I am not aware of any battery savings settings that would turn off wifi. Still think it is router related. I know computer usb ports and hard drives can turn off to save power both on laptops and even desktops (for power savings)
    03-23-13 07:42 PM
    Hi again F2,

Thanks for your comments. I'm leaning towards the router myself too, but I have 4 other Wi-Fi devices in the house and none of them exhibit the same behavior as the PlayBook... Still, getting another router is not that expensive. I've been thinking about changing router so I can get one with a USB port. I could then share the printer. So, even if it doesn't fix my problem, it still is a winning move.

I still want to try my brother's PlayBook on my network, but I don't know when that'll be... It might be a while!

I'll report as soon as I can.

Thanks to all!
    03-29-13 03:29 PM
    Hi F2,

Still think it is router related...
    Yup! Saturday I got a brand new router. It is a D-Link DIR-645. Upon installation, I linked the PlayBook with it. It is now late monday night and the PlayBook is still connected. Every time I check, Wi-Fi is going strong.

Router wasn't cheap. Almost a hundred dollars. But beside the PlayBook not loging off, I can now share a printer with everybody on the network. Killing two birds with one stone!

Very happy with the outcome!!!

Thanks F2 and all who wrote in.
    04-01-13 10:33 PM
    Hi F2,

Yup! Saturday I got a brand new router. It is a D-Link DIR-645. Upon installation, I linked the PlayBook with it. It is now late monday night and the PlayBook is still connected. Every time I check, Wi-Fi is going strong.

Router wasn't cheap. Almost a hundred dollars. But beside the PlayBook not loging off, I can now share a printer with everybody on the network. Killing two birds with one stone!

Very happy with the outcome!!!

Thanks F2 and all who wrote in.
    Glad to hear that things are working now. I hope that continues without issues. I added a harddrive to my router for shared storage space.
    04-01-13 11:46 PM
    Hi F2,

Third day since the new router and the Wi-Fi on the PlayBook hasn't disconnected. I'm very happy!

I added a harddrive to my router for shared storage space.
    I might do that too. Apparently, it's quite alright to install a USB hub on the router and add printers and harddrive and what have you. Thanks again for the help.

Should we close this thread?
    04-02-13 08:38 PM
    Never had this issue, but wifi would suspend itself almost like it's sleeps once inactive for awhile, plus even if it's was surfing it would slowly stop browsing.

I had a d-link wbr-2310 rev d router it was 4 years old.

Bought a linksys e2700 now never have any issues always stays connected no matter what and browsing no stoppage.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-02-13 09:05 PM
    Hi F2,

Third day since the new router and the Wi-Fi on the PlayBook hasn't disconnected. I'm very happy!

I might do that too. Apparently, it's quite alright to install a USB hub on the router and add printers and harddrive and what have you. Thanks again for the help.

Should we close this thread?
    As the reply before this and after yours show - no closing of the thread. Actually, I don't know if the Moderators ever close a thread (that's not off on a bad tangent). It might help someone else.
    04-02-13 11:23 PM
32 12