I got my PB in the first round of price cuts and it's become indispensable for both business and pleasure. There's no other tablet that I know of that can play a PDF or video presentation that can be controlled through by your phone as a remote. Also, I'm not a big fan of virtual KBs and so the ability to be able to type through my phone is priceless. Over time the PlayBook has matured into one of the best tablets on the market and I can't wait for BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    10-13-12 05:37 PM
    Why do you Capitalize random Words? I Find this Really puzzling.

I like the 7" form factor, much prefer the OS to Android, which I have used and tried to like since the beginning, really like the hardware and think the PlayBook is the best value for the money. My 64GB was $200.
    It's not random, it's a first language intrusion. Some languages capitalise all nouns. It looks weird to English speakers, but just think of it as writing with an accent.
    10-13-12 06:59 PM
    Games are to be played on a PC with mouse and keyboard! I played that demo game on the Playbook and the interface was just plain weird.

This could be a generational thing. I grew up before they had portable gaming devices. It wasn't until Doom came out that I deemed computer games worthy of my free time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Depends on the game. Some games are great with mouse and keyboard, others are terrible with mouse and keyboard. Some games are great with touch screen, others are terrible with touch screen. Some are great with a gamepad... you get the idea.
    10-13-12 07:00 PM
    I have now 3 playbooks, and including my parents in USA that's 4 playbooks.

Price:

I got my $199 Playbook back in November 2011 when it was best in class for that price and have enjoyed it for many months before Kindle Fire or Nexus even existed! Now its $149 for 32gb... or $199 for 64gb... can't beat that!

Experience:

Does what I need, video chat with family, surf net, music, podcasts, messaging/email, videos, read, and play games. Connect easily out to HDMI for a cool big screen play. The interface is clean and simple, easy.

BB Integration:

I have BB phones and Bridge lets me connect on the go, or do remote Powerpoint control for business or educational meetings with a simple $5 HDMI cable hookup.

I do not deny Android tablets and iPad are good... sure they are. But I have a laptop to do my hard-core work and gaming. I did not want to spend too much on a tablet, and so when I saw the Playbook it became a no-brainer for work and play.

It is the best bang for the buck I have pleasantly been surprised to get!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    10-13-12 07:56 PM
    Because it has Flash...
    10-13-12 07:57 PM
    For every task that I can do on the playbook, I find several better apps on the Android market. Sometimes better and cheaper, sometimes even better and free.

Then I also find many apps that don't exist for the playbook. I can travel with confidence because I can use my plane company app, my bank app, etc. I have all great apps for any kind of leisure activity you can think of, cricket, botanics, genealogy.. you name it.

My Android apps are updated every month at least, on Playbook maybe once in a year (some not at all).

Using apps directly on Android is way better than sideloading them on playbook. No multitasking problem. Background tasks run ok on my Android.

And then I have on amoled screen on my samsung 7.7. I find it better when using for a long time.

No Android dev tells me I can't have this or that in my country.

I can use folders as I wish on Android.

I don't feel cheated by Google or Samsung, I don't have to defend a stranded playbook against all odds, I don't need to wait for a 2013 update for everything to function properly. I am also confident that Android will still exist in the coming years.

Last, the person to whom I had given my playbook called me a few days ago because the Yahoo account suddenly decided that the password was wrong. So I deleted the general Yahoo account, while keeping the specific mail and calendar accounts. And then it worked perfectly, not having changed the password. The kind of embarrassing bug from RIM that I never find on Android.
    You are looking at Android through SERIOUSLY rose-colored glasses. You are correct that Android has a big advantage in apps - and, yes, Android runs Android apps better than the PlayBook OS does - duh! I have used Android ever since the first version, and if you never think that Android has embarrassing bugs, you haven't used it long enough. Also, the PlayBook is getting and will get OS upgrades. Many Android devices can not upgrade the OS at all, or need to be rooted to upgrade the OS. As to apps, there are still relatively few tablet apps, most are upscaled phone apps that may or may not scale properly. There are also many apps that won't run when you upgrade the OS - that will run on Gingerbread but not Ice Cream Sandwich, for instance. There are Android devices that won't even access Google Play without hacking There are apps which are Amazon App Store only. There are apps that will only run on a few devices - even Netflix when it first came out for Android would only run on a few phones and no tablets. In short, it suffers from the same structural problem that Windows had - it's trying to run on a million different hardware configurations and it is very hard to run well on all of them. This will always be true to some extent, while the PlayBook MIGHT eventually have a better selection of apps (I'm not holding my breath).

I also significantly prefer the PlayBook OS as an OS - easier to use and far less likely to crash but Android has made big strides, and in another revision or two I hope to be quite happy with it as a tablet OS, I'm not quite there yet.
    10-13-12 08:34 PM
    Games are to be played on a PC with mouse and keyboard! I played that demo game on the Playbook and the interface was just plain weird.

This could be a generational thing. I grew up before they had portable gaming devices. It wasn't until Doom came out that I deemed computer games worthy of my free time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    I MUCH prefer games using a touch interface. I have Air Attack, for example, on my computer, iPad, and PlayBook, and I never play it on the computer. Plants vs. Zombies is another example of using the touch interface well, and, as far as generational, I have been playing computer games since the 1970s (Adventure, Zork, etc.).
    10-13-12 08:37 PM
    because it's elegant and have adobe flash. And for blackberry user, it is so favorable. Many things is favorable for blackberry smartphone user. For example, the feature of playbook that can connect to blackberry smartphone.
    10-13-12 10:52 PM
    To be honest, I thought BB Playbook was for business people only and bought an android tablet first. Then, when the price fell I could not resist and bought one just to play with it. In a very short period of time, I noticed the difference in operation. My Playbook has never, let me repeat never failed. I can't say the same about any android phone or tablet I have. I bought a Playbook for my mother who lives in another state and we use the video chat and it works very well. My mother, an Apple product person, loves her Playbook and uses it for an ebook, Web browser and to check her email. Every week she tells me of another app she uses.
    I have found a way to be more efficient at work by using it more than lugging around a laptop. I then bought one for each of my children, the youngest is 22 years old, and they have relayed to me that they use it more than their computers.
    You ask why and I say because it works everytime, without fail. There are more than enough apps to keep me busy and efficient and productive. I am already thinking of giving my wife the 32Gb Playbook and buying the 64 Gb Playbook for me. I am also planning to replace my Android phone with a BB Bold 9930.
    Safe, secure, reliable, reasonable prices good battery life. Get one, you will not regret it.
    10-13-12 10:53 PM
    Form-factor and BlackBerry Bridge.
    10-14-12 12:06 AM
    I have to agree with reliability. It's important to me that I can arrive at a presentation, connect my PlayBook to my micro projector, fire up bridge, and know it's going to work each and every time. The PlayBook's a beast from a hardware perspective too; I've witnessed them being dropped with not a scratch or dent as a result. The thing exudes toughness and yet it's lighter than many tablets out there. The OS has never failed on me and gets better with every up grade. Which reminds me, a friend of mine got a Samsung 7" Tab about the same time I got my PlayBook and he quickly came to the realisation that the OS version he bought it with is the same one it's going to die with. I don't swallow the "DIY" argument, most Android users either don't have the where-with-all to pull it off or are simply unaware that they could hack their machine in such a way. Besides, why SHOULD someone have to risk bricking their machine to keep it up to date?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    10-14-12 06:48 AM
    i like bridge function, flash support and i like pb form factor. i do not like much android os. but i will look into 32gb nexus 7. i would love to see 64gb Nexus 7. ipad mini sounds great but lack of flash support is no go for me.

Sent from Blackberry 9810 with Crackberry forum app
    10-14-12 10:07 AM
62 123