Curious as to what people think about the news today that blackberry are facing a law suit over misleading share holders about how bb10 would pan out. I'm on the fence on that one. You pays your money you takes your chance.
    Wondering though, will something come out of this regarding the bb10 coming to playbook promise? They may need to prove how much effort was made to actually do it.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 06:45 AM
    Curious as to what people think about the news today that blackberry are facing a law suit over misleading share holders about how bb10 would pan out. I'm on the fence on that one. You pays your money you takes your chance.
    Wondering though, will something come out of this regarding the bb10 coming to playbook promise? They may need to prove how much effort was made to actually do it.

Posted via CB10
    Oh I dare say that if the law suit goes to trial all manner of things will come out. That's if it goes to trial.
    10-05-13 07:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    I doubt the lawsuit will specifically dealt with the failed playbook upgrade. Rather the fail launched of BB10 devices. It's the intention behind the launch. The misinformation before and after. The stepping down of PM. All in the span of one year. BB just hope that the suit will not go further to have the company assets frozen by the judge. That would render the company unattainable regardless of which company is interested. It can't afford to settle and no company interested would want the additional price tag that comes with the lawsuit.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-05-13 07:30 AM
    I doubt the lawsuit will specifically dealt with the failed playbook upgrade. Rather the fail launched of BB10 devices. It's the intention behind the launch. The misinformation before and after. The stepping down of PM. All in the span of one year. BB just hope that the suit will not go further to have the company assets frozen by the judge. That would render the company unattainable regardless of which company is interested. It can't afford to settle and no company interested would want the additional price tag that comes with the lawsuit.
    But hold on! Isn't it one of the major shareholders that is buying RIM? Let me think about this a moment mmmmmmmmmmmmmm............... Major shareholder makes bid for RIM...........shareholders then sue RIM............court freezes RIM's assets.............RIM can't afford to settle...................major shareholder gets RIM for $10................!!!!!!!! Yep that just about does it!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-05-13 07:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    Misleading is their top business practice.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-05-13 09:25 AM
    Misleading is their top business practice.
    In that case they should be far more successful than Apple!!!!!!!!!
    FF22 likes this.
    10-05-13 09:53 AM
    BlackBerry can easily escape that accusation by just admitting that they are incompetent...

And there is a big difference between "liars" and "incompetent" people...

Posted via Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    10-05-13 11:29 AM
    BlackBerry can easily escape that accusation by just admitting that they are incompetent...

Posted via Z10
    Summary Judgment!
    10-05-13 01:52 PM
    But hold on! Isn't it one of the major shareholders that is buying RIM? Let me think about this a moment mmmmmmmmmmmmmm............... Major shareholder makes bid for RIM...........shareholders then sue RIM............court freezes RIM's assets.............RIM can't afford to settle...................major shareholder gets RIM for $10................!!!!!!!! Yep that just about does it!
    Yeah, I think you hit that one right on the head.
    Stay tuned for further developments.
    10-05-13 05:09 PM
    J
    It's cheaper for PM to purchase BB at the offer price, break the company apart and sell it than trying to win a class action suit. Unless BB decide to sell to someone else beside Fairfax, I can't see PM would stand behind this lawsuit.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-05-13 05:19 PM

Posted via Z10

Not in Washington there isn't! The place is full of incompetent liars!
    There are most likely some competent liars there also! They just hide well I guess.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-06-13 01:48 AM

There are most likely some competent liars there also! They just hide well I guess.
    You iz one cool dude Mr ox

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes and dazzleaj like this.
    10-06-13 06:26 AM
    Well when it comes to stocks, you pay your money you take your chances. It will all be in the wording. If they had 10 devices to sell and 20 people line up for them , is it wrong to say we had a line up to sell our devices? They didn't tell it all , but what they said was true.
    You get my point......
    10-06-13 06:37 AM

In Washington, you do not need to be competent. That's why you see all the crazies clambering into the political scenes. No education, no empathy no civility require.
    sad_old_man and dazzleaj like this.
    10-06-13 07:36 AM
    In Washington, you do not need to be competent. That's why you see all the crazies clambering into the political scenes. No education, no empathy no civility require.
    Spoken like a true cenator!
    10-06-13 09:04 AM
    Spoken like a true cenator!
    Have I got your vote minion?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 10:03 AM
    True fairness would be if BlackBerry's legal costs were taken out of Heinz Beans' salary and remuneration, but unfortunately he will probably be walking away with his $50 million no matter what. What a jack-***.
    10-06-13 10:19 AM
    But you gotta have a mouth on you and an ax to grind to qualify. I wonder why Sarah Peion never made it she definitely seemed to qualify... Wait! Does that mean that she Was telling the truth!?!? That might indicate that Hillarious might make it into the Whitehouse . Wow, .... Can't even think of anything else to say.... Think I'll just go dig some holes in the backyard or something. Maybe wander aimlessly in the streets for a while talking to myself.....
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    10-06-13 10:24 AM
    Have I got your vote minion?

Posted via CB10
    Indubitably my fellow renegade! Get me back home

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 10:26 AM
    Let's keep all the on-topic discussion in the same places.

Forums discussion here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...it-n-y-857311/

Front page blog article here:
    BlackBerry gets hit with class action lawsuit | CrackBerry.com
    10-07-13 07:12 PM