Earlier this year I had a 16G PlayBook stolen. It was a gift from my wife, and I have reluctantly been hanging in there awaiting a BB10 device. However, my wife has already jumped ship to the iPhone and she loves it. I bought her an iPad for our anniversary and she loves it as well.

I'm hanging on by a thread with my 9650, and I don't want to sign another contract now on a BB7 device, only to get screwed to get a new BB10, if it's all it's cracked up to be...

For three days I've been staring at the boxed 64G PlayBook replacement she bought me for our anniversary. I can't bring myself to open the box. The only reason I am even considering keeping this thing is so I can tether my device when out and about...

No Skype, no Netflix, I'm not a huge gamer, I'm not really sure why I even want another PlayBook at this point. I've pretty much decided that if my Bold craps out between now and a hopeful BlackBerry 10 January release, I'm done with RIM. I've been a loyal BB user since the 7520. I'm at the point that I can't decide to ship this PlayBook back and get something else, or to keep it and hope that BB10 makes it worthwhile.

Advice?
    chan_the_killer likes this.
    10-01-12 11:03 PM
    The Playbook is the best tablet ever. Keep it.
    10-01-12 11:13 PM
    Give it some thought and then do what you think is best.
    richardat likes this.
    10-01-12 11:13 PM
    unresalable
    10-01-12 11:22 PM
    Keep the 64 your wife bought you. Enjoy it while you're waiting for BB10 & get yourself a second tablet for skype & netflix. If you don't want to own two tablets & those two apps are a deal breaker then you know what you must do.
    10-01-12 11:22 PM
    You really want to netflix on a tablet that bad? It will come when bb10 comes. Its worth the price for the storage alone.
    10-01-12 11:24 PM
    Since you've pretty much talked yourself to move on......well move on then. Test the waters. I tried ios and hurried back to rim. So try again when BB10 finally rolls out. Things can drastically change in a few months time. Or another platform may just satisfy you completely. In other words, if the product doesn't work for YOU, find one that does.
    10-01-12 11:24 PM
    You shouldn't keep it, I'll give you $25 for it.
    Zildjian71, kozmo68 and jegs2 like this.
    10-01-12 11:31 PM
    Earlier this year I had a 16G PlayBook stolen. It was a gift from my wife, and I have reluctantly been hanging in there awaiting a BB10 device. However, my wife has already jumped ship to the iPhone and she loves it. I bought her an iPad for our anniversary and she loves it as well.

I'm hanging on by a thread with my 9650, and I don't want to sign another contract now on a BB7 device, only to get screwed to get a new BB10, if it's all it's cracked up to be...

For three days I've been staring at the boxed 64G PlayBook replacement she bought me for our anniversary. I can't bring myself to open the box. The only reason I am even considering keeping this thing is so I can tether my device when out and about...

No Skype, no Netflix, I'm not a huge gamer, I'm not really sure why I even want another PlayBook at this point. I've pretty much decided that if my Bold craps out between now and a hopeful BlackBerry 10 January release, I'm done with RIM. I've been a loyal BB user since the 7520. I'm at the point that I can't decide to ship this PlayBook back and get something else, or to keep it and hope that BB10 makes it worthwhile.

Advice?

Might as well get something else, for now. If the Playbook doesn't do what you want it to do, why hang on to it? It's going to be a long time before BB10 comes out on the Playbook yet, and by then the hardware is going to be quite long in the tooth.
    diegonei and uaisol like this.
    10-01-12 11:34 PM
    I'll buy it for the right price.
    Zildjian71 likes this.
    10-01-12 11:39 PM
    Ok so here's what I did. My 9930 was having issues so I went to another platform. I still have my PlayBook though and use it daily. I don't consider that I've "jumped ship" by any means. I'm using a different device for now. And be it when my contract is up or I decide that I can't stand my current device, I will be returning to BB for my next hand held. So keep the PlayBook. Unless it's not right for you and if not sell it, donate it, to me

Or anyone else that's in need.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 10-02-12 at 09:08 AM.
    10-01-12 11:44 PM
    Sounds to me like you got your mind made up, why do you so desperately seek the opinion of others who have no bearing on your life?
    10-01-12 11:53 PM
    Do we yet another thread like this? Sorry OP but i've seen so many of these recently.

