Bought my PB on release day and I love it. I have a problem with the wifi sharing though. When I turned on wifi sharing under options on the PB, while I don't remember setting a password, I must have since I'm asked for one when trying to access. Now I can neither turn off sharing or change the password since I cannot remember the original password. My question is if anyone knows a way to locate the password or reset it, either thru desktop manager or some other means. Or will I need to wipe the unit to default, and how would I do that. Thanks.
    05-08-11 01:01 PM
    You will have to reset.

On the Settings screen, click the Security menu item on the left.
    Choose the option for Security Wipe.
    Type the word "blackberry" in the textbox and press the Enter button.

The device will eventually reboot into its original unused state.
    05-08-11 01:18 PM
    You will have to reset.

On the Settings screen, click the Security menu item on the left.
    Choose the option for Security Wipe.
    Type the word "blackberry" in the textbox and press the Enter button.

The device will eventually reboot into its original unused state.
    +1. I hate to admit it, but thats what i did.
    05-08-11 07:54 PM
    My problem when I rebooted my Vista pc yesterday was I did not remember my user ID. I did remember the password.
    05-08-11 08:20 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I did the wipe/reset. A reset on this device is so quick and easy on the Playbook compared to other devices I have had in the past. OS already updated, bridge and poynt paired, apps reinstalled, and new wifi sharing password (that I will NOT forget!). Just have to transfer music and pictures. Probably do that while I sleep tonight. Thanks again.
    05-08-11 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD