I posted a while back about a chalky sbstance and the bezel thats urrounds my playbooks screen blitering. I have since sent the tablet back for warranty and recieved it today. The chalky stuff was checked and did not come from the battery, fair enough because the battery life wan't horrible. The blistering around the screen was apparently because I dropped (WTF I will post pics of the blistering, it does NOT look like it has been dropped). But the biggest surprise that I got when I turned it on was that

1. App world wouldn't recognise my ID
    2. When I was standing in front of the router I only got max 3bars of reception even when I placed the tablet on top of the router.

3. when I move the tablet 30cm or so away from the router I get 1 bar.

4. If the tablet is more than a meter and a half or so the access oint won't even show up.

5. I noticed an extra backlight lea on the right side of my playbooks screen.

It is not the routers problem, my laptp works fine even when im in the garage. I have not had this problem before. I was told that the bezel around the screen was not removed, not inspected and that only the battery was tested.

I don't care that they sent it back without fixing a damn thing, i'm pissed off that they sent it back WORST than before. What use is a playbook without wifi.

I will not name the company until i have heard back from them with a good explanation of why they f***ed my playbook. Will update soon with pics.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by bbtabletuser; 01-25-12 at 09:08 PM. Reason: update with pictures
    01-25-12 01:57 AM
    You sent the Playbook back for "warranty", but you now state you will "not name the company" who performed this service...I take it you didn't send it back to RIM, and bought the PB from somewhere other then the normal retail outfits?
    01-25-12 04:13 AM
    I "can't" send it back to RIM because I called them and emailed them and they either don't respond or tell me to contact the warranty department in my county (?). The store I bought it from was a retail outlet for the playbook and had no issues with them before. I am fairly certain that the place that checked it did not send it back to RIM because the logs show that it hasn't been anywhere near the states or Canada.

It's Australia day so i'll hear back tomorrow.
    01-25-12 07:21 PM
    01-25-12 09:12 PM
    The PB has a one year warranty,and only a 90 day free Tech support.

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    UK: 0-800-096-2805
    Twitter: @BlackberryHelp
    Email: [email protected]
    01-25-12 10:02 PM
    To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shoot and probably missed the PowerButton.

Try the Debrick method....

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile.
    01-25-12 10:06 PM
    Holy crap! Who played soccer with that poor thing. It looks like someone dropped it down flight of stairs and after it hit every one, someone else glued it back together with elmers glue. I would take it back to the store, ask for a manager and cause a loud scene if not replaced with new on the spot! Something is not right about your PB.
    01-25-12 10:26 PM
    honestly, to me it looks like you took very poor care of your playbook... you don,t have before and after shots, and your before description is not out of keeping with what came back from so called warranty service.

hey i scratched my screen, but i gotta suck it up, it was my fault, as much as i would like warranty to fix it. hmm, am i channeling blackjack?
    01-25-12 11:14 PM
    I can't imagine the playbook came out of the box like that.

interesting how the OP never admitted he dropped it. the way i read his post is that he dropped it but it doesn't looked dropped and he should getva replacement.

the thing might not have been dropped but it's definitely been abused.
    01-25-12 11:23 PM
    dropped, kicked around, left to rattle around in a poor storage location, and someone tried to pry it open. treated like junk.
    01-25-12 11:42 PM
    Guys I never said the Pb came out the box like that. The pb was purchased back in june 2011 and no it has not been dropped and never stored without its case. thing about the chips is the the bezel is made of metal but inside the little craters is plastic. usually while charging overnight and when i take it out of the case in the morning to use it the inside of the case sort of snags against the side of it. it started at the bottom left corner and went up then to the right bottom corner.
    Last edited by bbtabletuser; 01-26-12 at 12:07 AM.
    01-26-12 12:00 AM
    Ok so it's going back to fix the wifi problem. +1 RIM support and thanks all you guys for helping. hope this never happens to youse. will see what happens.
    01-26-12 01:16 AM
    To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shoot and probably missed the PowerButton.

Try the Debrick method....

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile.
    Do you really think after doing this it will miraculously fuse itself back together? The pictures tell the story. It is literally coming apart at the seams! Soon you will need a bag to carry it in!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-12 07:59 AM
    The dings in the bezel are surly from being dropped but the scarred up missing chunks of plastic from the back case....Looks to me like someone tried to pry it open with a butter knife and not an actual case tool. That is one sh!tty looking PB and you should be ashamed of yourself for letting it get that bad. Unfortunately I think your going to find that once RIM opens up the box for repair there going to tell you tuff luck because its been dropped on several occasions and that is very apparent. That PB is a candidate for recycling not warranty repair.
    01-26-12 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD