I recently bought a Playbook for $199 (16GB) on ShopBlackBerry, i bought it since it said the price was a "limited time offer."
    However, it has been at $199 for a long time.

Will the price go up again? if so then when?

or will it Permanently stay at $199 ?
    03-18-12 02:55 PM
    I think it will stay the same. I just got a email from radioshack for the same price. I believe the new model will go for 399 and the older model will stay at 199 until the stock pile is gone.
    03-18-12 05:09 PM
    Bestbuy.com has the 16gig for $499...and this is about 2weeks after i baught mine for $199..
    03-18-12 05:13 PM
    In my opinion YES, but not back to the prices back in April on release
    03-18-12 05:43 PM
    I think the price will remain at $199, as no one in their right mind will pay more than that (for the 16 G). Don't forget the current model of PB is already a year old. RIM will likely discontinue them within a few months, and bring out the 4G models.
    03-18-12 05:56 PM
    I agree that the price probably won't go up until the new playbook is released. Once it is, I would think the price will have to increase so RIM isn't losing money on every sale.

Why anyone would pay more than $199 for the 16gb pb right now is beyond me.
    03-18-12 08:35 PM
    I can almost guarantee they have been stabilized. When I requested an RMA a few weeks ago, the Advanced program listed the original prices. I'm going through my second RMA and the prices are now 199/249/299. So, it's official, the discount is here to stay!

I also think this shift might be a sign of things to come!*grinds the rumor mill*
    03-18-12 09:02 PM
    I think the price will have to go back up. Rim is shooting itself in the foot by having their site cutting the throats of the retail outlets. They don't have to carry Rim's products. Rim really needs a marketing team.
    Why would anybody buy it @ regular price? Everything goes on sale. Not everybody takes advantage of it. Either no funds or missing the sale all together. A lot of people still in the world that don't shop online.
    Just because the PB whent on sale doesn't mean its not worth the regular price. It really is worth it. I think $200 should be regular price cause its a dang good value. Face it BlackBerry isn't a household name. People don't know about BlackBerry so its hard to drop $500 to try out a brand name.
    03-19-12 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD