12-30-12 09:09 PM
35 12
tools
    I guess I should've taken my hp laptop back when I got it because I had the same problems with it but I got a new router and no problem.
    05-27-11 09:39 PM
    Not bashing here , I like my pb. But you should not have to buy a new router just cause you bought a pb . BB dropped the ball the wireless should have been bullet proof .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    There is no such thing... Go look for iphone or Android or <insert device here> with wifi problems that ended up being router related. They're everwhere. Especially if you are talking about non-conformant N wireless routers...
    05-27-11 09:45 PM
    Not bashing here , I like my pb. But you should not have to buy a new router just cause you bought a pb . BB dropped the ball the wireless should have been bullet proof
    Yes, but standards are constantly changing. When I bought the iPod Touch early last year, I retired my dlink 615 router and replaced it with the 655. With the old router the iPod Touch would only stay connected for a couple of minutes.

I'd rather buy a new router than downgrade my security to WEP! That's a risky move.
    05-27-11 10:34 PM
    Pardon the digging out of an old thread.

I've had a DIR615 (Rev C1 for those interested) for awhile, and like many others, it just hasn't played well with the playbook. (Since april 19 actually). Random PB updates seemed to improve, but then I'd still have issues. Usually rebooting the router and restarting the PB seemed to fix it, so I just tolerated it. I saw this thread back then, updated the firmware with mild improvement.

Just this weekend, I was attempting to fix the evil fruit products Airport Express when I went ahead and installed the linux dd-wrt firmware on said D-Link router. Didnt solve my Airport issues, but I just noted today, hmm, I havent had a playbook connection issue since saturday!?!? That'd be a record with the old firmware. I get a solid connection with no drops anywhere in the house.

So to those with a Dlink DIR-615 N router - hit up the dd-wrt page (www.dd-wrt.com | Unleash Your Router ) dont brick your router, and enjoy smooth PB surfing!!
    09-07-11 05:55 PM
    I have a D-Link DIR-655 that's about five years old. It's been a very good router until I started connecting the Playbook to it. After surfing the Web for solutions, the one that I found that seems to work is setting wireless security to WPA only (not WPA2) and using AES (not TKIP). Having said that, I think either my router is starting to fail (which I sort of doubt) or the Playbook causes it to lose connectivity to all devices and I have to reboot it. I think Blackberry needs to smarten up and provide reliable drivers for their devices. Otherwise, their demise will be hastened.
    12-28-12 03:03 PM
    I too have a Playbook running on a DIR-615 although mine has DD-WRT running on it and its incredibly stable. I would recommend it.
    I have the DIR-615 too (Rev E3). I get dropped signals from time to time even on the laptop. My wife's laptop using G instead of N seems more stable.

I downloaded DD-WRT and attempted the upload, but it seems to me that I got an error message saying it could not be done. DDWRT site said to go look for a work around in a different version of the 615, but at that point I decided to give up

I would just go and buy a new router, but I have had quite a few and even the good ones like an ASUS I had, had issues. I don't want to be a network engineer - just want something that works out of the box
    12-28-12 07:34 PM
    I have the same router and the only thing that fixed the drops was to go to G from G-N. These routers use draft N that does not agree with the PB. I haven't had a drop in months.
    12-28-12 07:47 PM
    I have dir-615 and have never had any issues in over a year.
    12-28-12 07:58 PM
    I have an older model revision B2 I think it is. The newer C and E versions can load the newer firmware and open source but not mine....
    12-28-12 08:03 PM
    I have a DIR-615, Rev 3C and managed to find a firmware update that was labelled as a Blackberry patch. I did the update and it solved all of my Wi-Fi Playbook problems.
    Try this URL: Download D-Link DIR-615 REV C Wireless N Router Firmware 3.13NA - Drivers
    12-30-12 09:09 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD