I want to get into the swing of using Link in preparation for owning a Z10. Will it mess up my configuration of my contacts, media, email, etc.. on my playbook if I hook it up to LINK for the sole purpose of familiarizing myself with the 'LINK' program before I get my Z10?
    Thanks in advance for any and all feedback,
    DT
    06-03-13 01:06 AM
    I want to get into the swing of using Link in preparation for owning a Z10. Will it mess up my configuration of my contacts, media, email, etc.. on my playbook if I hook it up to LINK for the sole purpose of familiarizing myself with the 'LINK' program before I get my Z10?
    Thanks in advance for any and all feedback,
    DT
    As long as you're running OS2.1 on your PlayBook, It will work with the latest version of BlackBerry Link.

I personally would recommend trying it out, and getting familiar with the program. However, I didn't find any issue in using the program for the first time the same night I bought my Z10. The program is actually very easy to use.

Be Wary with PlayBook and BlackBerry Link on MAC - Blackberry Link problems with Playbook 2.1 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Windows users do not seem to be having an issue so far.

Good Luck!
    FF22 likes this.
    06-03-13 02:46 AM
    Agreed, might as well be using it now and get used to it's options.
    As far as windows users not having any problems, it gives me two errors. They don't effect the program's operation, just terribly annoying.BlackBerryLink.Helper has stopped working comes up repeatedly and another mentioning something about icon.dll has apparently resolved itself. Perhaps that was an issue with VisualStudio or similar. BTW this is on 64bit Vista sp2.
    Oddly, PB will only work with link via USB cable, whereas the Z10 doesn't care whether it's USB or wifi. At the same time the PB is wifi'd to the desktop and reading it's directories just fine. Just seems kinda weird..
    06-03-13 07:58 AM