Just crossed over to the dark side from Sprint, got a 9810 about 30min ago. I really love he 9930 keyboard over this. Although typing in landscape is decent, I really started getting very quick with the 9930.

Controlling the PB would be AWESOME with the 9930, I can only imagine
    01-09-12 09:39 PM
    Control the playbook is a cool concept... Combine that with poiwer point presentations would be slick.
    01-09-12 10:19 PM
    I think it would be a good question for someone to ask RIM at CES. Having purchased a 9780 at full price less then six months ago, I'd be less than thrilled to find out some of the bridge enhancements require OS 7+.

Hopefully this is simply a rumor and not fact.
    I agree, i will be really sad if this update doesn't work on blackberry 6 devices
    01-09-12 10:20 PM
    for me, i prefer controlling my BB from my PB, i never thought about doing it the other way around
    there is an app for that in appworld.. 2.99 though..

i think remote control is a great idea. There are apps that may require typing that are not available on bb. or think business meeting. PB plugged in and u can type for all see from ur seat on bb (way more accurate than on pb)
    01-09-12 11:16 PM
    there is an app for that in appworld.. 2.99 though..

i think remote control is a great idea. There are apps that may require typing that are not available on bb. or think business meeting. PB plugged in and u can type for all see from ur seat on bb (way more accurate than on pb)

wow I had not thought of that - you can type/control under the table while watching your playbook at those boring business meetings! And still act like you're paying attention! Thanks for the tip!

I'm starting to salivate now and it isn't pretty..
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 01-09-12 at 11:43 PM.
    teamfortress and Revampd like this.
    01-09-12 11:37 PM
    ^^ doubt it and hope not. I don't see what could be unique about the 9900, unless it requires a higher level OS
    this would force me to finally upgrade from my 9700 - maybe that's the plan.
    What makes folks think it is limited (although it might be) because from their announcement it says:

"new BlackBerry� Bridge� features allow a user's BlackBerry� smartphone to act as a keyboard and mouse for their BlackBerry PlayBook"

It does not mention any model. I would be guessing that if it supports bridge it supports this feature - if and when it actually is released.
    01-10-12 12:21 AM
    I'd use it to post on CrackBerry for one. I am always browsing on my PlayBook. But then when I want to post I will find the thread on my 9930 and type a reply. I just plain do not like typing on a glass screen. So now I will be able to browse on my PlayBook and reply on my phone while using the larger PB screen. Nice.
    01-10-12 12:57 AM
    This is one of the features I really want ...

Hate virtual keyboards, and the option to use 9900 keyboard on PB is quite exciting, and will be making (my) life easier.
    01-10-12 01:12 AM
    Got a tweet this morning from an individual at RIM: works for OS 6 and 7 devices.
    01-10-12 09:57 AM
    Why would I use my phone to send e-mail?

Why would I use a portable computer?

Why would I use a cordless phone?

Why would I use a device that tells me where I am all the time?

Why would I use anything other than cash?

Etc.
    01-10-12 10:06 AM
    Got a tweet this morning from an individual at RIM: works for OS 6 and 7 devices.
    Hey, what about us holdouts still using OS5 on the 9650/Bold - I refuse to give up Column View in the browser!!!!
    01-10-12 10:57 AM
    I guess it's one of the limitations of the 7" tablet that would bring about this feature. It's not big enough to house a 'full' keyboard like the iPad / Android Tablets, so typing is just kind of weird on the PB. Keeping in mind, it's only weird if you're coming from being accustomed to the full keyboard layout of other tablet OS(s).

It's one of the things that have been bothering me, but I know that just comes with the size of the screen. I think being able to type from my BB will be nice, but I won't use it much. I love typing on it, but if I'm holding my PB and I need to type a message or email, I'll probably just use the Virtual Keyboard as I've gotten use to typing on glass~
    01-10-12 11:02 AM
    I will definitely use this feature. I'll be able to dock my PlayBook to my TV and surf the net, watch videos and read emails while sitting on my couch!
    pmccartney likes this.
    01-10-12 11:05 AM
    I guess having the choice to do either is nice, type with physical keyboard vs virtual. I'm not liking it much because it makes the other device obsolete in a way.

The remote function with the tv and such the is cool though when the your playbook is docked and not within inches of you.

I have an OS 5 device.

What if this was the integration for spell check for the pb?
    01-10-12 11:40 AM
    this is a nice feature to go both ways with bridge

you get choices
    01-10-12 11:47 AM
    All you have to do is see the video on the front page today on CB (01-10-12). Question answered.
    01-10-12 12:30 PM
    Nice for those with keyboard phones. For me with a touch phone I'd rather type on the pb, maybe the trackpad will come in handy.
    01-10-12 12:42 PM
    This is why:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_mnFtDbbTk&feature=player_embedded#![/YT]
    01-10-12 12:44 PM
    Looks like the LED is flashing for something in the video.
    01-10-12 12:59 PM
    Nice remote functions, hopefully they will upgrade the remote function to play games like Wii nunchuk.

01-10-12 01:06 PM
    Looks like the LED is flashing for something in the video.
    I think its the notification for the 40 unread messages he has up at the top.
    01-10-12 01:06 PM
    Watch the just released remote demo. Nuff said.
    Serkle K likes this.
    01-10-12 02:11 PM
    OMG, it's so much more than just typing. I honestly got goosebumps when he did bezel gestures from the BB screen
    01-10-12 02:24 PM
    OMG, it's so much more than just typing. I honestly got goosebumps when he did bezel gestures from the BB screen
    Yeah, that was pretty awesome.
    01-10-12 02:29 PM
    Complete control from the phone. Awesome.
    I wonder about the folks without touch screens though.
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    01-10-12 02:32 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD