Just changed my router to an n-router from a g-router thinking it might fix my WiFi intermittent problems with the Playbook. Nope. It's worst now. Seems like I can't connect and if I did I would be on for only a few minutes. Any suggestions?
    12-07-12 12:52 AM
    Ya, I had a ton of problems with it at first.

I would recommend switching to a channel that isn't crowded and changing it to 40hz from the 20,40,80 auto default.
    Also if you don't have any G devices, enable N only.
    12-07-12 12:58 AM
    whin77 - you might find it useful to look at the recent "Sharing how I solved....." thread.
    I had successfully tried using the extra "guest network" which my new N router provides for the two Playbooks here. For reasons I didn't understand it used G though - it worked, but not fast. After reading that thread I tried changing my wifi channel after using the android app (on an android device) as suggested there to find the cleanest channels available. In the process (and for reasons I still don't understand! - something to do with the security key) I got N on the guest network now.
    As far as I can tell so far I'm getting better wifi on my main network which has the laptop and android devices, and the wifi on the playbooks is quicker and seems to be being reliable. (I'm still using the two networks though - it's working so I don't want to change it again.)
    Hope this helps.
    12-07-12 02:29 AM
    Thanks for your suggestions. I will try them both until it works. If not I have a beautiful Playbook for display on my coffee table. :-)
    12-07-12 08:06 PM
    I would like to find a "WiFi Booster/Extender App" for my PB.... It can hold the signal for about 15-20 feet only. But I need at least 30ft to be able to use it in the pool patio area.
    Anyone of you Know this App for PB???
    12-10-12 12:14 AM
    I would like to find a "WiFi Booster/Extender App" for my PB.... It can hold the signal for about 15-20 feet only. But I need at least 30ft to be able to use it in the pool patio area.
    Anyone of you Know this App for PB???
    how exactly would that work? I think what you are looking for is a wifi range booster for your wireless router, not an app for the PB. you can get one pretty much anywhere that sells wireless routers.
    12-10-12 04:03 AM
    Tks man.. I know that. I have a Chromebook Laptop and other Devices that can hold and find the WiFi signal till 30ft.
    My PB, does Not... Sometimes holds it for a bit, just 1 or 2 bars.
    That's why I would like to find an APP that does that.
    Do you know any?
    And, yes, I already check on App Store CB.
    Tks...
    12-13-12 04:45 PM