I have been having a little issue for the past couple of weeks. WiFi sharing and accessing my IIS server on my PlayBook usually work flawlessly until all of a sudden they just stop working.

In Windows, I use the "Run" application and type in my PlayBook's IP address like this to view my PB folders wirelessly over WiFi:
    \\xxx.xxx.0.3\

Both WiFi sharing and accessing my IIS server will work just fine until a certain point. I have not changed anything on my computer, and all of a sudden they just stop working at the same time!

I was using both just fine a few hours ago, took a break, then came back and tried only to be unable to use these features. I tried troubleshooting for hours then decide to wipe my PB. After a wipe they work again

Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong with my PB here?
    Last edited by bounce007; 05-03-12 at 04:51 AM.
    05-03-12 04:28 AM
    First post, but long time reader.

I have this problem too. I have searched the internet but cannot find a solution. My WiFi sharing will be working fine, then when I come back after a few hours I can't connect to my PB. I have IIS set up as well and whenever my WiFi sharing goes, this goes too. I also have not changed anything and like you, a wipe fixes the issue.

Any help from anyone?????
    05-03-12 10:52 AM
    First post, but long time reader.

I have this problem too. I have searched the internet but cannot find a solution. My WiFi sharing will be working fine, then when I come back after a few hours I can't connect to my PB. I have IIS set up as well and whenever my WiFi sharing goes, this goes too. I also have not changed anything and like you, a wipe fixes the issue.

Any help from anyone?????
    I reset my router (Hold down on the reset button til the lights start flashing). I don't know how long it took to reset it but I think it's between 8-12 seconds but after it was reset and I connected my computer and my PB again, WiFi Sharing works! And I am able to access my server again!

Try resetting your router Axis!

Good Luck.

I don't know why it does that though. Hopefully someone can shed some light as to why.
    05-03-12 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD