Just wondering if it will play them back (as it has support for flash) or do you need a dedicated player? The reason I ask is because I have a nice old collection of swf files (old ROMP games, Devil Doll, Eskimo Bob and a ton of other stuff) that would be cool I think to view on the PB.
    03-08-12 10:13 PM
    Send me a smaller file and I'll test it for you.
    03-08-12 10:25 PM
    Just downloaded a random SWF file (JediAcademyTrailer.swf) and the Playbook is not even seeing it.

Edit: Files and Folders is seeing it. The Native file manager and the Video app are not. There is nothing in the App World with the tag "SWF" either.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 03-08-12 at 10:32 PM.
    03-08-12 10:30 PM
    There are a couple of apps in app world that will play flash flv files- the native video player won't- that maybe will work. I have FLV player and it works fine for flv. Where did you download JediAcademyTrailer.swf, I found it but couldn't download it. I'll give it a try on FLV player if I can get a copy.
    kennyliu likes this.
    03-08-12 10:42 PM
    There are a couple of apps in app world that will play flash flv files- the native video player won't- that maybe will work. I have FLV player and it works fine for flv. Where did you download JediAcademyTrailer.swf, I found it but couldn't download it. I'll give it a try on FLV player if I can get a copy.
    Here:

Jedi Academy Trailer.swf : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

I first downloaded it to my PC, then transferred it to the PB.
    03-08-12 10:44 PM
    Yes the swf files work fine. Go to browser and type file: and then browse to the location of the click and then click it to play. I have used this method with games and other flash programs etc.
    MTL, kennyliu, zektor666 and 1 others like this.
    03-08-12 10:45 PM
    Yeah. The FLV player wouldn't play it, but z_scorpio_z's method does work.
    kennyliu likes this.
    03-08-12 10:58 PM
    Is there an app that will play swf files for the playbook? The browser method is ok but you cant control the video.
    04-15-14 01:18 PM
    Hi help I m not able to open swf file...u saying go to browser type file BUT where to type the file..I am using passport..please resolve
    01-01-15 10:32 PM
    Hi help I m not able to open swf file...u saying go to browser type file BUT where to type the file..I am using passport..please resolve
    In the browser, type file:/ . It will open the file structure on the phone.
    01-02-15 01:54 PM
    I am using BB playbook and I downloaded files swf like games,but when it finished I couldn't open that files.It said:unable to fine default app
    06-27-16 09:05 AM
    I am using BB playbook and I downloaded files swf like games,but when it finished I couldn't open that files.It said:unable to fine default app
    Read this thread.
    06-27-16 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD