I have made sure that bluetooth is on and my tablet is discoverable. I can't connect to a device I'm already paired with.
    11-28-15 11:52 AM
    With device OFF delete device from Playbook list.
    Turn off bluetooth on PB. Reset device pairing mode. Turn PB bluetooth back on and set as previous to discoverable. Re-pair the device.
    11-28-15 01:53 PM
    The problem is that the "connect device" button is frozen. When I push the device that I'm paired with to connect to it, the button won't work.
    12-01-15 01:37 PM
    When in doubt try to re-boot the Playbook (if you haven't already), then re-pair the devices again.
    12-01-15 01:41 PM
    It might help if we knew what kind of device that you're trying to connect to. I don't believe that the Playbook allows for file transfer over bluetooth (except maybe over bridge to some BB phones). So, if you're trying to connect a BT keyboard, mouse or speaker, it shouldn't be a problem. If you're trying to connect to an android phone though, I don't think this is possible. Is the "connect" button frozen, or is it grayed out?
    12-01-15 02:42 PM
    It might help if we knew what kind of device that you're trying to connect to. I don't believe that the Playbook allows for file transfer over bluetooth (except maybe over bridge to some BB phones). So, if you're trying to connect a BT keyboard, mouse or speaker, it shouldn't be a problem. If you're trying to connect to an android phone though, I don't think this is possible. Is the "connect" button frozen, or is it grayed out?
    I guess I should never assume, but the bluetooth on the Playbook can not be used for ANY file transfer and is able to connect with BT Keyboards, mice and speakers as you note. So, OP, if you are listening, no other connections are possible with the Playbook. The BT module on the Playbook is very limited in functionality. If you are trying to connect with another BB device (phone etc), bt keyboard then do a reboot, go in and clear out prior connections and try re-pairing.
    12-01-15 02:57 PM
    I guess I should never assume, but the bluetooth on the Playbook can not be used for ANY file transfer and is able to connect with BT Keyboards, mice and speakers as you note. So, OP, if you are listening, no other connections are possible with the Playbook. The BT module on the Playbook is very limited in functionality. If you are trying to connect with another BB device (phone etc), bt keyboard then do a reboot, go in and clear out prior connections and try re-pairing.
    12-01-15 02:57 PM
    The "connect" button is grayed out. I was trying to transfer files via bluetooth to another playbook. The problem is that my usb port is broken. I was trying to find another way to download my files to the computer.
    12-01-15 03:48 PM
    Try "Dukto" app...but hang on, you wrote the USB port is damaged, can't install it with Sachesi. Duh...sorry, dunno?

Classic .2789 radio .859
    12-01-15 04:11 PM
    The "connect" button is grayed out. I was trying to transfer files via bluetooth to another playbook. The problem is that my usb port is broken. I was trying to find another way to download my files to the computer.
    You could use a wifi transfer app such as Dukto (which I use). The app is hard to find but for the Playbook it is located at : Dukto R5 for Playbook Released � Qtness Development . You will have to side-load it to your Playbook(s) using the Chrome extension for BB or by using the DDPB utility (search CB for it) . Dukto is a very simple file transfer app and is available for windows, BB10 and BB Playbook, android, ios and even Symbian. I recommend it for wifi file transfer. The Playbook app is lacking some functionality but it will get the job done. Hope this helps.
    12-01-15 04:15 PM
    Try "Dukto" app...but hang on, you wrote the USB port is damaged, can't install it with Sachesi. Duh...sorry, dunno?

Classic .2789 radio .859
    He/she can side-load it using the wifi connection under the Chrome BB extension or with the DDPB app.
    12-01-15 04:16 PM
    You can transfer files to a PC over wifi without installing any apps. First, turn on wifi file sharing in settings on your PB. Then, find your PB's ip address- look under settings/about/network (from the dropdown menu). then the ipv4 listing (ignore any grayed out numbers). Your ip address should look something like 192.168.0.100. Then, in your windows search box (on the start menu in Win 7- the charms bar in win 8 or 10) type (using the above example) " \\192.168.0.100" (without the quotes). Your Playbook should show up and you can then transfer over wifi.
    brookie229 likes this.
    12-01-15 04:27 PM
    l work for you,
    12-02-15 11:56 AM

And the link above for wi-fi transfer between a Linux laptop and a PlayBook or BB10 smartphone
    12-03-15 06:45 AM