I got my 16GB playbook on launch day and i havent had a single problem at all with it. It has never been dropped and has been in a Ghost Armor case pretty much since i had bought it. The other morning my bluetooth would not turn on and my wifi was showing ZERO available networks but my PS3, 2x Laptops, 2x Phones can all connect no problem. Since it has never been dropped or had any issues until i picked it up to use it the other day.

I have made a backup of my PB before i tried to do a security wipe thinking it would fix it. Now i am stuck at the initial set up screen and there appears to be nothing i can do. Has anyone ever had this issue or found a way to reslove it???

I Have the original box and reciepts from the day of release but i would assume it is too long past to get a replacement?
    08-07-11 01:26 AM
    Prolly your router, playbook don't get along with some, yet will still work with everything you've always had. I have to unplug the power and plug back in every couple days with mine or the playbook hangs up, it's years old, could get a new one, but I'll wait till nothing else works with it lol. And even after updating the router it seems to have improved it, but not fully. Easy enough solution for me, takes 2 seconds.
    08-07-11 01:59 AM
    You could also try finding an open, public wifi to try that. But the pb does have a 1 year warranty so you can also contact rim for repair/replacement.

Rim Support 1-877-644-8405
    08-07-11 08:51 AM
    Thanks for the response, i am 100% sure it is not my router as i have had the same one since just before i bought the playbook and have changed every setting to try and make it work.

On a side note my bluetooth was going all screwy as well before i did a security wipe. it wouldnt turn on the icon would just flip back to off.

I will call RIM Support on this and post an update incase anyone else runs into this problem.
    08-08-11 12:23 PM
    Hi, I had the same problem with my 16GB. It was new and worked fine for 3 or 4 days then suddenly wouldn`t see any wifi networks. I tried security wipe but got stuck when it still couldn`t find any networks. Then I tried reloading the OS, but that didn`t work either so ended up sending it back to RIM and getting a replacement. I suspect there have been some faulty wifi chips in the production run
    08-08-11 01:06 PM
    I just started having the same problem a week ago! I guess I should call rim! Its even more useless without WIFI
    08-08-11 01:19 PM
    RMA time

10char
    08-08-11 02:03 PM
    Yep happened to me. RMA
    08-08-11 06:54 PM
    Thanks for the response, i am 100% sure it is not my router as i have had the same one since just before i bought the playbook and have changed every setting to try and make it work.

On a side note my bluetooth was going all screwy as well before i did a security wipe. it wouldnt turn on the icon would just flip back to off.

I will call RIM Support on this and post an update incase anyone else runs into this problem.
    Wat u finally did can u plz say
    09-29-12 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD