I was just wondering if the Play book will be able to pair with the new wireless Seagate satellite hdd. I know the Ipad has its own app but i was just wondering if anyone knows if the playbook can already or will be able to utilize this storage possibility in the future? thanks.
    05-17-11 09:48 PM
    in the future maybe.now no.
    05-17-11 09:59 PM
    aww, that sucks. They advertise it to work on the xoom too supposedly. I wonder why it would work with the xoom without an app and not with playbook?
    05-17-11 10:11 PM
    aww, that sucks. They advertise it to work on the xoom too supposedly. I wonder why it would work with the xoom without an app and not with playbook?
    not really sucks.we know that playbook is more than capable of doing those stuff in the future,right now is not the priority besides our playbook is not even a month old.and if you are a playbook owner you know whats your standing and you dont even asking those stuff yet.
    05-17-11 11:28 PM
    Until the darn thing can handle folders, by darn thing, I mean Playbook, I can see linking it to a harddisk with THOUSANDS of photos and I want to attach one to an email and have to sort through 10,653 photos to find the one I want - not very useful.

Okay, I'm being a bit cynical!
    05-18-11 12:07 AM
    I was fortunate enough today to get an in-office demo of a satellite prototype in action and I just happened to have my playbook with me. I connected to it and checked out a few different movies as well as photos and mp3's. Not only does it work, but it allows you to play your movie/music in the background while using other apps. I was really impressed with it, and the rep said that it will be launching in June for $200 for the 500GB model. It will last up to 5 hours of video streaming, and up to a couple days on standby. Can't wait to get my hands on one!
    05-19-11 03:37 PM
    There was also someone posting in another thread who claimed to work for the company and aso stated it works no problem with the Playbook. All the PB does is connects over wifi with the device, the device has it's own SSID.
    05-19-11 03:43 PM
    All the PB does is connects over wifi with the device, the device has it's own SSID.
    Exactly.. I was connected within a minute and browsing the hundreds of titles he had on the device.. We also had an Infuse, Evo and Atrix Lapdock streaming movies simultaneously. No lag or buffering. He also said there would be a 3G model coming out soon, but I don't think that would be much of a hit. He said you would be able to set it up to download you favorite shows over 3G in off-peak hours, then watch them with your phone/tablet/laptop whenever you want. I can't imagine that would be very easy to negotiate with all the content providers.. a portable DVR that streams premium programming to 5 devices at once? Not likely
    05-19-11 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD