of the BlackBerry product line.

I have a client that was using a Storm2. He dropped it in water. so while it was soaking in rice for a couple of days, I loaned him my spare Torch 9850. He liked it and once the Storm was officially dead, he went to the local Verizon Store to pick one up. They didn't have any in stock, so he asked the rep to order the 9850.

The store representative told him that he could (or would) NOT order it. How ridiculous is that crap?

My client just went back to his office and ordered it online at VZW's web site, no problem.

I wish someone would just tell us the truth about what is going on. We've seen frequent reports about salespeople actually steering people away from BlackBerry in the store, even when I they go asking for one.
    Last edited by jhanks64; 08-05-12 at 09:03 PM.
    08-05-12 09:00 PM
    I don't see how they could carry it. From what I've seen, it has LTE but no CDMA to fall back to. Seems like only AT&T and/or TMobile.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    08-05-12 09:20 PM
    Considering that Verizon has the largest LTE network at this point, seems like they should carry the LTE Playbook.
    08-06-12 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD