apple users now realized what apple was with the iPhone 4S release, everryone knows this, apple is getting very boring, thats why the 4S didnt have much succes like other products,
    You realize that the iPhone 4S was the fastest selling gadget ever right LOL

Apple's iPhone 4S sales heading for new gadget world record | Technology | The Guardian
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    12-26-11 04:55 PM
    I like the PB so much more. I've already downloaded a boatload of apps that will keep me productive and having some fun.

Overall, I like the form factor, multi-tasking and general look/feel/navigation much more than the iPad.
    The ipad has multitasking too which is pretty cool. Drag 4 fingers on the screen up.
    12-26-11 05:10 PM
    ya my girlfriend get to use my Ipad2 But The playbook is mine .
    12-26-11 11:43 PM
    apple users now realized what apple was with the iPhone 4S release, everryone knows this, apple is getting very boring, thats why the 4S didnt have much succes like other products, i dont really see a difference between ipod touch 4G and the ipad 2 except the size, its time for apple to think out of the box or else it will start to lose ppl, now between a comparison btween ipad and pb, i choose pb, ofc it depends on the person, but in my opinion, the playbook is way better, the ipad is way too big, i used one for work but i didnt liked it, the playbook has some great quality apps, and more are coming on its way, ans besides, just 1 more month till new OS on playbook with the android app player and many other great things
    im really confused by that statement. the iphone 4s sold amazing well.

iPhone 4S: sales set records, activation issues irk buyers - The Washington Post
    12-26-11 11:54 PM
    camera? sure the ipad 2 one definitely sucks. i will give you that. but really, the playbook camera is not that much better. its horrible indoors and is only fixed focused
    Need to remove the waxy haze from your eyes if you have not seen the sharp pictures the PB can take. It's no SLR or high end point+shoot but it does a good job for a tablet especially if you don't want to look like a tool shooting with a bigger tablet.
    12-27-11 12:03 AM
    Need to remove the waxy haze from your eyes if you have not seen the sharp pictures the PB can take. It's no SLR or high end point+shoot but it does a good job for a tablet especially if you don't want to look like a tool shooting with a bigger tablet.
    you're already looking like a 'tool' when shooting with a tablet, whether its 7" or 9" or whatever.

i dont think either camera is good quality at all but at least the ipad has tons of different photography/editing/remote slr control/shutter previewing apps that would actually come in handy for a photographer. so therein lies a big difference in functionality.

its a moot argument for camera quality on a tablet though because even if it were super high quality, the form factor of the tablet just doesn't come in handy. my iphone 4s is now my main camera for everything and is apparently now the 2nd most popular camera phone in the whole world right behind the iphone 4.

http://venturebeat.com/2011/11/22/ip...one-on-flickr/

pretty cool stuff either way.
    Last edited by nada_surf; 12-27-11 at 12:09 AM.
    12-27-11 12:06 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Playbook takes great pics!! ... and so easy to post to Facebook using the Playbook Facebook app ... love it .. and takes great videos also!
    12-27-11 12:07 AM
    Great choice buddy. I totally agree with you.
    12-27-11 12:10 AM
    yeah I was watching this guy video his kid with iPad 2 and I had my Playbook. I was laughing inside

Then I enjoyed a round of laughs with the family at Phil The Fire as I passed a very mobile 7" tablet around to show off the pics and vids I just took

AND no one stared at me or asked me stupid questions about my pad in the restaurant.

Playbook 3, iPad 0
    rotorwrench likes this.
    12-27-11 12:17 AM
    what i meant is not that it didnt sell well, it did, i meant that many ppl that buyed it said it was boring, apple stuff is pretty much the same on each device, except for the computer, ppl is getting bored of the same stuff
    12-27-11 01:25 AM
    what i meant is not that it didnt sell well, it did, i meant that many ppl that buyed it said it was boring, apple stuff is pretty much the same on each device, except for the computer, ppl is getting bored of the same stuff
    i bought it. its not boring. what exactly was boring about it? the same form factor? maybe you should look at the blackberry line up...

do you know what keeps a system interesting? apps.
    12-27-11 01:36 AM
    I think this is the reply you're looking for OP..

gratz to you and your wife for both getting toys you like for x-mas!
    anon(375378) and rotorwrench like this.
    12-27-11 02:01 AM
    I really like my bb9900 but the playbook is just too small for a tablet imo. I love the read magazines and books on my ipad, if it was any smaller I dont think it would the same appeal
    12-27-11 07:50 AM
    I don't understand why people feel the need to justify their choice to others by shooting down the other brands.
    The reasons you chose your Playbook, iPad or Android device have very little effect on the rest of the world. I bought mine for me.
    When any of these companies start paying me to advertise for them I may see it differently.

For example, I bought a $40,000+ truck. The dealer offered me a hat with the product logo and their logo. I asked how much they would pay me to advertise for them. I also had them remove their dealer logo from the tailgate.
    kbz1960 and drice01 like this.
    12-27-11 09:02 AM
    I really like my bb9900 but the playbook is just too small for a tablet imo. I love the read magazines and books on my ipad, if it was any smaller I dont think it would the same appeal
    I can see once you are used to reading on a 10" screen how a 7" screen would seem small.
    The Playbook does have a larger screen than either the Kindle or Kobo eReaders though.
    12-27-11 09:06 AM
    Well different people have different reasons to like or dislike the Pb. Frankly speaking, I did not like PB in the beginning because I found it difficult to create new data on this gadget. Only ready made data could be consumed on it.
    12-27-11 09:17 AM
    Some are really kidding themselves here. The iPad, although a great device, lacks the specs of it's counterparts. It has a marvelous ecosystem and the name Apple attached to it but that is where it ends.

All these companies shoving tablets out of the door need to realise one thing and one thing only. The majority don't want tablets... They want iPads.

For what reason I do not know but it is the reality of the matter. Apple can manufacture a block of wood with the Apple logo on it and still out sell the PlayBook. Go figure!

Sad but unfortunately true. A lot of sheep out there. If you ask the majority of consumers why they buy apple, you find only a handful that actually have specific reasons/needs for doing so. Blackberry products are tools--designed for doing what they were designed to do... communicate, connect and meet the "needs" of business first individuals. Don't need to apologize for that. 9860; tablet pending
    12-27-11 10:54 AM
    My wife and I purchased a playbook for our 3 year old. Honestly, I bought it because I didn't want to spend a min. of 500.00 on an ipad (of which my wife and I both have). I was initially a little concerned about app quality for educational games and stuff.

i was pleasantly surprised with the playbook. Even better was that my daughter was happy to have her very own first "puter". She has been playing a couple of games I bought her, and has been so happy with it.

My impression of it is that there are some really great features, and not too many that I'm disappointed in. Its really a pretty neat device. Especially for the price! I bought one for 250 (16GB) before the real fire sales started (199). I think if I had to boil it down to one favorite feature (that bests the ipad) it would have to be the screen quality. I think that its easier to type on than the ipad. Also, the video quality is really amazing. The demo HD video is fantastic!

Now, I need to get a few of her movies on there, and she'll be really happy! Maybe one day I'll trade have to trade devices with her
    12-27-11 11:47 AM
    Sad but unfortunately true. A lot of sheep out there. If you ask the majority of consumers why they buy apple, you find only a handful that actually have specific reasons/needs for doing so.
    i was at my parents home for christmas and my brother was playing with his iphone browsing the net looking for a particular pic.It was taking a while so i pulled out the playbook and said "let me try". Thats when he says " oh, dont make me bring my ipad , then i will show you what areal tablet can do!

me: you have an ipad ? bring it,lets see what it can do..

bro: no,i was just kidding , i dont own one,but it will blow the playbook out of the water

me: have you used the ipad or playbook?

bro: no..

me: so how do you know?

bro: well everyone knows that blackberry is going under so how good can it be ?

me: let me show you what it can do..

i start going through all the swiping and multitasking abilities, picture menus ,video menus, Hd video i had just recorded,changing screen settings, at a very quick pace just to show how easy it is to use and how quick you can get in and out of settings menus etc..while listening to music all along. I even stopped to take a picture of my daughter playing with one of her toys in the middle of all this (which took a few seconds)

He was just sitting there not saying a word...He actually looked stunned..

Thats when i say.." i think they did a pretty good job with this tablet , no?

bro : yeah...nice

..and thats when he put his iphone back in his pocket..
    ralfyguy, fbloise and rickkel like this.
    12-27-11 12:15 PM
    Not just the camera over the iPad, give the PB credit on the speakers as well.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    12-27-11 12:27 PM
    My family all had iPhones. I had to reboot my BlackBerry seven times when visiting. It was shameful and slow.

And I'm left out of family words with friends!
    12-27-11 12:29 PM
    My 2 cents worth having hovered on the forum.

The Ipad 2 feels like it was designed by a guy while he was making love. It feels that good to hold. It has tons of apps and the os isn't bad either. It's well designed. The downer is the cost.

PB is built well and feels solid to hold. I think it has the nicest OS interface out of the PB, Android and ipad2. It lacks apps I would use like a solid RDP client (unless this has been released since I last looked.

I also own a Lenovo Thinkpad tablet with the pen and keyboard. It's a nice tablet with plenty of power and apps to choose from and the new OS isn't too bad, but.

I've also used the Lenovo A1 and it's a great value for the money (provided you can't find a PB for 200), but user interface leaves alot to be desired.

My preference between all of them is the PB because it seems to give the best value for money spent that is if you can find one at the lower price. I don't think I'd spend full retail on one given the doom and gloom you hear about RIM. Again, just my 2 cents.
    12-27-11 12:29 PM
    My family all had iPhones. I had to reboot my BlackBerry seven times when visiting. It was shameful and slow.

Wow and you were just praising it in another thread LOL. You black sheep
    12-27-11 12:42 PM
    I didn't even bring my battery charger! Didn't need it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-27-11 01:05 PM
    Why? You can play it through the PB browser.
    12-27-11 01:06 PM
101 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD