09-09-12 06:01 AM
48 12
tools
    If we were really smart we would have purchased the pb's today at inflated price. Brought them back tomorrow refund, then repurchase them. Doing this to ensure you get one that this great price

Also the best way to make the most of this would be either to go to bestbuy or futureshop and get them to price match. Best buy gives you an additional 10 percent off supposedly. I was unable to find the website. So you pay 135 or so. Future shop also gives you uspecial promo. Either 50 for leather journal case + rapid charger + skin protector or get a new printer for 20-50. Depends on if you want inkjet or lazer color or b/w

BlackBerry 32GB PlayBook with Wi-Fi : BlackBerry Tablets - Future Shop

After u click scroll down to special offerrs
    09-07-12 01:37 AM
    Actually just found the best option would be to go to futureshop early so to ensure stock still exists at walmart. They will beat the price by ten percent of the difference. Futureshops 32 gig is 238 and walmarts is 148 with a difference of 80, of which ten percent is 8 so fs will charge u 140 for the 32 gig playbook. The future shop special offers are with the purchase of any tablet or just the playbook.

Either

For 50
    Rapid charger, leather journal case, screen protector

For 50
    Bw lazer printer

Id prefer the printer but if you ask for both deals it may be possible. Thats if you want both. An extra printer is always a good gift for a student. Also its possible to do substitutions i have done this in the past. Though managers approval is needed. I would actually ask for the bb pb keyboard which is 110. Ask them to get it for free or pay 50. Either way its a better deal then going to walmart

Our Price Beat Promise - Future Shop
    BerryOttawa likes this.
    09-07-12 01:48 AM
    Futureshops 32 gig is 238 and walmarts is 148 with a difference of 80, of which ten percent is 8 so fs will charge u 140 for the 32 gig playbook.
    My math 238-148 = 90
    09-07-12 04:18 AM
    With these price drops, as a consumer it is very very hard to justify paying $350 more for the LTE version.
    09-07-12 06:41 AM
    Futureshop has the 32 gb priced at $149 now.
    09-07-12 07:28 AM
    Just bought two 32GB - sealed boxes - built May 2012
    DC506 likes this.
    09-07-12 08:40 AM
    Futureshop has the 32 gb priced at $149 now.
    They also lowered the 64GB to $219
    BestBuy also lowered them to $149 and $219
    Last edited by balding1; 09-07-12 at 09:52 AM.
    09-07-12 09:49 AM
    Bestbuy Canada also has the sale, but sold-out online.

32 gb Playbook for $149.99 !

I am jealous! I already have 2 Playbooks 16gb versions (wife and myself) so as attractive as this deal is, I won't be buying another one.

Hope this sale entices many people to join the Blackberry Playbook community!
    09-07-12 10:57 AM
    The Source has the 16 for 129, 32 for 149.
    I bought the 64 for 199 which bundles in with a screnn protector and a case.
    09-07-12 01:14 PM
    The source has the 64 gigs for 199 plus case and screen protector.

BlackBerry 64GB PlayBook -Bundle | BlackBerry PlayBook Bundles | Ratings & Reviews | TheSource.ca

So you can goto fs and tell them to price match as well as throw in the screen protector and a case. Then get them to give you their instore promo with rapid charger and stuff or try to swindle a pb keyboard. Other option is a lazer printer for cheap
    Last edited by Guyzer; 09-07-12 at 01:20 PM.
    09-07-12 01:17 PM
    Must be tons of inventory left out there because they pigeonholed themselves as far as prices ever going up again.
    BerryOttawa likes this.
    09-07-12 01:24 PM
    Picked one up for $148 at Staples for my wife. The manager wouldn't believe the Walmart price and checked online and local store pricing before price matching. He was surprised that theirs were not yet marked down.
    09-08-12 07:42 AM
    Picked one up for $148 at Staples for my wife. The manager wouldn't believe the Walmart price and checked online and local store pricing before price matching. He was surprised that theirs were not yet marked down.
    Just checked staples.ca they updated their online price for the 32GB
    09-08-12 08:42 AM
    Where in USA can I get to PB to buy at these prices 32 gb $148 and 64gb $199?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-08-12 08:56 AM
    I picked one up at Staples yesterday with a price match to Walmart's price. Staples price yesterday was still $219 or something like that. They also gave the accessory bundle (charger stand, journal case and screen protector) that Futureshop was offering for $49; keep this in mind as most places sell the charger for $50-70 alone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-08-12 10:36 AM
    wait for a million new users in crackberry. Kevin should take advantage of this opportunity for IPO
    09-08-12 11:49 AM
    The source has the 64 gigs for 199 plus case and screen protector.

BlackBerry 64GB PlayBook -Bundle | BlackBerry PlayBook Bundles | Ratings & Reviews | TheSource.ca

So you can goto fs and tell them to price match as well as throw in the screen protector and a case. Then get them to give you their instore promo with rapid charger and stuff or try to swindle a pb keyboard. Other option is a lazer printer for cheap
    WOW!!!!!!!! $199 for 64GB?!!!!!!! Too bad I already have one.

Bye bye iPad. Bye Bye Nexus.
    09-08-12 12:02 PM
    Is the GNARLYFISH ACQUISITION PORTFOLIO FOR 7-INCH TABLET case that The Source is offering any good? Does it have cutouts for rear camera?
    09-08-12 12:51 PM
    With these price drops, as a consumer it is very very hard to justify paying $350 more for the LTE version.
    It would only make sense if you had no BlackBerry smartphone and the 4G/LTE BlackBerry PlayBook included smartphone capability and Bluetooth communication between the tablet and earpiece for phone calls. I have no idea why Research In Motion would not include telephone capability in the newest tablet and the carriers would have more reason to market the 4G/LTE BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. And the trend towards 7-inch tablets started by the WiFi BlackBerry PlayBook is not being capitalized on by any marketing from Research In Motion. I get the feeling the company remains unfocused. For goodness sake they screwed themselves with a lack-lustre 4G/LTE BlackBerry PlayBook tablet missing essential features to converge smartphone and tablet capabilities into a single product and a delayed BlackBerry 10 operating system. There is no way they went from on-schedule for autumn delivery to delayed until 1Q2013 in a mere four-week time span.
    09-08-12 02:46 PM
    It would only make sense if you had no BlackBerry smartphone and the 4G/LTE BlackBerry PlayBook included smartphone capability and Bluetooth communication between the tablet and earpiece for phone calls. I have no idea why Research In Motion would not include telephone capability in the newest tablet and the carriers would have more reason to market the 4G/LTE BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. And the trend towards 7-inch tablets started by the WiFi BlackBerry PlayBook is not being capitalized on by any marketing from Research In Motion. I get the feeling the company remains unfocused. For goodness sake they screwed themselves with a lack-lustre 4G/LTE BlackBerry PlayBook tablet missing essential features to converge smartphone and tablet capabilities into a single product and a delayed BlackBerry 10 operating system. There is no way they went from on-schedule for autumn delivery to delayed until 1Q2013 in a mere four-week time span.
    09-08-12 04:36 PM
    I just bought a 64GB unit at Staples. PM'd The Source Combo price without the case.

Price was $177.78 less $35 in coupons = $142.78 for a BNIB 64GB.

Tomorrow I take back my Wally World $148 32GB PB.

Thank you RDF.
    Guyzer likes this.
    09-08-12 04:41 PM
    NW YYC wallys had at least 3 64s but still mkd $278 all their 32s had been sold out at this weeks flyer $148 ! Fshop at the other end of mall had their 64s shelf tag $220 but all they had of any size was 'open box' minimally mrked down, and usually higher the new unit shelf price ....

nite

p.s. while at FShop I saw a gentleman (who stated later 72yrs) looking over a demo Pb which as we quite often find out is quite restrained to actually demo ..... so I just walked up and pulled my 64 from a cargo pocket and proceeded to demo what I could since that outlet had no open wifi like another outlet I fd a month back.....he mentioned shaw email I told him successfully linked acc't to Pb using message ut' asked about spkrs played the Pb demo and then one of my own; browser ui; cameras mps 3/5 (?) ...anywho he was impressed Told me a relation of his working for Telus had told him a Win tablet would be way to go RIM was dying I told him no way his relation has just been run through the most recent sales/marketing course coincidentally for competitors unit ...... I did not think of it till now that telus may not have vendor rights on the 4g unit so that is why the negative crap !!? I told him about Wallys reported prices so that is when we both headed there to chk out what they had left ....
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-08-12 04:47 PM
    I'm still searching for PB price drop in USA. Any info on it ?

thanks.
    09-09-12 06:01 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD