10-08-12 06:10 PM
71 123
tools
  1. kozmo68's Avatar
    that's a good point. And she would likely get the playbook in the divorce.
    bazinga!!!! Lmao!!
    axllebeer and bungaboy like this.
    10-02-12 05:32 PM
  2. 91300zx's Avatar
    Just mail it to me I dont mind
    10-02-12 05:43 PM
  3. 5eleven's Avatar
    Maybe I wasn't 100% clear - i don't want an ipad. My wife does and got one. I don't. The consideration was to send the unopened PB back, and just apply that money to a different handset (which she wants me to have an ios device).

    I've decided to look at the PlayBook, in it's box, for one week and decide.

    Actually, you guys have helped immensely, and the announcement of a PlayBook update doesn't hurt in the meantime either.

    And how can I get rid of the wife that buys me the PlayBook 64G, when she doesn't even want me to have one?

    Great posts guys, thanks!
    axllebeer, bungaboy and esk369 like this.
    10-02-12 05:51 PM
  4. Mr.Monty's Avatar
    Did you consider an iPod touch? Depending on how often you're in a Wi-Fi area this may meet your needs. This way you can still use your 9650 and keep your upgrade, and may not feel the need to sell your PB (depending on your financial situation, not my business).

    I realize you may not like the idea of having another device, but throwing it out as an option.
    5eleven likes this.
    10-02-12 06:00 PM
  5. kbz1960's Avatar
    If you find you're going to keep it and not use all that space I'll trade ya my 16gb
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    10-02-12 06:00 PM
  6. BBplaybookJS's Avatar
    Seriously, is it the same people continually posting the same thing? Why should any of us care if you keep your Playbook or not?
    balding1 likes this.
    10-02-12 06:02 PM
  7. 5eleven's Avatar
    You shouldn't. For the same reason I don't care that you're a firefighting American hero.
    10-02-12 06:35 PM
  8. 5eleven's Avatar
    Did you consider an iPod touch? Depending on how often you're in a Wi-Fi area this may meet your needs. This way you can still use your 9650 and keep your upgrade, and may not feel the need to sell your PB (depending on your financial situation, not my business).

    I realize you may not like the idea of having another device, but throwing it out as an option.
    Actually one of the best suggestions I've heard, LOL. Thanks!
    10-02-12 06:36 PM
  9. BBplaybookJS's Avatar
    You shouldn't. For the same reason I don't care that you're a firefighting American hero.
    If you want to try to insult someone, you should at least try to do the research. I'm neither an American or a hero, I work for a living. And I don't care what you do or don't care about, The difference is I didn't feel the need to start a thread to talk about it.
    10-02-12 07:03 PM
  10. 5eleven's Avatar
    Congratulations. I'm just busting your balls back. And while you may not have decided to create a thread about it, it certainly didn't stop you from replying to this one. Thanks for your input. Oh, and I'm sorry, I should have said "North American firefighting hero".
    Last edited by 5eleven; 10-02-12 at 07:20 PM.
    10-02-12 07:17 PM
  11. ajst222's Avatar
    Who says you have to? If it doesn't suit your needs then sell it (to me I'll take it lol).
    10-02-12 07:24 PM
  12. richardat's Avatar
    For anyone who reads this who may be in a similar position in the future, based only on the OP, I would have said DEFINITELY return it.

    Why? Well, one thing to do is ask yourself: will I use/need this now? If not...if on the fence, then ask yourself: can I get this later? Look at it this way....suppose you changed your mind a month from now, 6 months from now, a year from now? Will this item be impossible to get? If so, will there be an adequate replacement?

    New PB are going for ~100$ now....in about 6 months, you might be able to pick one up used for 50$ or so. So don't worry about it! Take the money, if you want to buy one later, you'll probably get it for considerably less, or put the money toward something else, or buy the future model, and get more features for the same money!

    That's one general rule I have about tech....if you don't think you'll use it much now, no matter how good the deal, generally you should pass. It's always going to devalue....
    10-02-12 07:37 PM
  13. sleepngbear's Avatar
    Do you need Skype and Netflix on your tablet? If yes, sell the PB and get an iPad. If no, then what else do you want in a tab that you're not getting from the PB? If it's apps, remember that AppWorld is going to be getting a whole lot busier in just a few months with the intro of BB10. And the PB is still one fine piece of hardware. It comes down to what you want out if a tablet -- or maybe more importantly, if you even want a tablet at all.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-03-12 07:34 AM
  14. world saviour's Avatar
    Earlier this year I had a 16G PlayBook stolen. It was a gift from my wife, and I have reluctantly been hanging in there awaiting a BB10 device. However, my wife has already jumped ship to the iPhone and she loves it. I bought her an iPad for our anniversary and she loves it as well.

    I'm hanging on by a thread with my 9650, and I don't want to sign another contract now on a BB7 device, only to get screwed to get a new BB10, if it's all it's cracked up to be...

    For three days I've been staring at the boxed 64G PlayBook replacement she bought me for our anniversary. I can't bring myself to open the box. The only reason I am even considering keeping this thing is so I can tether my device when out and about...

    No Skype, no Netflix, I'm not a huge gamer, I'm not really sure why I even want another PlayBook at this point. I've pretty much decided that if my Bold craps out between now and a hopeful BlackBerry 10 January release, I'm done with RIM. I've been a loyal BB user since the 7520. I'm at the point that I can't decide to ship this PlayBook back and get something else, or to keep it and hope that BB10 makes it worthwhile.

    Advice?
    If it were me I'd keep it. But if you really don't want it, I can use it as a back up. Please give it serious thought. I'll gladly relieve you of that burden in a second.
    10-03-12 07:45 AM
  15. ubeda92's Avatar
    $75 US.

    You pay shipping and never post in this forum again.
    bay1902 likes this.
    10-03-12 07:52 AM
  16. HartfordWhalers's Avatar
    There are still serious questions with any of the other platforms. make a list of the things that are must haves for you and which platform satisfies more of them.

    For me, with all the downs I've been through, it's still BB

    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't......you're right!
    esk369 likes this.
    10-03-12 08:48 AM
  17. BryantCarpio's Avatar
    OP I haven't been using my PlayBook very much since I got an iPad 3 in April, and now I ditched the BB 9900 for the iPhone 5. I do miss my BlackBerry Bold a lot but have gained a massive amount of upgrades with the iPhone 5. As for my PlayBook, I have it sitting on my entertainment system loaded with movies and connected to my Samsung LED TV through HDMI.
    10-03-12 01:12 PM
  18. papped's Avatar
    Why sign a new contract on a BB7 device when they aren't that much different off contract used?
    10-03-12 05:18 PM
  19. bbmme's Avatar
    You should sell it and buy the playbook 4g/lte!!!
    10-03-12 10:48 PM
  20. qwang's Avatar
    because it's a gift from your wife
    10-03-12 11:04 PM
  21. 5eleven's Avatar
    Okay at the risk of getting flamed for a minor update to this post, it's just too funny to NOT share.....I ended up unpacking and breaking out the PlayBook and decided to keep it, rather than go to a different smartphone brand. Just hang in there until BB10 release, I decided. I swear to you the following is an absolutely true story: The following day, I dropped my Bold in the toilet. I thought it was just the holster, so it sat in there for an extra millisecond before I realized the phone was in the damned toilet. I quickly peeled off the Otterbox, ripped out the battery and inspected. Not too bad, I thought, but it wouldn't restart. I did the old rice in the ziplock trick and it worked. The following day, I took the family to a pumpkin patch and upon our return, our pumpkins shifted and displaced a shelf in the back of the SUV. I quickly put my 9650 down inside the hatch, rearranged and removed the pumpkins and got the shelf back in place and closed the hatch.....directly onto my Otterbox. It looked totally fine, but I knew it would probably be bad. Sure enough, white screened on me. Still worked, just white screen. I backed up my data quickly and decided to go ahead and file an insurance claim on it. After completing the requisite online forms, they auto messaged back and told me to take the device to the nearest repair facility. I did this the following day and noted that the Sprint Store did not have a single BB on display - anticipating this, I brought my wife's old 9650 to salvage for parts. Sure enough, the kid retrieved a small plastic bin which had an 8830 bezel, two trackballs and a trackball ring. That was about their entire collection of RIM parts.....They kept both of my devices for about 2 hours. Not only could they not fix it, but now neither device has a functional screen......and I can't activate bluetooth in order to allow bridge to continue to let me receive messages........pretty typical stuff. Now I wait for a replacement phone - I was a little hopeful that maybe they'd replace my 9650 for a 9930, but I think that's probably wishful thinking with Sprint. Carry on. LOL
    10-08-12 06:10 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD