This is really embarrassing for me. I am an Avid fan of Mac computers and at the same time of Blackberry, I love the format! I do own an ipad and want the playbook strictly for work and outside the home (really love the smaller format) anyway both pads have their place... What is embarrasing is how many people I have known with ipads and I have never heard of a hardware issue, and these darn playbooks are plagued with them... I know in good RIM fashion these issues will be resolved, but this is so typical, great ideas, poor execution..... They are so lucky to have such a loyal core fan base!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    D_Town likes this.
    05-06-11 09:13 PM
    To everyone having this problem with the bluetooth not toggling properly, dropping connections, and randomly turning on and off... I exchanged mine for a new one and the difference is night and day. Running all of the same updates/versions on both the playbook and my phone everything is running like a well oiled machine on this new unit. My last one was problematic out of the box. Don't hesitate to go in and exchange it, especially if your problem was as blatant as mine and you were unable to even toggle the bluetooth off or on. I think they might have some major issues with their hardware in regards to this new integrated bluetooth/wifi chip.

And speaking of wifi, on my previous playbook I couldn't for the life of me connect to a WPA2 secured network, it never worked, not once. Connecting to WPA and WEP had occasional issues as well. Got the new one and BAM! Connected to a WPA2 network instantly. I've seen lots of other people having problems connecting to WPA2 networks, so I assumed it was a software thing that would be improved. Given my experience now I'm not so sure. I will add that the WPA2 network I connected to was not my own so I can't say that my previous problems weren't a result of my router (have yet to test it in WPA2 mode) but I think that it is somewhat telling given the problems I had with my bluetooth and the fact that both features run on the same chip.

Hope this sheds some light for people and I hope that the issues get sorted out and the early adopters are supported should these issues persist.
    05-09-11 11:55 AM
    not sure if my issues are the same as your guys. here is what is happening to me all of a sudden.

i hit the road for work, and before the plane ride used the "disconnect" on bridge connections. this morning i tried to redo the bridge and after capturing the barcode timesout waiting for playbook. manually pairing waits to pb too. had this before and deleted the connection on both, rebooted, and it would come back. now its not. i have tried multiple reboots, with it off/on before rebooting. SIM Access Profile is off. i can find the PB from my phone when searching as a straight bluetooth connection but don't get a response from the pb. if i search from the pb it doesn't find my bb which is listening.

while this is going on i swapped hotel rooms and had to redo the wifi as each room has its own router with WPA2. i was unable to find any wifi networks by searching, so i rebooted and then found my network. i connected to it and added the key and it connected. opened engadget flipped thru the main page and then tried to head over to cb but the blue bar got half way and stopped. tried multiple pages, same. i tried turning wifi off, but it seems to stay on. the icon stays green and the under the troubleshooting icon (wifi symbol with ?) and wifi properties it says connected still. tried reboots. i can't delete the connection as its not saved. wifi is working on my laptop and bb 9000 fine.

so not sure what else to try. i'm on the road and have it loaded with music and movies so don't want to wipe it clean or not be able to re-set it up becuz it can't connect to wifi. its been solid since replacing my original one on the 25th.
    05-12-11 07:48 AM
    On my 2nd PB. Want to love it but the wifi is acting up on this new one after an initial two day honeymoon. If it's a hardware issue, can that be fixed by a download? Excuse newb ?

Drops randomly. Router is Apple. All kit is Apple and has perfect wifi reception. Never drops on iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, etc. Funny thing, the PB drops then the AppleTV drops, too.

Any ideas appreciated. Thx.
    05-13-11 04:15 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD