I'm an old time BB user going back to the 7750 up to my current 9930. I also have two (2) PBs: a 16gb which dates back to the summer 2011 days and a more recent 64gb. I have no problem with bridging right now; however, I have a concern that needs to be asked re: bridging my non-OS10 BBs with an upgraded PB10? I can see a BB10 smartphone having no problem with it, but what about legacy BBs? Will there be compatibility issues because of the difference in OSs? I will get a Q10 when it comes out but that will involve a wait of several months. If a PB update comes much earlier than the Q10 release, where does that leave me? A non-tech person would like to know.
    02-01-13 10:53 AM
    Q: Will legacy BBs be able to bridge with BB10 upgraded PBs?

A: Yes.

No functionality will be lost and we may see a few bugs but I don't think anything that will break the system. Keep in mind that BB10 is at the core the same PB OS we have. SO why would it have problems to begin with?
    gold-dot and Uncle Remus like this.
    02-01-13 11:00 AM
    The current bridge from Z10 to Playbook 2.1 does lose functionality. See the other thread on this. I posted pictures of the updated description which was changed after I asked @blackberryhelp what was happening.
    02-01-13 11:04 AM
    Yes the bridge will work, and when BB10 for the Playbook comes out, there will be changes, as the email on legacy BB's use inboxes and the email on BB10 is done through the hub.
    02-01-13 11:13 AM
    The current bridge from Z10 to Playbook 2.1 does lose functionality. See the other thread on this. I posted pictures of the updated description which was changed after I asked @blackberryhelp what was happening.
    Based on this and other forum threads at this time, I think I will wait for a new BB10 smartphone before I upgrade my PB to BB10 OS to ensure functionality. Suggest others who have the same concerns consider this too.
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    02-05-13 12:29 PM
    Q: Will legacy BBs be able to bridge with BB10 upgraded PBs?

A: Yes.

No functionality will be lost and we may see a few bugs but I don't think anything that will break the system. Keep in mind that BB10 is at the core the same PB OS we have. SO why would it have problems to begin with?
    So based on this very positive statement, I assume (and I agree that assumptions are dangerous) you have inside information. In that case please please tell me why "Keep in mind that BB10 is at the core the same PB OS we have." the BB10 Z10 I have loses most of its functionality with the pb.

If these two items are not fully functional when connected, please reassure me of what:

1. The functionality of a BB10 phone and a BB10 pb.
    2. The functionality of a BB10 pb and a 7.1 or earlier phone

If you can answer this you will make 92.75% of crackberry members deliriously happy.
    Uncle Remus and gold-dot like this.
    02-05-13 02:46 PM
    ^^^ Yes, please ^^^

Hoot
    02-05-13 03:49 PM
    So based on this very positive statement, I assume (and I agree that assumptions are dangerous) you have inside information. In that case please please tell me why "Keep in mind that BB10 is at the core the same PB OS we have." the BB10 Z10 I have loses most of its functionality with the pb.

If these two items are not fully functional when connected, please reassure me of what:

1. The functionality of a BB10 phone and a BB10 pb.
    2. The functionality of a BB10 pb and a 7.1 or earlier phone

If you can answer this you will make 92.75% of crackberry members deliriously happy.
    You're obviously in a much better position to do that. Shoot a video and show us all you can't do. As the internet evolves, I'd guess "vid of it didn't happen" apply.

You do have a Z10, OS7 device and PlayBook. Go on and show us the issues and lost functionality.
    02-05-13 03:57 PM
    Based on this and other forum threads at this time, I think I will wait for a new BB10 smartphone before I upgrade my PB to BB10 OS to ensure functionality. Suggest others who have the same concerns consider this too.
    We are still assuming that full functionality will be there when both devices are running BB10.
    Logically it would be but...
    02-05-13 04:00 PM
    You're obviously in a much better position to do that. Shoot a video and show us all you can't do. As the internet evolves, I'd guess "vid of it didn't happen" apply.

You do have a Z10, OS7 device and PlayBook. Go on and show us the issues and lost functionality.
    I only drink brandy. I can't compete with whatever your on!

Have a nice day!
    02-05-13 04:01 PM

By the way as I haven't had the advantage of your superior upbringing leading to your superior intelligence, what is a 'genius of geniuses?
    02-05-13 04:05 PM
    We are still assuming that full functionality will be there when both devices are running BB10.
    Logically it would be but...
    I'm with you 100%, bro...
    I said as much when I started this thread. Now I'm not so sure. My decision to wait may/may not prove right.
    02-05-13 10:10 PM

IMHO, I have two issues with this statement.

1. Why would I need to spend time making a video of my pb, torch and Z10 doing something that it can't do, when many of us mere non genius of geniuses members on this forum already know?
    2. As a member of this forum and a bb developer, apart from the fact that I like brandy is there any other reason you distrust what I have explained occurred when I got my Z10?

Excuse me if I don't ask you if you like pate!
    02-06-13 11:21 AM