I need to know will my PlayBook still be able to connect to the web through my Z10 using wifi hotspot?

Read some posts about certain carriers in this country not allowing tethering or WiFi hotspot use. If you can help me then please reply.
    04-25-13 11:42 AM
    You will probably be roaming and I would guess that it will not be cheap - or getting you used to the language - it ain't going to be cheap.

Who will you be roaming with in the US (of A).
    04-25-13 01:50 PM
    What carrier/network will you be using over here?

I make pasty sometimes, not sure if it's like yours.
    04-25-13 01:52 PM
    Ok pberries the bad news is I am being forced to come to the US of A wherever that is. What I need to know is will my pb still be able to connect to the web through my crappy Z10 using wifi hotspot? Read some posts about certain carriers in this country not allowing tethering or WiFi hotspot use. If you can help me then please reply. If you can't help me then please reply. If your lonely then please reply. Have I missed anything?

ps do you have pasties in the US of A? I can't even find that country on the map.
    Why connect the phone to WiFi and Bridge to the PB? Can't you go directly from both devices to WiFi?

I might be confused by your post though :S

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-25-13 01:55 PM
    All of the carriers here in the US will allow hotspot and tethering. You just have to pay up. Do a little research on carriers here or see what your carrier will do for you short term. You should be able to connect your crappy phone to your crappy tablet just fine.
    I assume your looking for a short term plan?

P.S. Ask the cab driver at the airport where you can see the pasties. He will take you to the right place.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-25-13 02:20 PM
    Less of the 'American' this and that please...
    04-25-13 02:29 PM
    Less of the 'American' this and that please...
    Ah at last I understand, thank you! The US of A is America? Well you live and learn.
    dmlis likes this.
    04-25-13 03:25 PM
    What carrier/network will you be using over here?

I make pasty sometimes, not sure if it's like yours.
    Don't think that applies when your roaming?

You should be able to connect your crappy phone to your crappy tablet just fine.
    I assume your looking for a short term plan?
    Six to nine months?
    04-25-13 03:29 PM
    I thought maybe you would get a SIM from here.
    04-25-13 03:33 PM
    I thought maybe you would get a SIM from here.
    Will that work? I don't know? Perhaps that maybe why I asked the question? Maybe I needed advice?
    04-25-13 03:37 PM
    I need to know will my PlayBook still be able to connect to the web through my Z10 using wifi hotspot?

Read some posts about certain carriers in this country not allowing tethering or WiFi hotspot use. If you can help me then please reply.
    but will it work in the sahara desert ?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-25-13 05:18 PM
    Will that work? I don't know? Perhaps that maybe why I asked the question? Maybe I needed advice?
    Hey, you can stay with me on my bush. About 20 bushes are networked together with WIFI. No problemo....Oh, you have arms and legs. Maybe not such a good idea....
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-25-13 05:39 PM
    Yes, the bridge will work to connect your PlayBook to the Internet. Carriers in the US will want to charge you for the service but there is a way to get around that. It has been explained in the forums many times but -- uninstall bridge, if already on board, turn off your phone, remove SIM card, turn the phone back on, install bridge, turn the phone off, install SIM card. Voila! No carrier tags embedded in the bridge. When outside wifi area, the PlayBook will work better if you turn off it's wifi. This will force PlayBook use the bridge blutooth, and not attempt to use it's own wifi. That is what works for me. I take my PlayBook everywhere. Out on the road, the bridge/Z10/PlayBook works great.
    sad_old_man and dmlis like this.
    04-25-13 07:21 PM
    Oh, right AT&T in the US, charges to use the Bridge for Browsing. Someone will know if rroyy.com has a Bridge version for the z10 to avoid this AT&T restriction, if you were to use them.
    04-25-13 08:53 PM
    Yes, the bridge will work to connect your PlayBook to the Internet. Carriers in the US will want to charge you for the service but there is a way to get around that. It has been explained in the forums many times but -- uninstall bridge, if already on board, turn off your phone, remove SIM card, turn the phone back on, install bridge, turn the phone off, install SIM card. Voila! No carrier tags embedded in the bridge. When outside wifi area, the PlayBook will work better if you turn off it's wifi. This will force PlayBook use the bridge blutooth, and not attempt to use it's own wifi. That is what works for me. I take my PlayBook everywhere. Out on the road, the bridge/Z10/PlayBook works great.
    You cool dude you! Like the avatar as well, do you like brandy?
    04-26-13 06:55 AM