I usually now just keep my Playbook in the media room to quickly look up something on Wikipedia or IMDB when I'm watching the news or a movie while my Priv is on the charger. Now when I go to Wikipedia, it tells me that it won't work because my browser is too outdated, regardless of whether I use the native browser or Origami. It is getting harder to use BlackBerry stuff as time goes on, and now people are calling me a Luddite for sticking with it for so long :-p
    01-06-20 10:07 AM
    I messed with my PlayBook a while back to make sure I had backed everything up. Played around with it a little.... I can't imagine bothering to keep it charged and booted, to try and use it's browser. Pages load so slowly compared to today's hardware with updated browsers...

It had been used for the grandkids to watch films on for years... but even that isn't something they care about anymore. They have their own device, and most all content via streaming or family share plans.
    01-06-20 10:20 AM
    Can you still get Fast Browser from Blackberry World? That one still works for me.
    01-06-20 11:54 AM
    I can't seem to get Fast Browser. Has anyone else figured out any workarounds? Tried a few of the known working Android browsers on PB and no dice.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-20 08:37 AM
    I can't seem to get Fast Browser. Has anyone else figured out any workarounds? Tried a few of the known working Android browsers on PB and no dice.

Posted via CB10
    I have Fast Browser on my PlayBook and the Wikipedia and IMDB site will not load. Also can confirm that this browser is no longer in BBW.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    01-13-20 09:07 AM
    Happens for other sites too like duckduckgo. Here is what I am going to try just to see if I can keep getting browser use from my Playbook.

1. Browse via RDP/VNC session or
    2. Install proxy server at home and have Playbook use that.

If these work might setup a more permanent solution via Raspberry Pi.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-20 03:03 PM
    Have you tried RDP/VNC from Playbook or Playbook browsing via a proxy server like squid?

Posted via CB10
    01-16-20 03:06 PM
    There are some sites that just won't connect for me.
    I think DuckDuckGo is one. I don't mean doesn't render, I mean I get an error message that the site is unreachable.
    Every other device seems to reach these websites fine, so it's not like it's down. And the PlayBook can hit many other sites. Behaviour is not browser dependent. Tried even some Android ones, same thing.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-20 03:47 PM
    Any YouTube app for the PlayBook?
    01-16-20 04:42 PM
    Any YouTube app for the PlayBook?
    You probably can't get it any more but Stereotube surprisingly still works

Posted via CB10
    01-17-20 09:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Is that available in BlackBerry World?
    01-17-20 09:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Stereo Tube, both for BB10 and the Playbook, is an awesome app. Here's hoping the dev releases it soon...
    01-17-20 09:30 PM
    Stereo Tube, both for BB10 and the Playbook, is an awesome app. Here's hoping the dev releases it soon...
    Yeah, I wish I got it for the BB10 devices as well, but it slipped my mind. Not as crucial since YouTube works well enough on the default browser. At least last I checked...

Posted via CB10
    01-20-20 06:48 PM
    Yep! On desktop mode, you can play video with the screen off. Also, Newpipe Legacy (apk) works nicely on BB10. Look for XCrazyS's thread; good stuff in there.
    01-22-20 11:35 AM