iOs has Siri. Now Android is launching the Dragon Mobile Assistant. what about BB10 ?
    10-24-12 11:19 AM
    There was voice commands in the BB10 dev alpha.. So we can expect something siri like in BB10
    http://crackberry.com/rim-quietly-ad...v-alpha-update
    10-24-12 11:24 AM
    thanks for the info Greyghostros.

I watched the video. Not impressed as much as I was with the Dragon Mobile Assistant one.

I don't like the " speak after the beep" thing. It sounds so outdated. They need to work it out and make it sound like "A.I" interaction. something like Jarvis.
    10-24-12 11:37 AM

I watched the video. Not impressed as much as I was with the Dragon Mobile Assistant one.

I don't like the " speak after the beep" thing. It sounds so outdated. They need to work it out and make it sound like "A.I" interaction. something like Jarvis.
    Thar feature is long available on Vlingo (Hey Vlingo) and also S-Voice (Hi Galaxy). And even on Google Now (Google).
    While this is a neat feature, it's also a battery hog.
    Would love to be able to say "Hey Bold" to activate this command later on BB10.
    10-24-12 06:04 PM
    Thar feature is long available on Vlingo (Hey Vlingo) and also S-Voice (Hi Galaxy). And even on Google Now (Google).
    While this is a neat feature, it's also a battery hog.
    Would love to be able to say "Hey Bold" to activate this command later on BB10.
    I've been using vlingo on my 9860 for almost a year now and I don't find it to be to much of a battery hog, compared to drive safely (now there's a battery hog). I find vlingo works pretty well for what I need from it, which is usually a quick response. I find with good predictive text you don't really need voice commands. Maybe it's just me. I'm sure RIM will license something for BB10.
    10-24-12 08:37 PM
    This is one feature of iOS I hope comes (in some form or another) to BB10. As a Mac user I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented into the OSX yet. The idea of talking to a robot like assistant who gives answers is futuristic and cool.
    10-24-12 08:46 PM
    Hopefully not. If it's included at launch then there needs to be a way to disable it or uninstall/delete it altogether.
    10-24-12 09:00 PM
    Personally all I think when I watch the ads with Samuel Jackson and the old guy talking to Siri on their iPhones is - how pathetic, don't you have anyone real to talk to?

I can do without a Siri in my life.
    10-24-12 11:27 PM

But that was from the Dev Alpha.. We never know they might put a fancy GUI, increase its features etc in the future..
    10-24-12 11:37 PM