Has anybody else tried using the Playbook at Edmonton International Airport? I tried three different Playbooks on different occasions and was able to connect to the wifi once. I even called the support of the wifi provider but they were no help.

This is the only airport wifi that I am having problem with but my phone and laptop connect with no problem. So I don't know what is at fault here.
    02-13-12 08:03 PM
    They have internet in Edmonton? LoL

1. did other devices connect ok to the EDM wifi?
    2. did yiu get an error message? if yes, what was the error?
    3. Try this helpful kb
    KB26096-Troubleshooting Wi-Fi and networking on the BlackBerry PlayBook 0 2050238300
    4. Go Flames Go
    02-13-12 08:39 PM

xD llololopololololo

maybe there is a limit on how many devices are able to connect to the wifi (not a problem at yvr) probably due to the router

did you try to restart your playbooks/wifi?

was your smartphone able to connect to it?

i had a similar problem when i was at mcdonalds. i had to keep on trying to connect for like 3 minutes.
    02-13-12 09:50 PM
    i'll be there this morning and give a try.
    02-14-12 05:23 AM
    Hot spots in general have been an issue for me, VIA rail gave me the same issue, got on once, after that no go.
    02-14-12 06:16 AM
    I had problems there too. It drove me nuts for a while, but then I tried connecting manually, entering in the SSID. That "solved" the problem and gave me a rock sold connection. I don't know why entering the SSID manually should make a difference, but it did. Not really a proper solution though, connecting manually eventually will get really annoying.
    ninepbs likes this.
    02-14-12 06:53 AM
    If you went already (some times ago) in this location and tried to get wifi working, go to wifi settings, pull the dop-down list to "Known networks" and delete the previously recorded one.
    Then It'll show again in the "available networks" list (dropdown again). try to sync from here and see what appends.
    Normally, you should be prompted that you need to sign-in or so and a browser session should start with the wifi login homepage. If not, you may try to start your browser and call whatever page, should be redirected to login.
    Lest us know the kind of error (if any) you see while trying to pair with the network and when does it appends (hooking, obtaining IP ...)

Hope it helps.
    ninepbs likes this.
    02-14-12 07:15 AM
    I believe some airports have a limited bandwidth as I've always gotten on wifi if I'm at the gate early, but if I'm late I cannot.
    02-14-12 07:50 AM
    i have had similar issues in various hotels ....where i just keep getting a try again error. My solution, do a hard reset of the PB (hold the power button and both vol buttons at same time for 15 seconds) ....can be annoying but works every time. I can connect immediately after the hard reset .....may want to give it a try.
    ninepbs likes this.
    02-14-12 08:11 AM
    Has anybody else tried using the Playbook at Edmonton International Airport? I tried three different Playbooks on different occasions and was able to connect to the wifi once. I even called the support of the wifi provider but they were no help.
    You could have used your BlackBerry smartphone to connect to the airport WiFi and then bridged your BlackBerry PlayBook to use the data connection of the smartphone.
    02-14-12 08:41 AM
    I have had good luck at all hotels but Toronto Pearson was on and off. I can see why, it is supplied by Rogers. It was like the fiber optic cable they installed in our neighbourhood. The Internet was reasonably good until they put in high speed fiberoptic. After that it ran like cold mollasses. They could never figure out what went wrong. Satellite dishes popped up all over after that disaster.
    02-14-12 10:57 AM
    I was just in the DIA terminal and it took a few minutes, but it connected just fine.
    02-14-12 10:59 AM
    I couldn't connet on the 14th either but didn't have a chance to try last night when we returned. The brother in law could connect with his iThingy. I didn't have anything else to try. Has anyone attempted to connect at EIA since the ver 2 upgrade? Below are the logs of my ********************************
    Wi-Fi Diagnostics Logs

TYPE_DEVICE
    > Physical Address: e8:3e:b6:eb:f5:64
    > Device OS: BlackBerry Tablet OS
    > Device Pin: 500EE7AA
    > OS Version: 1.0.8.6067

TYPE_WIFI
    > Status: Not Connected
    > Failure Reason: Failed to connect to the network.
    > Profile Name: EIA_FREE_WIFI
    > SSID: EIA_FREE_WIFI
    > Channel: 36
    > AP MAC Address: 0a:24:01:35:70:6b
    > Security Type: Open
    > EAP Method:
    > Signal Level: -68 dBm
    > Connection Data Rate: 0 Mbps
    > Network Type:

TYPE_INTERNET
    > IP Address:
    > Subnet Mask:
    > Default Gateway:
    > Primary DNS:
    > Secondary DNS:
    > Domain Suffix:
    > MTU:
    > Proxy Server:
    > Proxy Port:

Supplicant Logs
    > 08:06:15: <2>Authentication with 00:00:00:00:00:00 timed out.
    > 08:06:05: <2>Trying to associate with 00:40:96:a0:68:40 (SSID='datavalet' freq=2462 MHz)
    > 08:05:57: <2>Trying to associate with 0a:24:01:35:70:6b (SSID='EIA_FREE_WIFI' freq=5180 MHz)
    > 08:05:52: <2>CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys
    > 08:05:51: <2>Trying to associate with 0a:24:01:35:70:6b (SSID='EIA_FREE_WIFI' freq=5180 MHz)
    > 08:05:26: <2>Authentication with 00:00:00:00:00:00 timed out.
    > 08:05:15: <2>Trying to associate with 0a:06:01:57:59:e4 (SSID='EIA_FREE_WIFI' freq=2437 MHz)
    > 08:05:10: <2>CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys
    > 08:05:09: <2>Trying to associate with 0a:06:01:57:59:e4 (SSID='EIA_FREE_WIFI' freq=2437 MHz)
    > 08:05:05: <2>Authentication with 00:00:00:00:00:00 timed out.
    > 08:04:55: <2>Trying to associate with 0a:06:01:7f:92:0e (SSID='EIA_FREE_WIFI' freq=2437 MHz)
    > 08:04:50: <2>CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys
    > 08:04:49: <2>Trying to associate with 0a:06:01:7f:92:0e (SSID='EIA_FREE_WIFI' freq=2437 MHz)

connection attempts:
    02-22-12 02:01 PM
    After OS 2.1 upgrade, I can no longer connect to the wifi at Edmonton International Airport. I was able to connect previously using the manual connection method. That no longer works after OS 2.1 upgrade.
    Does anyone have a solution?
    (My Palm Pre phone and laptop connect at EIA with no problems. It is only the Playbook that has problem.)
    10-10-12 11:27 AM
    For what it's worth, I've never successfully connected anything to wifi at YEG.

I've had no trouble connecting at the Vancouver airport, Edmonton doesn't like any of my devices from phones to tablets to netbooks.
    10-10-12 12:04 PM
    I've never had an issue with my PB, BB or laptop at YEG.
    10-10-12 12:08 PM
    I've never had an issue with my PB, BB or laptop at YEG.
    Did you connect to EIA_FREE_WIFI or Datavalet? I can connect to Datavalet but since I don't have a password, it is no good to me. I just can't connect to the free ones like ShawOpen or EIA_FREE_WIFI.
    10-10-12 05:03 PM
    "...free ones like ShawOpen.." You do have a @shaw.ca acc't !!?

After connecting to one they all connect by themselves like home 'net !
    10-10-12 05:50 PM
    The International in the name is tongue in cheek, unless you consider Fort McMurray another country.
    10-10-12 07:19 PM
    I had trouble at the last hotel I was at. Connected once but it lost it and I could never get back on.
    10-10-12 07:52 PM
    The PlayBooks have always been flaky on public WiFi.
    At BBJam Sydney earlier this year,PlayBooks couldn't connect to the BBJam hotspot (hotel provided), albeit my 9700 could.
    10-10-12 07:54 PM
    Did you connect to EIA_FREE_WIFI or Datavalet? I can connect to Datavalet but since I don't have a password, it is no good to me. I just can't connect to the free ones like ShawOpen or EIA_FREE_WIFI.
    EIA FREE WIFI is the one, connected with my laptop and my PB no worries. If memory serves though I did have to open the browser and agree to terms.
    10-10-12 07:59 PM
    I've had the same problem multiple times @ YEG: laptop, 9700, and Playbook. Landed in T.O. @ Pearson and had no problem connecting.

Best,

DL
    10-10-12 08:28 PM
    For what it's worth, I've never successfully connected anything to wifi at YEG.

I've had no trouble connecting at the Vancouver airport, Edmonton doesn't like any of my devices from phones to tablets to netbooks.
    Yup, EIA wireless stinks... I was there this morning to pick up my sister flying in from Ottawa, and I killed time trying to get my Torch 9810 to connect to the open network... It intermittently showed two available. Always got a "could not negotiate a connection" error, and from what I could see and overhear from other people waiting, several were having connect issues as well.

This has been the case for the last couple of years there, first they wanted to charge people to connect, there was no free WIFI for quite a while. Now they offer free WIFI that nobody can connect to. And not just BB devices, buddy's iPhone had the same issues on a flight we were boarding together a while back.

Shrug
    10-10-12 10:41 PM
    Same here, YEG has always been difficult to connect to with my BB and netbook. SFO gives me the same trouble. Not just me, but, everyone else in the area, also.
    10-10-12 10:51 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD