I went away for the weekend and left my PB at home on standby connected to my home network. On my return I took the PB out of standby and the wifi icon was greyed out. I checked the setting and the profile for my home network had been turned off. I turned it back on and it connected to my wifi but I got the error "couldn't resolve the host name" when I tried to open a web page. I restarted my PB opened the browser and it worked OK for about 30 minutes then the same error starts getting thrown up. I turned the wifi off then on again and it will work for a further half hour or so before the error pops up again. I turned the wifi off and used it bridged to my 9810 which is connected to the same wifi network and I can get the internet no problem although it is a bit slower. I have rebooted the PB several times done a hard reset, but still the problem persists. I have the latest update for the PB and it's been working fine up to now. Any ideas what could be causing this problem?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I have also deleted all wifi profiles rebooted and started from scratch and the problem still persists.
    Last edited by Asdic Ping; 06-18-14 at 03:16 AM.
    06-18-14 02:28 AM
    Try deleting the PB from your router and then from the PB and start it over. Other than that I'd suggest putting your PB on a static IP address. Might help.
    Asdic Ping likes this.
    06-18-14 06:49 AM
    Your mention of the router made me think that perhaps a reboot of that will help. Problem solved! Why all my other devices worked OK and just the PB was having problems I don't know. Anyway it's all sorted now.
    06-19-14 02:37 AM