My 64 K Playbook stopped working with Wi FI today. I tried to sync using WPS but no action; I tried using the usual ways but there is no communication between the router and the Playbook. I have also a 16 K playbook and it has not problem syncing with the router so I know the problem is not with the D-Link router. I also have no problems with my other two computers going on line with the router.

Are there any other possibilities of getting the Wi Fi back to normal, short of sending it in to Blackberry?

johnreid
    05-27-14 09:28 PM
    My 64 K Playbook stopped working with Wi FI today. I tried to sync using WPS but no action; I tried using the usual ways but there is no communication between the router and the Playbook. I have also a 16 K playbook and it has not problem syncing with the router so I know the problem is not with the D-Link router. I also have no problems with my other two computers going on line with the router.

Are there any other possibilities of getting the Wi Fi back to normal, short of sending it in to Blackberry?

johnreid
    "I have also a 16 K playbook and it has not problem syncing with the router so I know the problem is not with the D-Link router. I also have no problems with my other two computers going on line with the router."
    Last edited by DYLANHABKIRK; 05-27-14 at 11:07 PM.
    05-27-14 09:32 PM
    did you delete the ssid on your playbook and reboot then set up the ssid again? If not, that should fix your issue

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    05-27-14 09:39 PM
    Two of mine just stop connecting at the same time today.
    05-27-14 10:53 PM
    I'm finally able to connect to wifi by using this method.
    Re: Can't connect PlayBook to *my* WPA2 wifi (D-Link Wireless N Router) - very frustrated
    Options
    ‎09-09-2011 12:50 PM

I was having the same issue until yesterday.
    After spending a couple of nights dealing with BB Support techs, I came up with this steps and worked for me, even though that Playbook should connect automatically as other devices do. Moreover, of course I am not going to ask everyday the IT guys for a modem reset

Here it goes :

1- If you own a lap top/pc connected to your work Wifi network, open the network adapter window on the PC. Go to wifi adapter and left-click on properties in order to display detailed connection status.
    2- From there you may obtain a valid subnet mask, Default Gateway, Primary DNS and Secondary DNS.
    3- Since the IP Address was already obtained by your Playbook while trying to connect, it will be asking for the same IP each time, so write down the Playbook IP too. You can access it from the wifi? Icon on the wifi configuration script on the playbook.

(The issue here was that for some reason, my Playbook on "auto IP mode" was choosing a different default gateway number than the correct one. I still can't figure why, but I'm not going to invest more time on it, until a new software update becomes available and go from there.)

4- In your playbook tap the wifi icon and go to saved networks, tap on edit (pencil) and delete your office previous connection.
    5- Create manually a new wifi connection and unselect "auto IP mode". You will have the opportunity to copy all the information mentioned above. IP, Subnet Mask, Primary DNS. Secondary DNS and Default Gateway.
    6- Tap save and connect.

Hopefully you Playbook will be online and ready to navigate.

The following is the whole discussion about the issue
    Can't connect PlayBook to *my* WPA2 wifi (D-Link W... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Last edited by bambinoitaliano; 05-28-14 at 08:27 AM.
    05-28-14 08:04 AM
    Short lived. Now even though there's indication of wifi connected. The browsers are not connecting.
    05-28-14 12:46 PM
    There was known issues a few years ago with wireless n and playbooks. Hook up to wireless g instead!
    05-30-14 01:22 AM
    Short lived. Now even though there's indication of wifi connected. The browsers are not connecting.
    It is possible to connect to the LAN but not to the WAN of the internet. Agree to try g speed. Also by going to your computer and using control panel (Windows) you may be able the problem. Sometimes even si.pler measures like rebooting modem work.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    05-30-14 01:33 AM
    It is possible to connect to the LAN but not to the WAN of the internet. Agree to try g speed. Also by going to your computer and using control panel (Windows) you may be able the problem. Sometimes even si.pler measures like rebooting modem work.
    And sometimes getting a brand new modem/router will help.
    kbz1960 and jpash549 like this.
    05-31-14 07:38 AM