Just got my playbook and am trying to figure out how to connect to my home network and primally to my desk computer using wifi. Can see the PB from the desk computer but cant connect. cant see any way to "see" the desk computer from the PB. What am i missing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 08:15 PM
    To connect your personal computer (desktop, notebook) to your tablet enable WiFi connectivity and WiFi sharing both found on the Settings section of the BlackBerry PlayBook interface (the gear-shaped icon). Open a web browser on the computer and navigate to the tablet, say, 192.168.1.200 and enter username and password of prompted before clicking on the media folder. I recommended enabling security for file sharing on the tablet to prevent all your data being copied without your knowledge and/or consent.
    09-10-11 09:38 PM
    You cannot see or get to the desktop computer with the pb. I think folks have suggested setting up some form of file server or ftp but I never went further looking into it.
    09-11-11 12:07 AM
    Tried it. Did not work. Never even requested a username. Tried http with and without the port and ftp with and without the port. For testing I have the password turnd off. Next sugestion?
    09-11-11 06:19 AM
    Also, I would like to be able to pull files from the desktop not just push them.
    09-11-11 06:21 AM
    09-11-11 08:24 AM
    Also, I would like to be able to pull files from the desktop not just push them.
    I would like that, too. I don't think it is natively available, like the wifi sharing. The links provided should get you going from computer to pb. As one of the links shows, a recent update broke the "kind of automatic" connection, so now you need to use the IP approach (I have my pb a static address otherwise I had to keep changing my desktop's shortcut)
    09-11-11 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD