There has been discussion in the past of a 10 inch PB coming this year and I wonder with the recent news RIM announced how it will probably focus more on their business clientele if this new playbook will come.

I was going to buy a second PB when the prices dropped at the end of last year, I thought I would keep one at home and take the other with me for business since it was more portable. As much as I love the PB and it's convenient size I always wished it was just a little bit larger. Another inch would have made a huge difference for me but by no means a deal breaker.
    When the subject of a new PB and vague reference to it by RIM staff at different events, publications and web communication came up and appeared it might happen I decided to hold off on buying a second PB now and wait for the suspected new model to come.

My personal gut feeling is that when OS2.0 was released for the current PB this was RIMs way of saying "OK we delivered most of what we promised now we are done with this model". We might see a few more mild updates to help it perform better but that will be it. NOW the reason I believe another tablet may be coming is "TAT". We have all seen the videos here on CB, taken at the different BB and Mobile conferences by Kevin and the CB team about the apps TAT has been developing. From what I have seen on those videos those apps looked complete and ran beautifully on the PB and I may be wrong on the timeline here but these videos had started about 6 months ago.
    When OS 2.0 came out I thought we might actually get some of these new TAT apps with it, but nope not there. The only thing TAT related was the new PrintToGo app (I believe). So now I am thinking why aren't we getting these apps yet? When the rumors about the new PB being release later this year it dawned on me that TAT was going to be one of the carrots RIM will be dangling to entice people to buy a new PB. If you and want the cool smooth TAT apps you will need to upgrade your device.
    I do hope they come out with a new larger tablet, I use my existing PB often at home sitting on the sofa and it would be nice to have the bigger screen, one that does not lose half its viewing area when the keyboard comes up. With my work I really do need a larger screen so when I show clients drawings and documents it is easier to see with out scrolling and having to pinch to zoom in and out so we can read the item.

So what do all of you think? Will another tablet be coming?
    04-01-12 09:11 AM
    If there is another larger 10" tablet in the works it will like be focused on business applications. I can see the need for a larger tablet. Showing clients drawings and documents would make a good case for a larger tablet.

While waiting at my doctor's office, I often see a lot of pharmaceutical reps with laptops. A tablet would be lighter and easier to handle.

Sounds plausible! The questions will be price and availability. I can see bundling of tablets and specific business software for a particular industry. Custom software would ensure good profit margins.
    04-01-12 09:21 AM
    Only if RIM files for the 501(c) status and starts accepting funds from the United Way.
    04-01-12 09:54 AM
    I for one am very much in favor of Ten Inch Tablets (TITs for short)! I am not sure if people will be showing their TITs all over town. It seems to me that they will be handled at home most of the time. Women may need a special garment to carry their TITs. Men will most likely just use their hands.
    04-01-12 10:22 AM
    I for one am very much in favor of Ten Inch Tablets (TITs for short)! I am not sure if people will be showing their TITs all over town. It seems to me that they will be handled at home most of the time. Women may need a special garment to carry their TITs. Men will most likely just use their hands.
    That had me in tears
    04-01-12 02:07 PM
    That had me in tears
    Glad you took it in the spirit it was intended.
    04-01-12 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD