Cant connect my mac with PB/OS2 can any one help please, as the PB not showing on the Network on finder window, Also could not be found when i search for it in the find server with its IP , please advice
    02-28-12 05:46 AM
    Are you attempting to connect through USB or WiFi file sharing?

KB26068-How to transfer files to and from the BlackBerry PlayBook
    02-28-12 07:20 AM
    I was able to connect using samba and my PB ip address. In finder, do GO-->Connect to server. I am using wifi sharing without a password at home.
    smb://192.168.0.111
    02-28-12 07:47 AM
    Are you attempting to connect through USB or WiFi file sharing?

KB26068-How to transfer files to and from the BlackBerry PlayBook
    WIFI, and i successfully did with the IP but i wonder why its not showed in the finder window as every option is on at PB also when i,m connected it show its name on the finder window its IP not PB name
    02-28-12 07:48 AM
    also it give me two options only to connect certs or media i have no idea what certs stand for what????? as it is an empty but the media option open for me all folders
    02-28-12 07:51 AM
    Certs is a folder for downloaded certificates for certain web sites. Media is the folder that contains all the folders on the PlayBook. If you are required to enter a username you can locate this "Name" by going to settings - storage and settings - then select properties for Network Identification and the user name is the third one down. If you have a password for wifi file sharing, use that for you password when connecting, or if you do not have a password, leave the field blank.
    02-28-12 07:56 AM
    Certs is a folder for downloaded certificates for certain web sites. Media is the folder that contains all the folders on the PlayBook. If you are required to enter a username you can locate this "Name" by going to settings - storage and settings - then select properties for Network Identification and the user name is the third one down. If you have a password for wifi file sharing, use that for you password when connecting, or if you do not have a password, leave the field blank.
    the configuration is :

moom
    Workgroup
    Playbook

but it didn't show on the left bar on the network group on the finder window with any of the names it show only the ip at the finder window, i hope i did explain correct to you
    02-28-12 08:31 AM
    the configuration is :

moom
    Workgroup
    Playbook

but it didn't show on the left bar on the network group on the finder window with any of the names it show only the ip at the finder window, i hope i did explain correct to you
    It will only show up in finder if plugged in. The only way I have been able to connect via wifi was as instructed above using finder and command-K. Save the ip in finder so it is in a list to pick from. If you setup the Mac and the PlayBook with the same Workgroup ID, it will show up in finder, but it tries to connect with Mac networking, rather than windows networking, so it fails. I don't know how to fix this.

It will speed up the process if you change the username on the PlayBook from PlayBook to the same username that you use on the Mac. Also, if you have access to your router setup, assign the PlayBook a fixed ip address so when you connect to it, you can just pick the address from the saved ip addresses in finder.
    Last edited by robsteve; 02-28-12 at 09:39 AM.
    02-28-12 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD