I don't want ALL my emails to sync longer than 30 days, but there are certain ones that I need to keep on my PB. Is there anything I can do, like flagging the email, that would keep it synced?

Sorry if this has been posted before, I couldn't find anything similar.
    06-09-12 08:07 AM
    I have the same question. How do I keep specific emails for ever on my playbook?
    11-11-12 07:43 AM
    Well, since no one answered this in the 5 months since the original post, I'll try.

If you mean in the native mail app, you can not. However, the messages do not delete from your mail box, unless you delete them. You can always use the browser to access them. Or simply copy the message to a note in Evernote, or another document.

Or, go read this thread....

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ssages-751332/

edit: I did very limited additional testing. See the other posts below.
    Last edited by saudadeii; 11-11-12 at 09:41 AM.
    11-11-12 09:11 AM
    You mean if I move them to a folder they will be gone on the pb after 30 days?
    11-11-12 09:19 AM
    I don't know. Did you try it?

edit: well, I just tried it and this does seem to work. I tried it with my Hotmail account. Hotmail was setup using the standard setup.

They are marked differently. I can't tell what folder they are in, but they are there. I can't say the same if you use another mail system or have it configured using Advanced setting (POP,IMAP, etc.). I don't really use my Hotmail account for much so I don't have a lot of messages. I simply switched from my default of 7 days to 3 days and back.

Simply try it yourself.

YMMV
    Last edited by saudadeii; 11-11-12 at 09:45 AM.
    11-11-12 09:26 AM
    No, I figure I can always go to the web interface and get them if needed. I rarely need an email that old.
    jsdhornby likes this.
    11-11-12 09:40 AM
    To keep emails I need on my PB, in Messages, I choose the email, click the folders icon and then choose Drafts. It's not the proper way to save emails,but it works for me.
    11-11-12 09:46 AM
    I logged into Hotmail and created a few extra folders. I moved a few messages into them.
    jsdhornby likes this.
    11-11-12 09:59 AM
    To keep emails I need on my PB, in Messages, I choose the email, click the folders icon and then choose Drafts. It's not the proper way to save emails,but it works for me.
    Thanks for your answers guys! I like the idea of changing the email to Draft to be able to keep emails. I guess its the only to keep a copy of an email on the PB

Rim should add a feature to keep a copy of tagged emails on the PB, even if deleted on the server.

It would be nice also to be able to create folders in the native email app to be able to keep and organize specific emails
    11-11-12 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD