I don't have a PB. Is that app available as a PB game!?
    12-27-11 01:07 PM
    You realize that the iPhone 4S was the fastest selling gadget ever right LOL

Apple's iPhone 4S sales heading for new gadget world record | Technology | The Guardian
    Thanks for taking time out of your day to keep us PlayBook owners up to date with Apple trivia...
    fbloise likes this.
    12-27-11 01:09 PM
    me: let me show you what it can do..

i start going through all the swiping and multitasking abilities, picture menus ,video menus, Hd video i had just recorded,changing screen settings, at a very quick pace just to show how easy it is to use and how quick you can get in and out of settings menus etc..while listening to music all along. I even stopped to take a picture of my daughter playing with one of her toys in the middle of all this (which took a few seconds)

You do realize that an iPad can do all of this, plus read email, Netflix, Airplay, and much more right.
    12-27-11 01:11 PM
    My family all had iPhones. I had to reboot my BlackBerry seven times when visiting. It was shameful and slow.

And I'm left out of family words with friends!
    What kind of blackberry do you own?
    12-27-11 01:16 PM
    You do realize that an iPad can do all of this, plus read email, Netflix, Airplay, and much more right.
    Except display the picture quality that the pb has..
    12-27-11 01:18 PM
    You know, it never would occur to me to go over to an iPad or Android enthusiast's message board and post about how much better the PlayBook is.
    12-27-11 01:31 PM
    You know, it never would occur to me to go over to an iPad or Android enthusiast's message board and post about how much better the PlayBook is.
    I can't imagine those other forums having threads that mention the PlayBook in the title, so there really wouldn't be an opportunity to post how great the PlayBook is in a forum called "Xoom FTW" or "iPad rulz" or whatever.
    12-27-11 01:38 PM
    Except display the picture quality that the pb has..
    And the multitasking.

And the flash support.

And the HDMI out.
    Last edited by ralfyguy; 12-27-11 at 01:54 PM.
    12-27-11 01:52 PM
    Wife got iPad, I Got PB and....

now you sleep in separate beds.
    cleveland216 and kbz1960 like this.
    12-27-11 02:31 PM
    And the multitasking.

And the flash support.

And the HDMI out.
    sorry but the only examples ive seen of 'mulitasking' is people playing videos in the background while doing something else. i fail to see why i would ever want to do this on my tablet. i guess because the video player is so horrible that when you stop it, it doesn't actually remember where you last left it.

flash support is dead. no more mobile devices will even have it seeing as adobe killed it off because it was literally going nowhere. another bumbling mistake by RIM who say they're going to continue with their OWN flash development. LOL.

HDMI out? buy a $20 adapter for the ipad/iphone/whatever. problem solved. but its also pointless since you can just wirelessly stream audio/video directly from the ipad/iphone anyway and without an apple tv/airplay device as well.
    12-27-11 02:40 PM
    Some are really kidding themselves here. The iPad, although a great device, lacks the specs of it's counterparts. It has a marvelous ecosystem and the name Apple attached to it but that is where it ends.

All these companies shoving tablets out of the door need to realise one thing and one thing only. The majority don't want tablets... They want iPads.

For what reason I do not know but it is the reality of the matter. Apple can manufacture a block of wood with the Apple logo on it and still out sell the PlayBook. Go figure!
    I use PB a lot more than IPad 2 which is mainly used by my wife, but let's just not forget what each are good at and what they have.

There's not much PB beats IPad 2 spec-wise. In fact, most tablets have similar specs, but that's where similarities end.

Also, I don't understand people bashing Apple and its products either. They have good products, and pioneered in recent smartphone and tablet market. Their products are hardly blocks of wood.
    12-27-11 02:43 PM
    And the multitasking.

And the flash support.

And the HDMI out.
    None of these are unique to PB.. most modern tablets support multitasking, HDMI out and many Android tablets support Flash..
    12-27-11 02:45 PM
    I can't remember how many demerit points I'm supposed to get for jumping into a thread like this? Anyone know?
    That would be the fifth prime root of the natural logarithmic function applied to the inverse square of the quadratic roots of the number of posts added to one-half of that value multiplied by x-squared summed before subtraction from the centurion value of economic currency of the chief benefactor of World War II.
    12-27-11 02:47 PM
    I have everything, PlayBook, iPad, and Kindle Fire, but my girlfriend, JUST has a PlayBook. My favorite is the PlayBook, BUT the Kindle is getting the most use right now because it's the new kid on the block.
    12-27-11 02:49 PM
    If the PLAYbook has a good selection of good apps, what do you call the iPads app selection? Relatively speaking the iPad is leaps and bounds better, and other features such as AirPlay the PLAYbook can not touch and never will, even basic features such as email and reading books on the PLAYbook leave much to be desired.
    I prefer quality over quantity. In response to your question, I would say Apple has over 90% crap in their app store. Did you buy the $700 iPad and fill it to the rim with as many apps as possible? Most people I talk to use much less than 20 apps. The PB can browse anywhere with no extra plan, has Flash, HDMI, the smoothest multi-tasking, all the Bridge functions, better PPI, better audio, is the only tablet that can be used by government officials, AND It has great QUALITY apps. To me, Apple having support from the big app developers like Rovio is the only thing Apple had going for them. Now that those same developers are joining the RIM/BBX party, it gives us RIM fans the best of both worlds.
    12-27-11 03:12 PM
    i bought it. its not boring. what exactly was boring about it? the same form factor? maybe you should look at the blackberry line up...

do you know what keeps a system interesting? apps.
    congratz, u know there are apps too for the blackberry.... i bet u only got apples in ur fridge, who cares what u think, many people said that the iphone 4s was boring, what the are u doing on a blackberry forum anyway?
    12-27-11 03:24 PM
    One app at a time.. home -> camera home -> videos...

I got myself a Playbook this weekend and I couldn't be happier. First, for all the things I can do with it (such android apps, excellent browser with FLASH) and second, for the price I paid for it. �169 doesn't seems like a bad deal (compared to �399 for an iPad 2).

I can even watch any movie type (xvid, avi, mkv) without "an app" or codecs, dragging the files from my PC to the Playbook without some sort of "bridge app" like iTunes...
    12-27-11 03:24 PM
    sorry but the only examples ive seen of 'mulitasking' is people playing videos in the background while doing something else. i fail to see why i would ever want to do this on my tablet. i guess because the video player is so horrible that when you stop it, it doesn't actually remember where you last left it.

flash support is dead. no more mobile devices will even have it seeing as adobe killed it off because it was literally going nowhere. another bumbling mistake by RIM who say they're going to continue with their OWN flash development. LOL.

HDMI out? buy a $20 adapter for the ipad/iphone/whatever. problem solved. but its also pointless since you can just wirelessly stream audio/video directly from the ipad/iphone anyway and without an apple tv/airplay device as well.
    why cant u ppl admit that the playbook is really good, does it hurts? you know this post is ridiculous, the multitasking is pretty useful for tablet users, oh im sorry, i forgot that doing more than 1 thing at a time can damage ur brain.

it sucks that the ipad has no flash support right? so u gotta say to playbook users that flash is dead? i think its pretty much alive sijce i can watch youtube videos or any other videos with my flash supported playbook browser.

the adaptor thing was one of the most ******** things ive ever heard, if the playbook didnt had that hdmi port i could buy an adaptor for the micro usb port but guess what? my playbook HAS an HDMI port
    sir.dangerfield likes this.
    12-27-11 03:30 PM
    I can even watch any movie type (xvid, avi, mkv) without "an app" or codecs, dragging the files from my PC to the Playbook without some sort of "bridge app" like iTunes...
    Have you tried this? I was very excited about this but it still comes down to codec support. PB doesn't support all codecs out there, and many of my MKVs, AVIs I tried won't play unfortunately. Not to mention there's no support for subtitles.

Gone back looking for FFmpeg based solution like AirVideo. Still looking...
    12-27-11 03:30 PM
    Sounds like the makings of a good Country song about divorce - She got the iPad and I got the Playbook!
    CnukRN99 and kbz1960 like this.
    12-27-11 03:39 PM
    why cant u ppl admit that the playbook is really good, does it hurts? you know this post is ridiculous, the multitasking is pretty useful for tablet users, oh im sorry, i forgot that doing more than 1 thing at a time can damage ur brain.

it sucks that the ipad has no flash support right? so u gotta say to playbook users that flash is dead? i think its pretty much alive sijce i can watch youtube videos or any other videos with my flash supported playbook browser.

the adaptor thing was one of the most ******** things ive ever heard, if the playbook didnt had that hdmi port i could buy an adaptor for the micro usb port but guess what? my playbook HAS an HDMI port
    PB is good, but here on this forum people point out things obvious to others to make it look like common features "playbook exclusive".

All OSes tablets are based on - QNX, Linux, BSD are all fully capable multitasking OS. Multitasking at application level are available on all platforms too.

Flash is dead in mobile world since Adobe ended support for it. However, it still lives on and PB will definitely benefit from this, as long as vendors continue support for Flash and this is one area PB excels and presents its usefulness today. But again many Android tablets support flash.

You still need an HDMI adapter (micro HDMI to regular) or special cable for PB, just like everyone else.
    12-27-11 03:47 PM
    I prefer quality over quantity. In response to your question, I would say Apple has over 90% crap in their app store. Did you buy the $700 iPad and fill it to the rim with as many apps as possible? Most people I talk to use much less than 20 apps. The PB can browse anywhere with no extra plan, has Flash, HDMI, the smoothest multi-tasking, all the Bridge functions, better PPI, better audio, is the only tablet that can be used by government officials, AND It has great QUALITY apps. To me, Apple having support from the big app developers like Rovio is the only thing Apple had going for them. Now that those same developers are joining the RIM/BBX party, it gives us RIM fans the best of both worlds.
    The very poor quality applications on the Playbook are due to the fact that there was no proper SDK available at launch, and a only a slightly improved SDK available now. RIM relied on Adobe AIR initially and only recently released a native SDK that no where near the Android or iOS SDK. It is lacking the frameworks such as Core image and Airplay that allow developers to create quality apps. RIM has always struggled in this regard, remember that app development was possible on a Blackberry years before the iPhone was even introduced, and there have always been different SDKs for different devices, no standard screen resolutions, no app store initially, and a general cluster F.
    12-27-11 03:58 PM
    I have everything, PlayBook, iPad, and Kindle Fire, but my girlfriend, JUST has a PlayBook. My favorite is the PlayBook, BUT the Kindle is getting the most use right now because it's the new kid on the block.
    How dare you pick a side and get with it man!

I hope you know that I'm just kidding..
    12-27-11 04:03 PM
    I went over to the Apple forum counterpart of this site to find out some info for a friend here at work about the new 4s sub-par battery life when it first came out. The very first post I saw on the list was something like "Did you trade your BlackBerry for a new iPhone 4s?". It was a non-stop BlackBerry bashing fiasco with pages and pages and pages of hate spewing Apple people. I considered adding my 2 cents, but stopped. I decided I'd never come back to this site again - even for legitimate information gathering for a friend who happened to have an Apple product.

Unless you actually have a BlackBerry product with an actual need in mind, why on earth would you be here? Granted there is a lot of CrackBerry folks tearing down Apple products and maybe you feel the need to defend them, but to what end?

I won't ever buy an Apple product for several reasons, none of which relate to how good a product it is. That really isn't a debate because the product is pretty good. Very attractive form factor, easy to use for the clueless, supported with apps by everone and their grandmother and marketed remarkably - so much so that even tots want the product.

I won't buy them because of their slave labor manufacturing process and their strong-arm manipulation of suppliers requiring them to reveal their profit margin on component bids. There are more well-documented unsavory business practices by Apple. Kind of the Wal Mart of the tech world. Horrible.

I like the fact my new BlackBerry Torch 9850 was not made in China, but in Mexico - a neighbor that needs all the help they can get right now. It probably means a bit more quality issues, but mine has been flawless to date. My guess is some of the components originate from China, but at least there wasn't a kid with bleeding fingers installing the faceplate of my Torch.

Beyond all of that, I enjoy being the "black sheep" among my friends. I like explaining why I don't have an iPhone and never will. I like showing them that my Torch can do all the key things their iPhone can do (plus a few cool additional things theirs cannot). I like showing them that my PlayBook can surf the internet when I'm away from WiFi and I don't have to pay $30 a month for the privelege. The friends that have listened to me instead of the crowd and got new BlackBerry phones have been my best friends (and we have the BBM advantage) and have thanked me for it. Besides, they get me, their on-call tech guy who they can reach via BBM 24/7.

Sure, I wish I could play Words with Friends on my PlayBook with my iPad friends, but hey, it is probably just a matter of time.
    hpjrt likes this.
    12-27-11 04:04 PM
    Sounds like the makings of a good Country song about divorce - She got the iPad and I got the Playbook!
    yeah its the story of my life as well now that I sit here and think about it.

My wife's happy with her iPad, I'm happy with my BB/PB combo. She feels complete (she never even activated 3G on hers). I fell complete with Bridge network support, and FLASH.

And before I got the tempting-priced Playbook at $200 I didn't even know I missed flash so bad I've since updated to 32GB and thinking about getting a 2nd refurb, because this lil thing is such a steal for all this power at such a low price

Anybody here wanna buy my iPad 1 32GB, 8mo left on Apple Care Protection? Jailbroken at 4.3.4 untethered Redsn0w w/multitask gestures. Apps include:
    Navigon 2.0
    Installous 4
    iFile w/full Dropbox support
    SlingPlayer 1 (for older Slingboxes)
    Tune-In Radio
    Tunemark
    and 2GB data left on data plan (it auto renewed on me and I have not used it in 2 weeks)

See?? I'm willing to give all this crap up because I have a $200, 7" tablet Bridged to my phone, multitasks well, full HD support to TV, that HAS FLASH!! (if I could make this blink in bright colorful letters I would)
    swiftex likes this.
    12-27-11 04:13 PM
101 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD