ZZZZzzzzzzzz......
    10-02-12 07:03 AM
    I also had a samsung galaxy note 2, and it was a waste of money.
    Wow you made your mind up after 24 hours of buying a very expensive item that came out like yesterday?

Thats fast.
    10-02-12 07:38 AM
    The Playbook cost you less than seeing a therapist, if every decision in your life require approval of strangers. Keep it, return it, give it away. Make a decision and be done with. No one works for RIM here. It's a BlackBerry users/fans site. Each of us love the Playbook for different reasons. No one can convince you to keep the Playbook if you are not sure of it yourself.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-02-12 07:50 AM
    If the current PB does not do what you need it to do move on. Be happy.
    They will refresh the PB from head to toe sometime. So try something new and come back when and if RIM delivers

Not trolling here. Just an open opinion.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    10-02-12 07:51 AM
    Wow another one?
    Please think for me I can't bear to sigh!!!!!
    Anyone want to take bets on how long this takes to et closed?
    Op keep it no sell it no keep it.
    The best suggestion was on the last one of these same threads donate it to a charity or donate to a local school tell the principal to have a contest so the most deserving student gets it.
    I wish I could remember who made the suggestion on the last one of the same thread to give them credit.
    Keep it no sell it no donate it no stick it in a drawer till bbx.
    Everyone should have this problem.
    Last edited by esk369; 10-02-12 at 01:14 PM. Reason: edited the wrong post.
    bungaboy, DC506 and kozmo68 like this.
    10-02-12 08:48 AM
    It sounds like you already have one foot out the door so it seems like a no-brainer to me. I love my pb but it's not for everyone. If it doesn't meet your needs, time to move on. It's as simple as that.
    esk369, bungaboy and kozmo68 like this.
    10-02-12 09:01 AM
    Oh, how I love forums. You guys are hilarious. For those that gave an honest answer, thanks. For you trolls who consider yourselves therapists, or internet psychologists, go bang yourselves. (If my alleged insecurities concern you, what's it say for those of you who took the time to not only read, but post)

I've been out of the 7 loop, and out of the PB loop for months now, because I really did like my PlayBook - at that time. I just couldn't justify buying another, waiting to see what the next big thing is. I love BlackBerry, and it does what I want/need, it just frustrates me to see so few bigger applications on other operating systems with no chance of them apparently coming to PlayBook.

RIM is behind. Way behind. However, most people that I know with android devices have problems, and I just flat don't care that much for ios. I was hoping someone would update me with something stellar to look forward to and make the decision easier, rather than pouring over 350 million threads.
    10-02-12 10:53 AM
    Well, if you like Playstation games and Nintendo games, you can side-load emulators on the PB. Can't do that with my wife's new iPad, unless I first jailbreak it - and she won't let me do that while it's under warranty.

So she gets to watch me play them on my PB.

As for the PB your wife gave you, if you don't want it sell it.
    5eleven likes this.
    10-02-12 10:55 AM
    Yeah, I get it. She switched to iPhone and all four kids have iPod touches. The, and I mean THE only reason I would ever even consider switching is for videochat with the wife and kids - she works nights and I work afternoons and we have a sitter in the evenings. My wife would rather I send the PB back and get an iPhone. The reasons I don't like Apple or ios could start a very long and boring thread.

I'm not torn because of two apps, I'm torn because I could see a use for facetime. That's about it. I often wonder if like cross-platform IM, which we use, if someone will develop a cross-platform video chat - which is why I'd like to see Skype on the PB or BB10.

And frankly, I think being able to tether with BlackBerry Bridge is about one of the strongest selling points for the PlayBook. I assume/hope/pray that would continue to be supported.
    Last edited by 5eleven; 10-02-12 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Added paragraph
    10-02-12 11:32 AM
    Too bad the iPhone doesn't do flash you could use aol av or real portal for video chat.
    10-02-12 11:43 AM
    Sounds like you have have a few good reasons to switch to iOS. Hopefully RIM puts out something that can change mind in the future.
    10-02-12 11:44 AM
    i hate to say it but once u get that "itch" for ios or android, seems like u just gotta scratch it. lol

i tried android for a year and a half and came back to bb about a month ago.

my advice is this: don't sign a contract for a new ios device. save your upgrade eligibility for bb10 or even the iphone 5.

more than likely when bb10 comes out there will be so many bugs it may upset a ton of people anyway. that's just the nature of the cell phone industry.

i personally am rocking the 9650. i wasted my upgrade on the gnex. and as soon as it comes back from samsungs repair facility it will get traded for a 9930.

i wont buy another brand new cell phone again until it has been out for atleast 6mo. i am tired of being a beta tester. and quite honestly that is what people who get the "latest and greatest" are.

i depend on my phone way too much for that.

sprint bold 9650 p.s. android sucks. lol
    esk369 likes this.
    10-02-12 12:24 PM
    I understand your frustration with videochat. Everyone I know has iPads as well. I have to use Skype thru my laptop which can be inconvenient. That said, my pb meets my needs. I love the UI and being able to pair it with my 9930 when out of wifi range. Only you can decide what's right for you. Good luck!
    10-02-12 12:36 PM
    Dear Abby.

Has anyone suggested keeping the playbook and getting rid of the wife?
    esk369, jegs2, DC506 and 1 others like this.
    10-02-12 12:40 PM
    Dear Abby.

lol

Sent from my  9900 using Tapatalk
    esk369 likes this.
    10-02-12 12:46 PM
    Dear Abby.

Haha. Finally some humor.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-02-12 12:48 PM
    Oh, how I love forums. You guys are hilarious. For those that gave an honest answer, thanks. For you trolls who consider yourselves therapists, or internet psychologists, go bang yourselves. (If my alleged insecurities concern you, what's it say for those of you who took the time to not only read, but post)

I've been out of the 7 loop, and out of the PB loop for months now, because I really did like my PlayBook - at that time. I just couldn't justify buying another, waiting to see what the next big thing is. I love BlackBerry, and it does what I want/need, it just frustrates me to see so few bigger applications on other operating systems with no chance of them apparently coming to PlayBook.

RIM is behind. Way behind. However, most people that I know with android devices have problems, and I just flat don't care that much for ios. I was hoping someone would update me with something stellar to look forward to and make the decision easier, rather than pouring over 350 million threads.
    Don't take it so personally op I think that a lot of people see the numerous talk me into keeping my device threads. I don't think think that people are being overtly malicious just having a little fun myself included I can only speak for myself I certainly didn't mean to insult of offend just as I said a little fun.
    That being said its also my opinion that a lot of these convince me threads are started with the intent of stirring people up and I'm not saying that was your intent its just not the worst problem to have.
    And let me say if my post insulted of offended you in any way it was not my intention and please accept my sincere apology its all good I hope you keep your pb and if you don't I hope whatever choice you make works for you if you are looking at android take a look at the Asus transformer series I have a t300 its a pretty good piece of hardware.
    Btw I did read your post and looking back on it I should have posted in a more serious way.
    If you do decide to go Asus and you have any questions (not that I'm a expert far from) I would be more then happy to share my personal experience with this particular product.
    Last edited by esk369; 10-02-12 at 01:13 PM.
    bungaboy and Mr.Monty like this.
    10-02-12 12:59 PM
    I love these "Guys I cant make my mind up, should I wear pants or no pants today? Help me please" type threads.
    Pantless! Always choose pantless!
    10-02-12 01:48 PM
    "D�j� vu, from French, literally "already seen", is the phenomenon of having the strong sensation that an event or experience currently being experienced has been experienced in the past."

....Just sayin'.....
    esk369 and bungaboy like this.
    10-02-12 02:21 PM
    dear abby.

hilarious!!!!!!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-02-12 03:24 PM
    esk369:

I did not at all take it personally. I realize that anytime a post is made, there's a certain amount of flame that follows. I was just nipping back.

I read the forums mostly for research, see what's going on, fixing issues, and a little insight.

I've been pissed at myself for losing the PB, which I loved, and then immediately drooled all over myself when I saw that 64G PB in the box on my anniversary. Something inside my head said "hang on a minute and think this through", because I've been so frustrated with my BB and RIM in general over the past year.... I don't want to be in a position where I have to upgrade because my 9650 is shot and settle for something less than what I expect out of BB10.

In my work field, my BBM was overpopulated with coworkers who had the BlackBerry. Literally, I have lost every single work contact, with the exception of a single person to the iphone. I am afraid that RIM is letting the market slip away, and I don't like it.

No harm, no foul, no hard feelings.

And certainly, I wasn't trying to rile anyone. Frankly, I quit looking at the forums when I lost my PB and I wanted some honest advice, someone to tell me "hey, yeah, netflix is cool, but look at what this PB can do!" I'm reading about the possible OS update coming and I'm a little more inclined than I was before to keep it. Thanks all.
    10-02-12 03:29 PM
    Considering your unopened PB has limited resale value, why not use it anyway for the time being? You'll get a chance to play with BB10 when it arrives, and in the meantime, you have a nice little tablet to browse the web and do a few other things (except Skype, Netflix).

I love my PB for its size and relatively smooth performance. Browsing the web with it is a nice experience and it's so much more portable than a larger tablet. I enjoy playing games on it as well, and the fact that you can side load apps on it gives it another interesting dimension.

You could also donate your PB to a charity or give it to a friend or family member that would get some use out of it.
    10-02-12 03:48 PM
    Dear Abby.

That usually ends up costing way too much! But it's always a viable option..
    10-02-12 04:39 PM
    Buy an Ipad cause it sounds like you already made a decision.
    10-02-12 04:44 PM
    That usually ends up costing way too much! But it's always a viable option..
    That's a good point. And she would likely get the PlayBook in the divorce.
    5eleven and bungaboy like this.
    10-02-12 05:19 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD