I was trying to transfer files (ePub books and documents) to my PlayBook earlier via the WiFi sharing feature. I followed the directions closely, but when I got to the part that said to open "Finder" and select "Go" and then connect to server, I type in the IP address and it keeps telling me that it's "unavailable at this time". Is there something I'm missing?

It's not a huge deal, as I just connected the USB cable and transferred that way, but it would be nice to figure this out. I'm running OS X Lion by the way.
    Last edited by jonmark; 02-06-12 at 04:21 AM.
    02-06-12 04:14 AM
    I was trying to transfer files (ePub books and documents) to my PlayBook earlier via the WiFi sharing feature. I followed the directions closely, but when I got to the part that said to open "Finder" and select "Go" and then connect to server, I type in the IP address and it keeps telling me that it's "unavailable at this time". Is there something I'm missing?

It's not a huge deal, as I just connected the USB cable and transferred that way, but it would be nice to figure this out. I'm running OS X Lion by the way.
    If you do find out, please let me know. I have the exact same issue with Windows 7.

I have played with it a few times but so far no dice. I'm not too to worried becuase from what I hear they have completely changed & improved this in OS 2.0. So my plan is to wait a few weeks & try it with OS 2.0....if it STILL doesn't work after that...grr I will start pulling out my hair
    02-06-12 04:28 AM

Here are a few things for you to try-
    * First, make sure that the IPv4 address from your PB that you are plugging into the Mac-Go-Connect server is correct. PB IPv4 changes every now and then (due to the IP been released)
    * Turn off your bluetooth connection and try again if after making the above changes yields no result.

Between make sure you have wifi file sharing on, on the PB.

I use a Mac and have had similar issues, but the above are the work arounds.

Good luck
    02-06-12 09:10 AM
    heres what i do.
    you must enter your playbook and turn on wifi file sharing and find your 1pv4 address in the net work menu
    make sure you have a wifi connection.

in macbook
    make sure you have wifi connection
    open finder
    click on go at top in menu bar
    click on connect to server
    enter 1pv4 from playbook network menu
    should look like this

smb://10.0.1.2/media

where 10.0.1.2 is replace with your playbook ipv4 address
    click connect
    if you don't have a password setup connect as guest or enter your playbook password
    if you press the + next to the server address it will save the address in the favorite servers list so you can just click on it next time you connect.
    the ipv4 address does change from time to time though. good luck.
    Last edited by rugrat5288; 02-06-12 at 01:11 PM.
    jonmark and dee. like this.
    02-06-12 12:37 PM
    heres what i do.
    you must enter your playbook and turn on wifi file sharing and find your 1pv4 address in the net work menu
    make sure you have a wifi connection.

in macbook
    make sure you have wifi connection
    open finder
    click on go at top in menu bar
    click on connect to server
    enter 1pv4 from playbook network menu
    should look like this

smb://10.0.1.2/media

where 10.0.1.2 is replace with your playbook ipv4 address
    click connect
    if you don't have a password setup connect as guest or enter your playbook password
    if you press the + next to the server address it will save the address in the favorite servers list so you can just click on it next time you connect.
    the ipv4 address does change from time to time though. good luck.
    These instructions worked perfectly! Thanks so much!!
    02-06-12 06:07 PM
    Glad i could help out. took me some work to set mine up.
    02-07-12 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD