I have a problem trying to connect to my laptop running windows 7 I don't know if its my playbook or computer would there be a problem connecting to another computer no issue with it being linked to 2 computers the other being a XP os
    John
    02-13-12 07:19 AM
    Remote Desktiop requires Windows 7 Professional or above. Premium will not work.
    02-13-12 07:55 AM
    The easiest way for me to get wireless PB access on Win 7 was to map the playbook IP as a network location. Type PB IP into the address bar, select the media folder and under the tools menu select map network drive. PB IP can be found under the options (gear at the top right corner of the playbook) , About, then select network from the dropdown menu. IPV 4 address.
    02-13-12 09:02 AM
    I have a problem trying to connect to my laptop running windows 7 I don't know if its my playbook or computer would there be a problem connecting to another computer no issue with it being linked to 2 computers the other being a XP os
    John
    Your question is so vague you got two completely different answers. Care to elaborate what exactly are you trying to do? Access files? Share internet? Remote manipulation?
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-13-12 09:19 AM
    im trying to put some music or photos on the playbook from my computer without the usb

ive done the ip thing and i get to the screen with the certs and media file but if i try to open it i get a error .

im running windows premium so will i be able to do this

john
    02-13-12 02:29 PM
    What does the error message say? Did you set a password on the Playbook when you set up sharing? Are you attempting to connect as guest? If you set a password and didn't change the default username try connecting with the default username which is 'playbook' and the password you set on the PB.
    02-13-12 02:40 PM
    I am sure you did this. Sure PB file share is turned on? Tap the gear(top right) storage sharing and check file sharing setting.
    02-13-12 02:46 PM
    i get 2 errors 1 is the local device name is already in use the connection can not be restored

2 windows cannot connect to playbook check spelling of name otherwise check connection

yes file share is set on the playbook and no i have no pass word

john
    02-13-12 02:59 PM
    Win7 has a network diagnostic tool that helped me when I lost my network connection to the PB and other networked computers. I will look when I get home an give you a step by step if someone hasn't solved your problem before than.
    02-13-12 04:02 PM
    ok quick update just connect to my daughters xp computer straight off cant believe how easy it was,now ive got to sort out why it wont connect with my computer.
    anybody got any ideas i not the best with computers .
    so any help willbe much appreciated.
    ive got to get this working its such a cool feature.
    aleast i know its not the playbook

john
    02-13-12 04:09 PM
    02-13-12 04:12 PM
    Win7: Open network sharing center (Control Panel, network and internet, Network and sharing center) at the bottom Troubleshoot Problems. Click on HomeGroup. Click next. The computer will start detecting problems. click windows network diagnostics. And follow prompts. And apply fixes. Not sure if it will work for you but it re established the connection for me.
    02-13-12 06:18 PM
    Ok tried everything I know even done a factory reset on computer still the same.
    Googled the error message 0x0070035 this seem to be a common windows error. Trouble is there seems to be a 101 solutions that seem to be a bit over my head. As any body else came across and solved it
    John
    02-16-12 07:27 AM
    You do have dm installed?

Edit: Do you norton 360 or another firewall beside windows firewall?
    Last edited by kbz1960; 02-16-12 at 07:49 AM.
    02-16-12 07:45 AM
    No firewall
    I haven't got dm on at the moment but had the same message when I had. going To reistall dm later
    John
    02-16-12 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD