My PB is failing to connect to my saved WIFI network. I haven't changed a thing since this started happening.

It struggles to locate an IP address even though the password/WEP key is being typed in correctly and the only way to get it to connect is to keep restarting it until it finally works. When it does work and I'm connected, I have to avoid restarting my PB or turning WIFI off or it'll happen again.

Anyone else come across a similar problem? This is a PB based problem as all the laptops in the house are connected to the WIFI with no problems at all.
    08-07-11 06:01 PM
    While the router may work with other devices, some folks have run into similar problems and it was the router. You can check on other similar threads.
    08-07-11 06:17 PM
    My Wifi and BT just up and died one night. Going in on RMA today.

Check these forums and the BB forums. Lots of reports of it happening. I'm hoping it was just a bad batch of chips because I'd hate to have this occur again.
    08-08-11 04:10 PM
    mine was playing up today, it would connect to every network bar my own, or when it did, it would d/c and then join the next prefered. i solved it by deleting all the saved networks, and then restarting my bt hub, then reconnect. think my router maybe dodgy as my mac was struggling as well
    08-08-11 04:47 PM
    Yep having the same problem too. Considering returning it. After a reboot or power on it wont connect. I have to enter the pin in the router.
    08-08-11 04:54 PM
    I have seen talk that the PB is touchy with some routers, and that sounds like what the last two comments are having.

The issue with the chips involves the WiFi and BT, generally not just WiFi from what I have read. The system acts like it is still there, but cannot see any wifi at all and keeps turning off the BT when you try turning it on.

The symptoms have been pretty consistent in the posting I have read.
    08-08-11 05:15 PM
    I have a Linksys WRT54G2 router and i was having issues with WIFI loosing connection after a reboot or start-up. I went into my router setup and I changed the wireless network mode to G only (it was on mixed), switched from WIFI protected setup to Manual setup. Wireless channel is set to 2.437Ghz. So far it has connected every time i reboot or turn it on. Fingers crossed that my problem is solved. Hope this helps someone else.
    08-09-11 12:11 PM
    My dLink DIR-655 is set to mixed mode and my two computers connect at the faster "n" speed. It's interesting that my PB has never attempted to connect with any other protocol than "g". So no complaints.
    08-09-11 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD