I know the PlayBook can run Android apps....but yet I have not seen ANYONE talk about NetFlix on the PlayBook via side-load.......is this possible? I don't care if its a little slow on the GUI, as long as it can play movies, i'm fine....The reason I am asking instead of TRYING, is because as of right now, I don't own a PlayBook.....HOPEFULLY SOON I WILL!!
    07-11-13 09:09 PM
    It doesn't work.
    07-11-13 09:21 PM
    so there is no hope for NetFlix on PB?
    07-11-13 09:26 PM
    Its not going to work. Use search for more details. Something about Netflix built Using native code or something.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 09:29 PM
    Not on current OS.
    07-11-13 09:29 PM
    There is no hope for PB.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-11-13 09:30 PM
    I LOL'd at costas1966 signature...even shared it on FB
    axllebeer, nquyen and grant.palin like this.
    07-11-13 09:33 PM
    I LOL'd at costas1966 signature...even shared it on FB
    Lol! Thanks...been rocking that one for a while now.
    VjAllen likes this.
    07-11-13 09:36 PM
    Is there going to be any more software updates for the BB PB? or is it totally dead now? (Sorry, I have not been a loyal BB Fan LOL)
    07-11-13 09:37 PM
    Is there going to be any more software updates for the BB PB? or is it totally dead now? (Sorry, I have not been a loyal BB Fan LOL)
    Essentiially, we don't know. I see patches and Flash updates for a while yet, but that is likely to be about it.
    07-11-13 09:45 PM
    Don't count on any.

If you do some reading you will get all caught up on all things Rimberry very quickly.

Welcome and enjoy your PB for what it does. Don't expect it will ever do more. That ship has left the dock
    FF22 and JeepBB like this.
    07-11-13 09:55 PM
    I think i saw a few days ago or something like that there was new games released on PlayBook? So I guess thats good......UGH, I wish I had a PlayBook already...being broke sucks....even placed an ad on the local craigslist offering a NetBook for a PlayBook......
    07-11-13 10:01 PM
    I think i saw a few days ago or something like that there was new games released on PlayBook? So I guess thats good......UGH, I wish I had a PlayBook already...being broke sucks....even placed an ad on the local craigslist offering a NetBook for a PlayBook......
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=a9_sc_1?...bUvbUpU8807916

Man there are so many available on Amazon. Loook at the used prices on this link, they are really cheap now!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 via the CB Forums App
    07-11-13 10:06 PM
    Amazon.com: blackberry playbook

Man there are so many available on Amazon. Loook at the used prices on this link, they are really cheap now!

I'm broke...and Walmart is even CHEAPER!

32GB for $159

BlackBerry PRD-38548-002 PlayBook 7" Touchscreen Tablet - Walmart.com
    07-11-13 10:08 PM
    For new yes, but used they start @ $109.00
    Attached Thumbnails Will netflix work on the PlayBook?-img_00000176.jpg  
    07-11-13 10:18 PM
    It won't work on the PB
    Not until they update the runtime
    No, it's not because it's not 4.2.2. I can get it running on the BB10 2.3.3.
    It's just missing some permission support on the PB
    07-11-13 10:22 PM
    I use Amazon Prime and watch bunches of stuff. Right now, for now, that's about the the best you/we can expect.....

C
    07-12-13 12:11 AM
    Save your money, and buy a real tablet.
    07-12-13 12:41 AM
    What's wrong with PlayBook? Sure, no NetFlix......but I have an i5 laptop for that......I've had iPad and Android already....why not give PlayBook a try? For the price that is lower than a Kindle Fire and can use Kindle E-reader, I think the PlayBook is a no-brainer....1080p front facing AND rear facing camera as well? How many other tablets can do that that cost under $200...
    07-12-13 12:47 AM
    Actually you have to sideload that. They are paperweights now with no support. Even bridge is broken for BB10. You can get a kindle fire, nexus 7, or even an older ipad for under $200. At least they get support still. You have all apps available. Probably even get BBM before the Playbook.
    07-12-13 01:58 AM
    As long as you know what you are buying and what its limitations are - go for it. But do NOT expect it to be improved or many new apps to come.
    07-12-13 09:04 AM
    You're an i.d.i.o.t.
    Adam Fox2 likes this.
    07-12-13 11:12 AM
    Actually you have to sideload that. They are paperweights now with no support. Even bridge is broken for BB10. You can get a kindle fire, nexus 7, or even an older ipad for under $200. At least they get support still. You have all apps available. Probably even get BBM before the Playbook.
    So, if you hate the PlayBook so much, what are you even doing on this forum? Do you go on Apple sites and "troll" their forum too saying Apple sucks and Windows Phone is best thing out there? I'd hope not, because if you really think Windows Phone is the best phone out there, you need to be introduced to my old Razr...it kicks Windows Phone's **** in every way...
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-13-13 01:21 AM
    Oh BBM will be sideloaded. As sad as it is to have to take a BlackBerry app that has been rebuilt for Android, then repackage it as a .bar file to run on a BlackBerry device through an Android emulator. A sad day.

07-13-13 01:28 AM
    No, only tablets manufactured by companies that keep promises they make to consumers and actually attempt to compete get high demand app development like Skype, Kindle, Netflix, etc.

Blackberry just handed out IOU's and "coming soon" remarks until they woke up and found nobody was standing around waiting for them to show up to the game.... They went and bought ipads, kindle fires and other tablets that did what they paid money for them to do.

At least they get support still. You have all apps available. Probably even get BBM before the Playbook.
    You laugh but that is a fact, and an irrefutable fact that blackberry is no longer competent as a company... they are putting more effort forward to develop for their competitors than they are their own freak'n products!!!!
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-13-13 05:31 AM
34 12