If you don't want it for the reasons you give, get rid of it. If you want it, open it. I don't see too many other tablets with 64gb memory that can operate with excellent battery life, connect effectively at HD through HDMI, run another OS's software in real-time, fast processor, excellent camera quality (and dual at that); great Business software in Docs2Go, etc (so its not just for gaming) - however graphics on games are excellent.

I could go on & on. I won't. At the end of the day it comes down to personal choice...you either want it or not. Will BB10 make the magic difference, probably. But again will others just complain about what BB10 doesn't have, same as people are currently here complaining about what the PB OS 'doesn't do'. Personally I think RIM have executed the QNX system brilliantly. But again it is all about personal preference and experience.

I appreciate the longevity of your 'stay' with BB, but in terms of whether or not you use a PB, that's actually irrelevant. Only you will decide, but it already seems your mind is made up - which is why I question the relevance of the thread.
    CeeXTwo, jakie55, Cesare21 and 3 others like this.
    10-02-12 12:00 AM
    Keep it, it can still do alot of things.
    10-02-12 12:00 AM
    Really???!! You've already decided, so why start this thread? Get rid of it and sell it here to someone who'll have plenty of uses for it, even without Skype and Netflix.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 10-02-12 at 12:23 AM.
    10-02-12 12:10 AM
    Sounds to me like you got your mind made up, why do you so desperately seek the opinion of others who have no bearing on your life?
    Beat me to it. Really? Are you that insecure that you post this question here?

Unreal.
    10-02-12 12:12 AM
    Simply put: BB10 will be able to run on your Playbook.

You may also want to look at the options that are presented to you by rooting it as well.
    axllebeer likes this.
    10-02-12 12:14 AM
    The only place that will accept you PB is the garbage can. Forget the PB, at least open it and pretend you like it for your wife! Geez!
    10-02-12 12:22 AM

Advice?

You should get rid of it, ill take it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-02-12 01:50 AM
    If you're looking for a tablet for Skype and Netflix, but not gaming, then I would venture to say that your current tablet won't work for you. That is painfully obvious in these forums, so you must be reaching for something else. Other than your wife liking hers and those few apps mentioned above, you really haven't said what you might need a tablet for, so any recommendation is based on our needs and likes, not yours.

If it's just those two apps, I would buy an inexpensive Android tablet instead of spending 3x the money to do those same things on an iPad. I can't tell if money is an issue or not. You seem worried about spending it on a BB, but not if you're following your wife's lead and spending it on Apple...
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-02-12 02:33 AM
    You shouldn't keep it, I'll give you $25 for it.
    Raise it straight to $75 plus shipping and you have a deal with me OP.
    10-02-12 04:35 AM
    OP, put it up for sale in the Market Place forum. Plenty here who want to buy...

http://forums.crackberry.com/marketplace-f14/
    rotorwrench, esk369, jegs2 and 1 others like this.
    10-02-12 04:44 AM
    I love these "Guys I cant make my mind up, should I wear pants or no pants today? Help me please" type threads.
    10-02-12 05:06 AM
    I have an ipad 2, and think my playbook is better.

Its smallers, easier to use especially with the swipes, much better multi tasking and for me all i need is the browser/youtube/email/videos aside from that im good. Playbook is the best tablet, hands down.

I also had a samsung galaxy note 2, and it was a waste of money.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    axeman1000 likes this.
    10-02-12 05:50 AM
    Sell it..... If you're asking its clearly not for you. I'll give you $ 100... Final offer. Since its so useless and all..
    10-02-12 06:15 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD