Does anyone know or have you been able to hook your playbook to the WII and play movies? I am going to buy an HDMI cable and want to hook it up this way because TV and satellite box are older. Thanks for the info
    05-21-11 06:26 PM
    i dont think the wii has a hdmi input, or any video input for the matter.
    05-21-11 06:35 PM
    my Wii doesn't have HDMI input, just spent 5 minutes looking after seeing this thread! do you have some beta or souped up Wii?
    05-21-11 06:38 PM
    I just use Netflix on the Wii
    05-21-11 07:02 PM
    Does anyone know or have you been able to hook your playbook to the WII and play movies? I am going to buy an HDMI cable and want to hook it up this way because TV and satellite box are older. Thanks for the info
    Like others have said. The Wii do not have an HDMI input (and I can confirm this). In fact, I'm not even sure if the Playbook can be connected to an SD TV.
    05-21-11 08:31 PM
    Considering the Playbook only has a digital connection, no it won't work on anything that doesn't have DVI/HDMI.

Component or otherwise.
    05-21-11 09:14 PM
    Google "wii homebrew channel". You can install all sorts of media players on the Wii. I use an mplayer port and a vlc port on mine. Both support mounting samba network shares (which the playbook provides).
    So in theory, I could have videos on my playbook, mounted on my wii, and played via one of my media player apps.
    When DLNA support comes to the playbook, this sort of thing should become easier.
    05-24-11 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD