Hi there,

I have the opportunity to buy an older BB phone with OS 7, and I would like to couple it with a playbook for a user who would really benefit from writing messages on a larger screen.

However, that solution would lose its interest if BB10 comes to the playbook and bridge connectivity is broken.

I know that the newer BB phones have lost the full bridge function. But does anyone know if an OS 7 phone can bridge with BB10 ?
    Last edited by Bakamushi; 05-25-13 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Spelling
    05-25-13 01:08 PM
    I am not sure if you mistyped at the end with BB instead of PB.

Currently, OS7 back to, I think, OS5 (not sure) can bridge with the PB and use the email, calendar, memo, etc as well as use the internet data (AT&T needs a work around for data).

No one knows what will happen to that ability if the PLAYBOOK is upgraded to bb10. Will a bb10-pb still have full Bridge or not??? If bb10 ever comes to the pb will be when folks find out - hopefully, this would be revealed prior to upgrading as some folks may not want to lose the FULL BRIDGE. And so far, again except for AT&T, OS7 upgrades to PHONES has not killed the FULL BRIDGE.
    05-25-13 02:01 PM
    Corrected. Thanks.
    05-25-13 02:29 PM

Currently, OS7 back to, I think, OS5 (not sure) can bridge with the PB and use the email, calendar, memo, etc as well as use the internet data (AT&T needs a work around for data).

No one knows what will happen to that ability if the PLAYBOOK is upgraded to bb10. Will a bb10-pb still have full Bridge or not??? If bb10 ever comes to the pb will be when folks find out - hopefully, this would be revealed prior to upgrading as some folks may not want to lose the FULL BRIDGE. And so far, again except for AT&T, OS7 upgrades to PHONES has not killed the FULL BRIDGE.
    you are correct F2 Bridge is supported on bbos5-7.1 and obvioulsy bb10 although crippled as we all know just fyi for future refrence
    05-26-13 08:58 AM
    you are correct F2 Bridge is supported on bbos5-7.1 and obvioulsy bb10 although crippled as we all know just fyi for future refrence
    Hopefully, sometime in the next year or two, you'll have to come back and fix that when rim restores Bridge to its former glory!!!!
    tonyron227 likes this.
    05-26-13 10:12 AM
    Hopefully, sometime in the next year or two, you'll have to come back and fix that when rim restores Bridge to its former glory!!!!
    year or two......you sir are generous. all kidding aside they have max 7 months lol
    FF22 likes this.
    05-26-13 10:59 AM
    Why not introduce more quirkiness. If you still need a bridge, check out this one:

Cycle to adventure on five big bridges | Outdoors | The Seattle Times

That's a friend and me, backs to camera, looking over the I-90 bridge which does accommodate bicyclists and pedestrians. But the author had to dig deep, the photo was taken 8 years ago when he was writing a biking book!!!
    05-26-13 02:53 PM