Ok ... I work on a university campus and even though I am not a university employee I have access to the wireless. In the past I have used my laptop with this network. I cannot get seem to get my playbook to connect. The tech people on campus are telling me that the playbook cannot connect ("Ipads can though"). They told me that it was an WPA2 Enterprise with PEAP and MSCHAPv2. I have tried to connect using these settings using my login and password. My playbook attempts to connect and then times out - no error messages or login/password error messages. It just states that it timed out.

After fighting with this I went into my laptop's settings to check them against my playbook. I am not terribly computer literate when it comes to settings, etc. I checked the network properties. The security type set on my laptop is 802.1x with an encrytion type of WEP and network authentication of PEAP. Under PEAP settings it has the authentication method "secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)". No certificates are checked.

I desperately hope someone can help me figure this out.

Susan
    03-20-12 11:01 PM
    your laptop can successfully connect using WEP to a WPA network?
    03-21-12 03:53 AM
    if the network is WPA2-Enterprise, you can connect with touch on manually connect button and set-up the network details. but if it's 802.1x, currently no solution for that.
    03-21-12 04:23 AM
    if the network is WPA2-Enterprise, you can connect with touch on manually connect button and set-up the network details. but if it's 802.1x, currently no solution for that.
    802.1x is a communications protocol (WiFi) not a security protocol.
    03-21-12 06:03 AM
    Ok ... I work on a university campus and even though I am not a university employee I have access to the wireless. In the past I have used my laptop with this network. I cannot get seem to get my playbook to connect. The tech people on campus are telling me that the playbook cannot connect ("Ipads can though"). They told me that it was an WPA2 Enterprise with PEAP and MSCHAPv2. I have tried to connect using these settings using my login and password. My playbook attempts to connect and then times out - no error messages or login/password error messages. It just states that it timed out.

After fighting with this I went into my laptop's settings to check them against my playbook. I am not terribly computer literate when it comes to settings, etc. I checked the network properties. The security type set on my laptop is 802.1x with an encrytion type of WEP and network authentication of PEAP. Under PEAP settings it has the authentication method "secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)". No certificates are checked.

I desperately hope someone can help me figure this out.

Susan
    You're confused? You say the university IT staff says use WPA2 Enterprise with PEAP and MSCHAPv2, yet go on to say your notebook computer uses WEP and PEAP. Which is it?
    03-21-12 06:06 AM
    Just configure your PB exactly the same as your laptop and it should work just fine.

I've not had any issues connecting to any networks.
    03-21-12 06:50 AM
    I spoke with our IT person - she has nothing to do with the university, she maintains our equipment, etc. She thinks it might be the 802.1x. (I really do not know what all this means - I am a history/government teacher.) She says that every time she has had to set up one of our program machines, she has had to change the "security type" to 802.1x. The drop down menu where my laptop has "802.1x" selected has WPA, WPA2, and so on listed in it.

So far this is the only place I have had issues with wifi connectivity. I have been able to connect every where else (home, hotels, restaurants, etc).

Thanks in advance for you help and ideas!
    Susan
    03-21-12 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD