I know the pb doesn't have a usb port. But I was wondering if, with a converter (I found a female/female online), would a usb even work? Case in point: was on the road last week, and the wireless signal in the hotel's rooms was spotty. But they did have hard-wired ethernet cables supplied. So, for that would a dongle work? I've seen posts from others about differing power supply ratings with different connector cables. Would that come on to play here as well?

Oh-please answer in simple english - I don't do computer/geek speak.

And man, what I wouldn't give for a cursor on the keyboard!!!
    05-31-11 11:20 PM
    the playbook has a micro usb...
    05-31-11 11:27 PM
    Sorry. Know that. But I found an adapter online that would allow the conversion. Just looking to find out if it would work or not, in case someone has already tried. And I've got to believe someone on here has...
    05-31-11 11:33 PM
    I bought that kind of converter weeks ago. Unfortunately, dongle doesn't work on PB. that dongle works fine on ipad.
    you mention about the keyboard. I hope rim can learn something from apple.
    05-31-11 11:34 PM
    The simple answer: no. At least not right now.

Supposedly the PlayBook is hardware-ready for USB on-the-go, but it is not enabled in the software. Right now, the USB port only functions to allow the PlayBook to be read and accessed (and charged). If the software support is put in place, it would allow you to plug USB devices into the PlayBook and the OS would be able to read and use them.
    05-31-11 11:34 PM
    Damn. Was afraid of that. Maybe it will come in an update. Along with a cursor. thanks!
    05-31-11 11:36 PM
    This summer maybe? Not sure about the cursor, I haven't heard anything about that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-11 11:54 PM
    There IS a cursor, actually, TWO! Your fingers or the cursor that appears on your screen when you use a bb phone to remotely control the playbook. So there is already a cursor!
    12-14-12 04:30 AM
    You will see a cursor if you have a bluetooth mouse or a Blackberry connected.
    If it had a cursor without a mouse connected you wouldn't see it anyway, it would be under your finger.

For the hotel situation, I use a portable wireless router.
    Plug the hotel WiFi into the router then connect to it wirelessly from your Playbook and any other wireless device you have.

The Asus WL-330N3G is a good example.
    12-14-12 02:44 PM
    Dear sir...
    I have a Blacberry 64Gb play book with Wi-fi, but i have'nt wi-fi connection. so how to use the internet in this play book? can we connect usb dongle sticks in this play book? can we use the internet by connecting usb dongles sticks in this play book? And can we connect usb pen drives in this play book...?
    please help me...
    02-19-13 10:54 PM
    At present you cannot connect any USB devices to a playbook. This includes pen drives and dongles. This will not come until the BB10 update - but we have firm clue on a release date for this.

How to use the internet? Either you have to find a free hotspot somewhere, or failing this tether your mobile phone to your Playbook & use your data plan (if you have one) to go online.
    02-19-13 11:41 PM
    Dear sir...
    I have a Blacberry 64Gb play book with Wi-fi, but i have'nt wi-fi connection. so how to use the internet in this play book? can we connect usb dongle sticks in this play book? can we use the internet by connecting usb dongles sticks in this play book? And can we connect usb pen drives in this play book...?
    please help me...
    You canNOT use a usb-dongle. Maybe in the future but do not count on it.

So you have no access to a wifi connection, either at home/work or a cafe or public library? You can hook it to a computer and move data to and from it. If you have a bb phone, you can use the 3g connection in a feature called the Bridge and use that data for the pb and browsing the web.
    02-19-13 11:44 PM
    Either tether a bluetooth phone to the playbook and use it's data connection or look at
    O2 Launches its Pocket Hotspot portable Wifi Device
    02-20-13 01:25 PM
    Or if you have android simply use FoxFi to setup a hotspot (which also covers tracks on mobile providers who don't like tethering - just so long as you don't overdo it!)
    02-20-13 01:29 PM
    Dear sir...
    please help me...
    Do you have Internet at all in your home? If not I don't understand what type of USB dongle you expect will give you an Internet connection.
    If you do have an Internet connection buy a cheap WiFi router like the one I described above.
    02-20-13 04:59 PM
    Do you have Internet at all in your home? If not I don't understand what type of USB dongle you expect will give you an Internet connection.
    If you do have an Internet connection buy a cheap WiFi router like the one I described above.
    I think they might be referring to mobile internet sticks like turbostick , but the answer's still no.
    02-21-13 09:40 AM
    I think they might be referring to mobile internet sticks like turbostick , but the answer's still no.
    In that case you use a Wireless Hotspot device.
    02-21-13 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD