Anyone have any idea... when this bad boy makes a grand return? is chen thinking about making a new modern one??

I had a playbook (still do collecting dust now) just looks as sleek better than the lame a-s-s ipad lol

I'm sure i heard chen somewhere mention along the lines they will return to the playbook series around mid 2015?
    09-24-14 07:55 PM
    My guess is never unless the they sell a crap load of passports and classics.
    Cynycl likes this.
    09-24-14 08:08 PM
    My guess is never unless the they sell a crap load of passports and classics.
    My guess is that your guess is correct. I am also guessing that they won't sell a crap load of passports and classics. Oh, and that I was reading headlines suggesting that Chen wants to concentrate on the higher margin software side of the business.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-25-14 07:04 AM
    As much as I would like to see that happen, a mature fully functional blend won't let a new tablet walk through that door. Blend idea is just brilliant.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 09:39 AM
    It never really left, just morphed into either:

a. A high end picture frame.
    4. A high end alarm clock.
    2. A high end coaster.
    g. A high end door stop.
    8. A low end browser.
    c. A high end music player
    1. A high end video player (GREAT with the HDMI out and a 6 foot HDMI cable for travel/hotel saving those high movie rates.

See, never went away, just "evolved".........
    dmlis, MTL, eddy_berry and 1 others like this.
    09-25-14 02:29 PM

2. A high end coaster.
    g. A high end door stop.
    8. A low end browser.
    1. A high end video player (GREAT with the HDMI out and a 6 foot HDMI cable for travel/hotel saving those high movie rates.

besides using it as a "high end video player" which is just great, I still use for emails and documents on the go. It is still more comfortable to use than a PC while in a plane, and bigger that a phone. I do love my Q10, but when working on a large email, doc or excel file, I do prefer my Playbook. So I'm still in love with it.
    09-25-14 03:49 PM
    besides using it as a "high end video player" which is just great, I still use for emails and documents on the go. It is still more comfortable to use than a PC while in a plane, and bigger that a phone. I do love my Q10, but when working on a large email, doc or excel file, I do prefer my Playbook. So I'm still in love with it.
    Latest use with that neutron app, amazing sound. I recently ordered a rapid charger stand for 10 bucks thru amazon. It serves my needs.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-25-14 09:07 PM
    My intention was/is to replace my PlayBook with a Passport. While it's nice that I could use it as a phone as well, I prefer my trusty Q10 as a daily driver. So the thought occurs to me.....with the PB I can use bridge to access BBM. If I have a Passport is that still possible or simply use Blend instead? Also if I am logged in to BBWorld via BB id on my Q will I be able to be logged in on the Passport as well at the same time? I'm certain there's a practical way to manage this. CB World....a little help please. Thanks.
    09-25-14 09:42 PM
    My intention was/is to replace my PlayBook with a Passport. While it's nice that I could use it as a phone as well, I prefer my trusty Q10 as a daily driver. So the thought occurs to me.....with the PB I can use bridge to access BBM. If I have a Passport is that still possible or simply use Blend instead? Also if I am logged in to BBWorld via BB id on my Q will I be able to be logged in on the Passport as well at the same time? I'm certain there's a practical way to manage this. CB World....a little help please. Thanks.
    Well, not exactly at the same time, you will have to switch "associations" when you go from one device to the other for apps/updates ('cept the Playbook updates, which are no more), BB World will just ask if "you wish to associate this device to your BB ID. Just hit "yes", and carry on........
    09-26-14 08:52 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I suppose same method for BBM, or is Blend a better way to go for that?
    09-26-14 09:01 AM
    6"? Mine is about 20. Awesome PlayBook!

2. A high end coaster.
    g. A high end door stop.
    8. A low end browser.

09-28-14 11:22 PM

2. A high end coaster.
    g. A high end door stop.
    8. A low end browser.

Lost it at door stop.

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    09-30-14 12:52 AM
    Also just to note, mine "returns" every day after I wake up. Use it for what's it's great for now and you will be happier than trying to figure out what it either will do badly, or can't do at all.

Posted via CB App from my Galaxy S4 Mini with an LED CrackLight ;-)
    10-08-14 09:37 PM
    It came out already. Slightly smaller with a keyboard......

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-08-14 09:48 PM
    The rumor I've heard says a possible 2015 release date. I'm sure the company has or has or had a prototype(s) device made that probably runs BB10... probably with 2GB or more of ram (Small joke). The ten things that Blackberry would have to do to get me to buy a Playbook 2 are as follows:

1. Acknowledge Playbook Version 1 as a failure.
    2. Offer some incentive to current Playbook owners. Ideally a sizable discount.
    3. Put out a device with a lot of power under the hood. If it doesn't have at least 3GB of ram, it's a no go for me. Passport has it. Playbook 2 should too.
    4. Provide regular updates to the platform.
    5. Make sure that all core apps are available on the device, even if the company has to create and maintain them itself.
    6. Make no promise for a future update.
    7. Seriously, making a promise the first time around did not end well.
    8. Offer incentives to major developers so that the app store won't be so bare bones.
    9. Refine BB10 so that it takes advantage of the increased screen real estate. If it's just like BB10 phone only bigger then I probably won't buy it.
    10. The battery life has to be really good. The Passport's battery life has been quoted as being incredible. It has to be even better on a Playbook 2.

Even after all of that has been met, I will probably still wait 6 months to a year before I even consider buying one. BlackBerry has to get a 2nd generation Playbook on the mark. If it falls short on even one thing, I doubt it will sell any better than the first one.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    10-08-14 10:07 PM
    I wouldn't hold my breath. Right now we z10/z30 users are wondering when we are going to see a full touch phone replacement.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 10:17 PM
    March is the magic month..... MWC in Barcelona.......

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-08-14 10:20 PM
    No they got burnt last time
    10-09-14 11:20 AM
    Love mine but it's utterly useless.
    Can't bring myself to get rid of it though. My sister wants it but she has no idea the amount of frustration she'd end up with.
    Oh well, it was free so I'm not that upset over its demise. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 01:54 AM
    No it wont
    10-11-14 11:26 AM