Will Android apps coming to Playbook and Blackberry phones just no good, will Rim let us bridge with my Android phone?
    08-05-11 11:43 AM
    Tether yes, bridge isn't likely though. Tethering should be enough for what you need though, it will get you internet access on your PB. If you can use wifi sharing that's a little more ideal as all the PB apps will work properly then. (App world being one that doesn't work over Bluetooth tethering)
    coyotelandingbird likes this.
    08-05-11 11:46 AM
    the whole point of the BLACKBERRY Bridge is for Blackberry phones to have exclusivity with email and PIM from your phone to the playbook. It will not work
    08-05-11 12:08 PM
    I agree with quicksilver. In the future maybe who knows

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-11 12:17 PM
    Will Android apps coming to Playbook and Blackberry phones just no good, will Rim let us bridge with my Android phone?
    This is exactly why the bridge is more of a crutch than a "feature". It works well for BB users but for everyone else, it's just a browser. It depends on too many outside variables for it to function like other tablets do on their own. But when all the features are native i.e. Apps and PIM functions it should work pretty well as a tablet.
    08-05-11 12:18 PM
    This is exactly why the bridge is more of a crutch than a "feature". It works well for BB users but for everyone else, it's just a browser. It depends on too many outside variables for it to function like other tablets do on their own. But when all the features are native i.e. Apps and PIM functions it should work pretty well as a tablet.

I wouldn't exactly say its a crutch because the only time bridge is necessary for browsing is outside of wifi...other tablets without the expensive 3G data plan are useless for native anything once outside of wifi anyway so how is this person in any different situation.? with the pb being unable to bridge his android or with an android tablet he's still in the same boat.
    djmm2 likes this.
    08-05-11 02:36 PM
    Bump...any word on this with the OS 2 release?
    02-21-12 10:10 PM
    Bump. I'm thinking about upgrading my blackberry 9900 to an android, but am keeping my Playbook. I can't stand not being able to listen to my satellite radio on my phone. Can you bridge your playbook with android now or do I still need a blackberry phone to enjoy the benefits of bridge? Thanks.

Oh, and I know you can sideload apps on the new Z10, but I don't know how to do it. I tried it on my playbook, but am not tech savvy and couldn't do it, even with the instructions, so I might just get an android phone.
    Last edited by leticeberry; 06-06-13 at 02:54 PM.
    06-06-13 02:43 PM
    You still canNOT Bridge a non-bb phone to the PB. You can use a wifi hotspot (that may cost extra depending on carrier).

The new BB10 phones have a Crippled Bridge - can share data with the pb but not email, memos. etc
    06-06-13 03:38 PM
    BB Storm, Bold, Curve, I phone 4, PlayBook, Droid 2 Global, HTC Thunderbolt, Samsung Droid Charge
    We unlock all phones remotely worldwide

Could you unlock my Storm II for me please. It's on O2
    06-06-13 04:28 PM
    You still canNOT Bridge a non-bb phone to the PB. You can use a wifi hotspot (that may cost extra depending on carrier).

The new BB10 phones have a Crippled Bridge - can share data with the pb but not email, memos. etc
    If you can't share email, etc. what kind of data can you share? Is this going to be fixed so we can use bridge like we did with the older bb phones? Why should playbook users get a new BB phone if you can't really use bridge? Bridge was the only reason for me sticking with a BB phone.
    06-06-13 06:33 PM
    You can share data files- photos, etc. The Z10 works pretty well to provide an Internet connection for your PlayBook through the bridge.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 06:48 PM
    If you can't share email, etc. what kind of data can you share? Is this going to be fixed so we can use bridge like we did with the older bb phones? Why should playbook users get a new BB phone if you can't really use bridge? Bridge was the only reason for me sticking with a BB phone.
    Excellent questions. And no one knows the answer about whether Bridge will be restored to its former power.

There's some OPEN ON options so that you can be looking at a picture and OPEN ON the PB.

Whether getting a newer bb that does not do the full Bridge is something each potential purchaser will have to evaluate. I'm not jumping in at this time. I like the Bridge.
    06-06-13 07:52 PM
    the whole point of the BLACKBERRY Bridge is for Blackberry phones to have exclusivity with email and PIM from your phone to the playbook. It will not work
    But isnt the point of BLACKBERRY messenger to be for BLACKBERRYS.

I would be suprised if the do bridge for other OS's like there gonna do with BBM

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    06-06-13 08:15 PM
    Dun think they "bbry" will do bridge for another platforms like BBM since not all people outside using this tablet..

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD