My PB Browser works on my Home Network, with a d-Link router, but I am unable to connect to the App World network. Does anyone have a fix for this problem?
    03-20-12 06:11 PM
    I never said it wasn't an issue, but it is an issue that can either be fixed or the OP could have a bad PB unit (which isn't unheard of). Why hasn't the OP contacted tech support for the devices in question? Why hasn't the OP provide more information about the issue like make and model of devices and settings? As you may know when deal with an issue such as this there could be a plethora of variables in which to fix the issue. I have NEVER had a network connection problem that I could not fix either on my own or with the help of tech support. As for my tone I only mirrored the OP, I can't help it if you or the OP have thin skin. But I would like to take this opportunity to apologize if I have offended or hurt anyone's feelings.
    But you failed to realize many other people are having wifi issues. I contacted tech support, their solution was a security wipe which did not help. I have 2 pbs sitting about 8ft away from a brand new dlink router which I have spent hours changing every possible setting. I can easily blame the pb when I get a message saying "this configuration has been disabled". By whom? I didn't disable anything.... My 9550, 9850, Sony Bravia, and two lap tops never drop out. I'm at a hotel now with an open wifi network, had to reboot twice to be able to stay connected. Same thing happened last night at LAX, this morning at FLL, and again at a local Starbucks. In the cases of the airports and Starbucks, I don't have the luxury of being able to plug in to the router with my laptop and mess with settings. My 9850 connected to those networks with no problems at all. So how should I proceed? Ask the airport, hotel, and coffee shop to reset their routers for me?

You may not be experiencing the problem but according to RIM's tech support, many others are....
    yoonique likes this.
    03-20-12 06:32 PM
    Set your router to WAP or WEP, don't use WAP2. Playbook currently has some issues with WAP2 causing disconnections, or even not connecting. It also has to do with type of WAP2. For example, enterprise WAP2 works fine.
    Does wpa2 cause issues with other devices as well? I have had issues maintaining connection on my playbook as well as my android phone and my computer... The router is a Dlink dir-615 (not great router I know).
    03-20-12 06:33 PM
    But you failed to realize many other people are having wifi issues. I contacted tech support, their solution was a security wipe which did not help. I have 2 pbs sitting about 8ft away from a brand new dlink router which I have spent hours changing every possible setting. I can easily blame the pb when I get a message saying "this configuration has been disabled". By whom? I didn't disable anything.... My 9550, 9850, Sony Bravia, and two lap tops never drop out. I'm at a hotel now with an open wifi network, had to reboot twice to be able to stay connected. Same thing happened last night at LAX, this morning at FLL, and again at a local Starbucks. In the cases of the airports and Starbucks, I don't have the luxury of being able to plug in to the router with my laptop and mess with settings. My 9850 connected to those networks with no problems at all. So how should I proceed? Ask the airport, hotel, and coffee shop to reset their routers for me?

You may not be experiencing the problem but according to RIM's tech support, many others are....
    I'd be telling RIM they need to send me a new one cause there is something wrong with yours.
    13echo4 likes this.
    03-20-12 06:38 PM
    I'd be telling RIM they need to send me a new one cause there is something wrong with yours.
    If it was one, I would agree. I have 3 purchased at different times that do the same thing. I can reconnect after reseting the router or pb, or sometimes it takes both. I could have horrible luck and received 3 bad ones. Very strange behaviour, sometimes they connect for a few minutes to an hour and drop off, occassionaly they will reconnect if I select the network again. More often, I get the error message or just "attempting to connect". On my last two home routers I tried different channels, 2.4ghz only, wep, wpa, wpa2, b, g, n, etc ad nauseum. Makes zero sense that my 9550 works flawlessly, same with my 9850.
    03-20-12 06:46 PM
    What happens when you disconnect everything else from wifi?
    13echo4 likes this.
    03-20-12 06:48 PM
    Same problems. I can shot off the laptops and phones and still have the problem. They all automatically reconnect without doing anything. I'm usually bridged so I don't notice I'm just browsing.
    03-20-12 06:54 PM
    Not sure they all can have a fault but could if all made the same day. That much trouble and if wiping or debricking or changes to the router didn't do anything I'd be saying they are defective.

Mine hasn't dropped wifi at home or when at a hotspot which isn't often.
    03-20-12 06:58 PM
    If it was one, I would agree. I have 3 purchased at different times that do the same thing. I can reconnect after reseting the router or pb, or sometimes it takes both. I could have horrible luck and received 3 bad ones. Very strange behaviour, sometimes they connect for a few minutes to an hour and drop off, occassionaly they will reconnect if I select the network again. More often, I get the error message or just "attempting to connect". On my last two home routers I tried different channels, 2.4ghz only, wep, wpa, wpa2, b, g, n, etc ad nauseum. Makes zero sense that my 9550 works flawlessly, same with my 9850.
    I almost believe that a bad batch of Playbook may exist.

My brother had the exact same issue. Tried every single settings combination possible, router settings, name it, it's been tried, Playbook would drop the connection ALL THE TIME.

None of his desktop/laptop/android device, Apple device whatever is having any wi-fi issues.

He ended up getting a refund.

I've read that same stories many many times and it keeps popping up even after OS2.
    03-20-12 08:06 PM

You are having the same issue I am having with my iMac. A lot of people have the exact same symptoms with Lion. But, a lot more don't. Apple has no answer because the problem isn't big enough yet that attention is drawn to it. When enough people report it, they may be forced to. You are in the same situation with the Playbook. Again, the choices are to get a new machine, or use something else. Your problem obviously exists, but it doesn't seem to be something that can be classified as 'common' or the forums would be overrun with posts about it. So you can't really get mad at people for trying to offer tips.
    03-20-12 08:23 PM
    I have never had any connection issues with my Playbook. I have experienced connection pop ups requesting that I not connect to the current location due to being a "open" or unsecured location. I am also running about seven devices on my router as well as a couple wii consoles and a PS2. One thing that I have been told that could be an issue, the higher the amount of mbps the router sends out, the less likely that the signal will be dropped. As for my daughter's new sgs2, the only thing that it stays connected to is her charger.
    03-20-12 09:25 PM
    Almost 90% of the wifi problems are because of bridge interference. Mine was always dropping all of my wifi connections and after i turned off bluetooth it hasn't dropped wifi once. I think theres a problem with the way 2.0 handles the bridge app.
    Willard814 and h20work like this.
    03-20-12 10:55 PM
    What WiFi problem? I have none.............thread title over the top, don't you think?
    Just because you aren't having problems with Wifi doesn't mean that James isn't, and if he has reason to think it's a problem with the PlayBook, and if its recurrence and frequency are driving him nuts, then I don't think it's over the top at all. I'm just glad that mine works flawlessly.
    03-20-12 11:58 PM
    Well, I'm not sure if this has been covered in this thread - REMOVE the wifi connection from the pb and then re-add it. Maybe that UNPLUG did adversely affect only the pb? Also, apartment or close neighbors might have added or changed their cordless phones or their routers?
    ^^^THIS^^^, this, a thousand times this. Not only has this worked for me the one time I can remember having problems with my home Wifi, I know that I've read posts from others on this forum stating that it worked for them. And the best part is that it's quick and easy to try, innit?
    03-21-12 12:03 AM
    Anytime is the right time to eat BACON.
    My cardiologist, girlfriend, and mother all beg to differ. I have to sneak out of the house to eat it now.
    03-21-12 12:06 AM
    My cardiologist, girlfriend, and mother all beg to differ. I have to sneak out of the house to eat it now.
    You need a new cardiologist and girlfriend. As for your mother, she will haunt you until you die of anything.
    03-21-12 12:52 AM
    At my workplace we have public wifi and at various times people have been unable to connect across a full spectrum of devices from ipad, ipod, iphone, bb, playbook, android and windows devices. Oddly, someone sitting next to them has no connection problem. My solution is to unplug the router and reboot, which solved the problem.
    03-21-12 12:56 AM
    Never experienced any of these issues.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-21-12 06:30 AM
    It is a lot easier to blame people when the device you have is working correctly. I see a lot of threads like "Man, my browser keeps crashing" or "My icons keep disappearing, how do I fix it?"

You will get the patented response of "Must be user error, works perfect for me." Some people can't understand the fact that not all devices behave the same with many different users who have many different usage patterns.
    What WiFi problem? I have none.............thread title over the top, don't you think?

Never experienced any of these issues.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I digress.

Just because you aren't having problems with Wifi doesn't mean that James isn't, and if he has reason to think it's a problem with the PlayBook, and if its recurrence and frequency are driving him nuts, then I don't think it's over the top at all. I'm just glad that mine works flawlessly.

Bingo.
    yoonique likes this.
    03-21-12 06:38 AM
    Problem solved thanks to F2. Thanks to him and the others who were trying to be helpful. As to the rest......
    03-21-12 06:56 AM
    Which F2 suggestion worked? Deleting the pairing and redoing? I thought you said you did that and it didn't help in your OP or one of your other posts.
    alnamvet68 and AggreX like this.
    03-21-12 07:40 AM
    Almost 90% of the wifi problems are because of bridge interference. Mine was always dropping all of my wifi connections and after i turned off bluetooth it hasn't dropped wifi once. I think theres a problem with the way 2.0 handles the bridge app.
    Thank you, I shut off the bridge and managed to stay connected to wifi overnight! I'm eager to try it on my home network.
    03-21-12 08:11 AM
    You are having the same issue I am having with my iMac. A lot of people have the exact same symptoms with Lion. But, a lot more don't. Apple has no answer because the problem isn't big enough yet that attention is drawn to it. When enough people report it, they may be forced to. You are in the same situation with the Playbook. Again, the choices are to get a new machine, or use something else. Your problem obviously exists, but it doesn't seem to be something that can be classified as 'common' or the forums would be overrun with posts about it. So you can't really get mad at people for trying to offer tips.
    When did I get mad at anyone? I asked you for advice on fixing it....
    03-21-12 08:12 AM
    Which F2 suggestion worked? Deleting the pairing and redoing? I thought you said you did that and it didn't help in your OP or one of your other posts.
    Gives pause...........
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-21-12 08:40 AM
    .....and yes, and just because most of the PB community do not have a wi-fi issue is more then enough reason to think that perhaps, it has nothing to do with the PlayBook whatsoever.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-21-12 08:42 AM
146 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD