When I put my 9900 ontop of my playbook it starts trippin I have a video but I don't know how to upload it.
    08-14-12 06:29 PM
    By trippin I mean open/closes apps, shows/hides keyboard
    08-14-12 06:35 PM
    There's an old joke, where a man goes to see his doctor and says, "it hurts when I do that". The doctor says, "don't do that".
    08-14-12 06:50 PM
    I have a video but I don't know how to upload it.
    Using DM, download the video file to your PC, then use DM to upload it to PB.
    Or, vise versa since I am not sure where the file is located.

I think by placing the phone onto the PB there was an intent to transfer ota by magic.
    08-14-12 07:10 PM
    It's an old, known "feature". Everything with a strong enough eletric current will knock the PlayBook nuts. This is the only video I could find but I remember one where the PlayBook goes crazy when placed by a lava lamp.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGujHKcC4bU[/YT]
    08-14-12 07:10 PM
    The video is on my playbook, justbdont know how to upload it onto here.
    And mine goes abit more nuts that that video
    08-14-12 07:14 PM
    I put it on YouTube....
    08-14-12 07:16 PM
    That is possessed eh.

Weird stuff. I don't think my two behave like that !
    JayR2010 likes this.
    08-14-12 07:35 PM
    It's crazy
    08-14-12 07:38 PM
    Is NFC enabled? Maybe try disabling it and then put it on there again. I don't know if it would cause that, but it would be interesting to see that changes anything.
    08-14-12 07:48 PM
    Only seems to do it when playbook is plugged in
    08-14-12 07:54 PM
    i've noticed that the back of my torch '60 will trip my my pb's touch screen as if it was a stylus.

one time (not at band camp) i got a couple text messaged while the bb was sitting ontop of the pb's screen and the next thing i know the pb is at 5/10 password attempts and asking for a captcha.

something about the back of bbs that the pb likes?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    DocDRM likes this.
    08-14-12 08:25 PM
    Yeah that is funny. The exact same thing happened with my PlayBook when sat my 9850 on top of it. That was last week. I just never sat my phone on top of my PlayBook again.
    08-14-12 08:36 PM
    What type of charger is that plugged into your Playbook (it looks white?)? I've had that weird stuff happen to mine, but only when I tried to use an off-brand charger. If that's an off-brand charger, I bet it's rated at a higher voltage and with the added electrical field of the Bold, it goes berserk. Am I right?
    08-14-12 08:41 PM
    What type of charger is that plugged into your Playbook (it looks white?)? I've had that weird stuff happen to mine, but only when I tried to use an off-brand charger. If that's an off-brand charger, I bet it's rated at a higher voltage and with the added electrical field of the Bold, it goes berserk. Am I right?
    Same as my original pb charger. Some have a yellow plug.
    08-14-12 08:45 PM
    Nope, mine is a original charger I got with my playbook, in UK they have yellow ends
    08-14-12 08:49 PM
    Gee, like I said, anything with an eletric current. Bold is plugged to the charger.

Just try it guys. Get anything pluggerd to a mains close to the PlayBook and it will do that.
    08-14-12 09:29 PM
    I've had my pb and torch act up around electrical currents and even strong static electricity. I think it happens because the electrical field/ magnetic field trips up the touch screen making it think it's being touched. I've experienced it more if the screen is dirty (kids with messy hands playing angry birds).
    08-14-12 11:27 PM
    yea.. it happens to mine when its plugged it too. i just dont stack them anymore... lol

Sidenote on the weirdness: When i rest my the left side (in landscape mode) of my PB on the right side of my laptop, the screen will go out...
    Last edited by Jamaicangirl81; 08-15-12 at 12:13 AM.
    08-15-12 12:10 AM
    I put it on YouTube....
    wow that's really weird. It sounds like it's even making your PlayBook type, I could hear the PlayBook's keyboard clicking. Just ignore it and focus on the fact that you have a white 9900, while those of us in the states have yet to be able to buy one from any of our phone carriers.
    JayR2010 likes this.
    08-15-12 03:40 AM
    Sidenote on the weirdness: When i rest my the left side (in landscape mode) of my PB on the right side of my laptop, the screen will go out...
    That is by design, (I hope ) like the phones when used with a magnetic case it would shut off display and even lock the phone and turn on vibrate if you wish. Didn't know pb had that feature so might not be it...
    08-15-12 06:03 AM
    That is by design, (I hope ) like the phones when used with a magnetic case it would shut off display and even lock the phone and turn on vibrate if you wish. Didn't know pb had that feature so might not be it...
    The pb does not have a "magnetic on/off sensor"
    08-15-12 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD