I don't have option to connect PlayBook to wireless, but I have spare Ethernet LAN cable. So I am curious, will PB work with with microUSB to Ethernet adapter?
    For example: New Micro USB 2.0 To RJ45 Ethernet 10/100Mbps Network Lan Adapter For Tablet | eBay

Did anyone try? Thanks!
    07-05-14 08:37 AM
    I highly doubt it...

BUT - why don't you just get yourself a cheap WiFi access point instead?
    something like this: NETGEAR-RangeMax-WNR1000-Wireless-Router

$25 (you might even find cheaper alternatives)

Edit: Found one for $12:
    Belkin-Wireless-G-4-Port-Router

- should do the trick for you. And you could also connect your phone(s)- and save battery etc....
    Last edited by Morten; 07-05-14 at 01:40 PM.
    just_luc likes this.
    07-05-14 08:45 AM
    I highly doubt it...

BUT - why don't you just get yourself a cheap WiFi access point instead?
    something like this: NETGEAR-RangeMax-WNR1000-Wireless-Router

$25 (you might even find cheaper alternatives)

- and should do the trick for you. And you could also connect your phone(s)- and save battery etc....
    This guy speaks the truth.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 08:46 AM
    That is good solution but not good for me. I can't have WiFi network, because it is at work.
    07-05-14 05:43 PM
    That is good solution but not good for me. I can't have WiFi network, because it is at work.
    I understand there might be some company policies - but - If they already would allow you to connect equipment via your Ethernet wire, what is the reasoning behind not allowing you to connect a protected WiFi access point to the same wire?
    The WiFi router can have full security enabled, only allowing Your MAC address -- and would not be any more risk than using the wire itself.

Another way to do things- If you have a laptop connected - most newer laptops can, with the right software, Share their network connection, - and that way serve as a access point for your playbook...
    07-05-14 10:31 PM
    Wireless is no go for me, my company is very healthy oriented and doesn't allow and unnecessary networks. Will Android tablets work with that adapter then?
    07-06-14 09:00 AM
    Wireless is no go for me, my company is very healthy oriented and doesn't allow and unnecessary networks. Will Android tablets work with that adapter then?
    I may be mistaken, but the PlayBook had plans for USB to Ethernet that never actually came to fruition. Check out XDA-Developers for an Android Tablet that supports this. I saw that some people wrote drivers for the original Nexus 7 at some point. You may find that other tablets have a similar driver.

As for everyone else, not being allowed Wi-Fi is very common. Especially in military hospitals. They actually walk around every now and then searching for unauthorized hot spots. It is a huge security concern because anyone that has the password can be on a DoD network and cause problems. Stop questioning his reasoning for needing ethernet after he already explained wireless is not an option.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 09:22 AM